CSNbbs
boosters question - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: boosters question (/thread-718030.html)

boosters question - blazerwkr - 12-08-2014 06:04 PM

Ok can't find it but I know I saw it over the weekend or Fri about boosters were approached etc UAB website to refute allegations that boosters weren't. Ok fine someone needs to ask which ones - were they targeted knowing that they wouldn't give or are the type that only gives to the academics/medical side? Were they corporate donors? How many? Were they UAT boosters?

That is the hard & proper question that needs to be asked by media of Watts.

RE: boosters question - BlazrDawg - 12-08-2014 06:39 PM

(12-08-2014 06:04 PM)blazerwkr Wrote:  Ok can't find it but I know I saw it over the weekend or Fri about boosters were approached etc UAB website to refute allegations that boosters weren't. Ok fine someone needs to ask which ones - were they targeted knowing that they wouldn't give or are the type that only gives to the academics/medical side? Were they corporate donors? How many? Were they UAT boosters?

That is the hard & proper question that needs to be asked by media of Watts.

Well, if any boosters were actually approached and asked to help, they weren't the ones who openly support UAB athletics with attendance and $$$$ donations to UAB athletics, because some of those have already indicated that they were NOT approached and in fact some of them met with Watts over the past 4 weeks or so and left with no indication that Watts would accept any promised funding for football.

RE: boosters question - blazerwkr - 12-08-2014 06:52 PM

True in that we know who he didn't talk to but need record of who he did just to rebut his rebuttal - until then his words can ring true & carry weight but only if the truth isn't fully known.

RE: boosters question - UAB Band Dad - 12-08-2014 07:11 PM

Well, you had Hire in the Sportscenter segment, and Filler came out the next day. Both of them have the money, but Watts seems to think it does not count unless it is a certified check in his sweaty little hand.

Gee, I wonder if the same is true for the Campaign for UAB, because I bet half or better of that was pledges, too.