CSNbbs
2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den (/thread-717835.html)

2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - ODUR8R - 04-30-2015 11:33 AM

Decisions like these are not announced. As it stands we have three open scholarships.

VC is one dude doing the best he can off of information found on twitter.

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - djnva - 04-30-2015 11:35 AM

Yeah, I think we won't know the status of the Stith's until there's no chance of signing another recruit. If they have the option of being a "walk on" you keep that option open as long as you can.

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - jumpshooter - 04-30-2015 12:09 PM

(04-30-2015 11:33 AM)ODUR8R Wrote:  Decisions like these are not announced. As it stands we have three open scholarships.

VC is one dude doing the best he can off of information found on twitter.

Exactly why I've been saying you take it with a grain of salt. A site that monitors another social media site is hardly reliable journalism. It might be hard work, but it's inaccurate as all get out -- especially when dealing with mid-majors, where info isn't so free-flowing. He just had Shannon Evans committing to Buffalo, not de-committing and committing to ASU.

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - backcourt - 05-03-2015 09:35 PM

Whether the Stith's are walk-ons or not, there are only so many minutes in a basketball game... Some to remember as you try and get a commitment...

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - paintedblue2 - 05-04-2015 09:49 AM

Excuse me if this already noted on this thread, but I didn't see it on Verbal Commits yet. According to a SFHS tweet, ODU has offered '16 F Tauren Thompson, 6'10", Jersey City NJ, St. Francis HS.

He also has an offer from Rutgers, and has interest from ASU, Pitt, and Syracuse.

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - ODU BBALL - 05-05-2015 09:47 PM

(04-05-2015 09:25 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 08:25 PM)DaBigBlue Wrote:  Well that didn't take long, Texas has offered Matt Coleman.

If top caliber guys from this area like Matt Coleman stay home at ODU then there is no doubt in my mind that ODU can and will become better than Texas. I'm positive that coach Jones along with coach Stith and the rest are superior coaches to Shaka and whoever he ends up having as his assistants. Besides that, who would you rather have cheering you on ... your hometown crowd (friends, neighbors, family members, etc.) or a bunch of strangers that only care about how many wins you are going to provide to their program? Wouldn't you rather see your name in the local newspaper for the same reasons than in one hundreds of miles away where few of your friends would ever get to see it? Wouldn't you rather be on the local sports news broadcast showing your game highlights instead of having the local news showing them hundreds of miles away from your home/friends/neighbors/family? If I was a local kid that was that good the answer would be right there in front of me. THE KIDS MAKE THE PROGRAM, NOT THE NAME OF THE SCHOOL. Coach Jones (and staff) are probably better than a lot of what the so called big name schools have running things, and with just a few more key pieces in place ODU will be there front and center. Heck, the team has progressed to the NIT Final 4 in NYC after coming from a 5 win season just 2 years ago before Jones arrived. I'd be happy to hollar for Matt wearing an ODU uniform playing along side the Stiths (and others). 07-coffee3

I'm bumping this up because since posting it earlier ODU has added a couple of top 100 players (B. Stith - transfer from UVA & A. Colbert - transfer from Illinois) who both have local connections. These guys no doubt will have a big say in the success of ODU Basketball going forward and the sky is the limit. Add in another key local guy like Coleman and ODU could easily find itself being the team that most of the nation is pulling for in an upcoming NCAA Tournament after we have knocked off some of the bigger 'names' along the way.

Bottom line ... Jeff can coach with the best of them out there. He has a strong supporting cast of assistant coaches. Now he is assembling a team to compete on a national level. The question is, who else wants in on what's coming together in Norfolk, VA? Who else wants their hometown fans going crazy for them at a sold out TED?

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - djnva - 05-06-2015 09:00 AM

Coleman could be the tipping point. He's that good.

He tweeted something about how he loves his hometown the other day and Aaron Bacote retweeted it.

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - ETSUDB8-79 - 05-06-2015 09:16 AM

(05-05-2015 09:47 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 09:25 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 08:25 PM)DaBigBlue Wrote:  Well that didn't take long, Texas has offered Matt Coleman.

If top caliber guys from this area like Matt Coleman stay home at ODU then there is no doubt in my mind that ODU can and will become better than Texas. I'm positive that coach Jones along with coach Stith and the rest are superior coaches to Shaka and whoever he ends up having as his assistants. Besides that, who would you rather have cheering you on ... your hometown crowd (friends, neighbors, family members, etc.) or a bunch of strangers that only care about how many wins you are going to provide to their program? Wouldn't you rather see your name in the local newspaper for the same reasons than in one hundreds of miles away where few of your friends would ever get to see it? Wouldn't you rather be on the local sports news broadcast showing your game highlights instead of having the local news showing them hundreds of miles away from your home/friends/neighbors/family? If I was a local kid that was that good the answer would be right there in front of me. THE KIDS MAKE THE PROGRAM, NOT THE NAME OF THE SCHOOL. Coach Jones (and staff) are probably better than a lot of what the so called big name schools have running things, and with just a few more key pieces in place ODU will be there front and center. Heck, the team has progressed to the NIT Final 4 in NYC after coming from a 5 win season just 2 years ago before Jones arrived. I'd be happy to hollar for Matt wearing an ODU uniform playing along side the Stiths (and others). 07-coffee3

I'm bumping this up because since posting it earlier ODU has added a couple of top 100 players (B. Stith - transfer from UVA & A. Colbert - transfer from Illinois) who both have local connections. These guys no doubt will have a big say in the success of ODU Basketball going forward and the sky is the limit. Add in another key local guy like Coleman and ODU could easily find itself being the team that most of the nation is pulling for in an upcoming NCAA Tournament after we have knocked off some of the bigger 'names' along the way.

Bottom line ... Jeff can coach with the best of them out there. He has a strong supporting cast of assistant coaches. Now he is assembling a team to compete on a national level. The question is, who else wants in on what's coming together in Norfolk, VA? Who else wants their hometown fans going crazy for them at a sold out TED?

+ 1 04-cheers

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - CameramanJ - 05-06-2015 09:49 AM

We didn't just reload, we refueled and it is time to prepare for takeoff. Someone remember to turn on the sonic cannon to clear the runway of birds, sheep, spiders, and dudes wearing tricorn hats.

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - ODUCoach - 05-06-2015 10:27 AM

(02-21-2015 10:49 AM)Oduhs Wrote:  Is Ramone Snowden considering joining a winning program?
What do you think?

Bump.

05-stirthepot

2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - ODUR8R - 05-06-2015 10:35 AM

Did his brother used to play here and his name rhyme with Delorian?

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - mac - 05-06-2015 10:39 AM

Coach is a real pot stirrer .

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - bit_9 - 05-06-2015 11:59 AM

(05-06-2015 09:00 AM)djnva Wrote:  Coleman could be the tipping point. He's that good.

He tweeted something about how he loves his hometown the other day and Aaron Bacote retweeted it.

You sparked my curiosity so I checked out his feed. He also just started following Under Armor.

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - ODU AGGIE - 05-09-2015 03:16 PM

I know he is 2017, but we don't yet have a 2017 thread, and I am not going to start one for something I am not sure of -- but -- according to a tweet I saw, Marquis Godwin has committed to ODU. Anybody else able to verify that?

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - paintedblue2 - 05-09-2015 03:21 PM

(05-09-2015 03:16 PM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  I know he is 2017, but we don't yet have a 2017 thread, and I am not going to start one for something I am not sure of -- but -- according to a tweet I saw, Marquis Godwin has committed to ODU. Anybody else able to verify that?

I didn't see anything on his twitter. He did say he enjoyed his visit to Norfolk State earlier today.

BTW, I started a 2017 rec. thread a couple of weeks ago, but it was not stickied, so maybe it was too early.

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - ODU AGGIE - 05-09-2015 03:27 PM

(05-09-2015 03:21 PM)paintedblue2 Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 03:16 PM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  I know he is 2017, but we don't yet have a 2017 thread, and I am not going to start one for something I am not sure of -- but -- according to a tweet I saw, Marquis Godwin has committed to ODU. Anybody else able to verify that?

I didn't see anything on his twitter. He did say he enjoyed his visit to Norfolk State earlier today.

BTW, I started a 2017 rec. thread a couple of weeks ago, but it was not stickied, so maybe it was too early.

This is what I saw:

Dan Icayan retweeted
MRGEBRE ‏@MrGebre757 5h5 hours ago
@marquisgodwin_ to commit to ODU!!

Rereading it, it says he is to commit -- not that he did commit.

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - ODUR8R - 05-09-2015 03:49 PM

He visited NSU and nobody should be tweeting at him...that is weird

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - Fatalisk - 05-09-2015 04:03 PM

(05-09-2015 03:49 PM)ODUR8R Wrote:  He visited NSU and nobody should be tweeting at him...that is weird

Very... the older you are, the weirder it gets. Although, it's commonplace.

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - paintedblue2 - 05-09-2015 04:13 PM

(05-09-2015 03:49 PM)ODUR8R Wrote:  He visited NSU and nobody should be tweeting at him...that is weird

True, I follow some recruits, but never tweet at them.

RE: 2016 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - Justanodufan - 05-09-2015 05:37 PM

(05-09-2015 03:27 PM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 03:21 PM)paintedblue2 Wrote:  

This is what I saw:

Dan Icayan retweeted
MRGEBRE ‏@MrGebre757 5h5 hours ago
@marquisgodwin_ to commit to ODU!!

Rereading it, it says he is to commit -- not that he did commit.

That was in response to Marquis tweeting he was on his way to Norfolk.

No big deal 07-coffee3