CSNbbs
If you were told by the AD that you cannot donate to football contact - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: If you were told by the AD that you cannot donate to football contact (/thread-718178.html)

If you were told by the AD that you cannot donate to football contact - ATTALLABLAZE - 12-09-2014 01:24 PM

(or anyone at all in the athletic department told you that you could not) contact Kevin Scarbinsky kscarbinsky@al.com and Kyle Whitmire
kwhitmire@al.com immediately. Send them a quick e-mail detailing it.
Many of us were told we cannot donate to football. It had to be to the overall athletic program.

RE: If you were told by the AD that you cannot donate to football contact - thebernreuter - 12-09-2014 01:34 PM

Just did it.

RE: If you were told by the AD that you cannot donate to football contact - usmgh - 12-09-2014 01:49 PM

(12-09-2014 01:24 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Many of us were told we cannot donate to football. It had to be to the overall athletic program.

Isn't that pretty commonplace?

RE: If you were told by the AD that you cannot donate to football contact - demiveeman - 12-09-2014 01:53 PM

(12-09-2014 01:49 PM)usmgh Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 01:24 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Many of us were told we cannot donate to football. It had to be to the overall athletic program.

Not when you are planning to cut football due to lack of football support.

RE: If you were told by the AD that you cannot donate to football contact - ATTALLABLAZE - 12-09-2014 01:56 PM

They tell you you cannot donate to football then say one of the reasons they are killing it is because you can't raise money.

That dog won't hunt.

RE: If you were told by the AD that you cannot donate to football contact - Matrix - 12-09-2014 01:57 PM

(12-09-2014 01:24 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  (or anyone at all in the athletic department told you that you could not) contact Kevin Scarbinsky kscarbinsky@al.com and Kyle Whitmire
Many of us were told we cannot donate to football. It had to be to the overall athletic program.

I was told this by a couple of representatives in Blazer Boosters, that's why after this happened with our football team, I turned in my Gold Card, renounced my membership and tendered a typewritten correspondence to them. Reaching out to Kyle and Scarbo right now.

RE: If you were told by the AD that you cannot donate to football contact - mixduptransistor - 12-09-2014 02:42 PM

(12-09-2014 01:49 PM)usmgh Wrote:  

Not when it comes to seven figure donations meant for specific projects

RE: If you were told by the AD that you cannot donate to football contact - Matrix - 12-09-2014 05:55 PM

I just emailed them both. I had 2 Blazer Booster reps tell me they couldn't accept donations specifically for the football program, when I asked why, they couldn't tell me. Or wouldn't....I let them talk me into increasing my donation this year...Fool me once...???

RE: If you were told by the AD that you cannot donate to football contact - Komodo - 12-10-2014 12:36 PM

(12-09-2014 01:24 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  (or anyone at all in the athletic department told you that you could not) contact Kevin Scarbinsky kscarbinsky@al.com and Kyle Whitmire

Gosh, how valuable would it be to have a copy of that email or memo where the President or AD, instructed UAB staff to refuse (or redirect) donations specifically for football? The date on said email would be especially interesting.

Komodo

RE: If you were told by the AD that you cannot donate to football contact - ATTALLABLAZE - 12-10-2014 12:45 PM

I'll see if I have anything but most of it was done verbally. I would love to dig through all the AD e-mails.

RE: If you were told by the AD that you cannot donate to football contact - Matrix - 12-10-2014 01:32 PM

I'll check my emails to see if there's any conversation with me and one or more of those Blazer Booster Reps today.

RE: If you were told by the AD that you cannot donate to football contact - Matrix - 12-11-2014 02:08 PM

I just found about 3 or 4 emails of conversations with at least 3 BB representatives (one of them is the Director of Sales) & Brian Mackin, who referred my inquiries about the football program to one of them, I also found one that I'd sent to all of them, including Mackin, asking why no one in the department has stepped forward to show support for the program, it went unanswered. Soon as I get a green light from Scarbo or Mr. Whitmire, I'll be forwarding the messages to them, not sure how useful they'll be but if there's a chance, let's roll...