CSNbbs
Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl (/thread-717747.html)

Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - TheEastisPurple - 12-07-2014 05:03 PM

AAC>ACC

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - SuperFlyBCat - 12-07-2014 05:11 PM

Was hoping for Bham but Military is fine.

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - SNF6 - 12-07-2014 05:27 PM

(12-07-2014 05:11 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Was hoping for Bham but Military is fine.

Stay in Annapolis if you can, amazing place and you will truly enjoy it. Go have a drink in George Washington's favorite tavern, walk the wharf, tour the Naval Academy (very historic and such a beautiful campus), eat at Chick and Ruth's. They have a blue trolley that runs the city and is free. Great bars and eateries everywhere. My son is a candidate and has been nominated for both USAFA and USNA, we visited USNA in early October and fell in love with the place.

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - vabearcat - 12-07-2014 05:48 PM

(12-07-2014 05:27 PM)SNF6 Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 05:11 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Was hoping for Bham but Military is fine.

Stay in Annapolis if you can, amazing place and you will truly enjoy it. Go have a drink in George Washington's favorite tavern, walk the wharf, tour the Naval Academy (very historic and such a beautiful campus), eat at Chick and Ruth's. They have a blue trolley that runs the city and is free. Great bars and eateries everywhere. My son is a candidate and has been nominated for both USAFA and USNA, we visited USNA in early October and fell in love with the place.

Send him to the Air Force Academy. Better school, fewer distractions, more attractive post-military employment opportunities. My son is a USAFA grad. None of the military academies is a rose garden. It is difficult to get through. The kids are challenged in every way possible, but made the better for it.

Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - True Bearcat - 12-07-2014 05:51 PM

I'm excited about the Military Bowl but didn't want to play Va Tech wanted to play someone we haven't played in the last 10 years.

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - SuperFlyBCat - 12-07-2014 05:52 PM

Thanks for the advice!

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - Knightshift - 12-07-2014 05:57 PM

Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment. Iv'e worked with graduates of both, and I can't see how your son could go wrong with either one.

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - PirateTreasureNC - 12-07-2014 06:03 PM

Lets get the AAC 2-0 over VT :D

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - Insane_Baboon - 12-07-2014 06:06 PM

(12-07-2014 06:03 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Lets get the AAC 2-0 over VT :D

Let's not 05-nono

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - No Bull - 12-07-2014 06:07 PM

Nice matchup

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - rath v2.0 - 12-07-2014 06:51 PM

Nice. Was the only one of these bowls with goofy locations, dates , or opponents that I said I'd attend.

Off to Annapolis for first time. Hope they let an old enlisted doc in the place without a special exemption.

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - SNF6 - 12-07-2014 07:03 PM

(12-07-2014 05:57 PM)Knightshift Wrote:  

Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment. Iv'e worked with graduates of both, and I can't see how your son could go wrong with either one.

Thank you. Yes I am proud, very proud.

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - SNF6 - 12-07-2014 07:04 PM

(12-07-2014 05:48 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  

Send him to the Air Force Academy. Better school, fewer distractions, more attractive post-military employment opportunities. My son is a USAFA grad. None of the military academies is a rose garden. It is difficult to get through. The kids are challenged in every way possible, but made the better for it.

I appreciate the advice, it is a very tough decision. They both have great benefits. Didn't mean to jack your bowl thread. Good luck to the Bearcats, we need our conference to win these bowl games. Have fun in Annapolis if you go.

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - Knightsweat - 12-07-2014 07:06 PM

Annapolis is such a historic setting and wonderful tradition. Yes, i'm a Navy vet. :)

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - TigerSeth - 12-07-2014 09:52 PM

Good news for Cindy...ole seth has this one

Cindy 27

VT 24

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - ecumbh1999 - 12-07-2014 10:25 PM

(12-07-2014 09:52 PM)TigerSeth Wrote:  Good news for Cindy...ole seth has this one

Cindy 27

VT 24

I don't think VT scores that much against UC. They have lost too much on O, down to 3rd-4th string RBs. And, the QB sucks.

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - stxrunner - 12-08-2014 09:57 AM

(12-07-2014 05:51 PM)True Bearcat Wrote:  I'm excited about the Military Bowl but didn't want to play Va Tech wanted to play someone we haven't played in the last 10 years.

Disagree strongly. Love playing another matchup with VT. Establishing some nice history of playing them. Been great games between the schools. Fostering those relationships is how you schedule teams in future years and VT is a great school.

Besides, I would much rather play VT than Pitt for instance (no offense Houston).

RE: Cincinnati vs Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl - CliftonAve - 12-08-2014 12:20 PM

(12-08-2014 09:57 AM)stxrunner Wrote:  
(12-07-2014 05:51 PM)True Bearcat Wrote:  I'm excited about the Military Bowl but didn't want to play Va Tech wanted to play someone we haven't played in the last 10 years.

Disagree strongly. Love playing another matchup with VT. Establishing some nice history of playing them. Been great games between the schools. Fostering those relationships is how you schedule teams in future years and VT is a great school.

Besides, I would much rather play VT than Pitt for instance (no offense Houston).

Agreed. We have played the Hokies ten times and this will be the third bowl matchup between the schools. The all-time series split 5-5.

I am sure Dr. Ono will use this opportunity collaborate with VT about some academic research. We also have a good relationship with their athletic department seeing how our old AD is currently at the helm in Blacksburg.