CSNbbs
John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview (/thread-716749.html)

John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview - STLouis Blazer - 12-03-2014 04:10 PM

article about neal and uab

Quote:Neal said he had a conversation with a former UAB player and coach the night before he was scheduled to fly to Birmingham for the interview that helped make his decision.

“Our last conversation led me to believe it was highly likely this was going to happen,” Neal said. “That solidified why I wasn’t going to take this opportunity just to interview. You know in your heart what you want to do, then something validates it and you can actually make the phone call and say, ‘That’s it, I’m done, I’m not the guy, I’m not going to try and fool you.’

RE: John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview - ATTALLABLAZE - 12-03-2014 04:12 PM

Wow

RE: John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview - blazerball25 - 12-03-2014 04:13 PM

He wouldn't have gotten us to 6 wins anyways

RE: John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview - FNblazer - 12-03-2014 04:13 PM

Could that former player/coach be Blevins? That means the staff knew! Blow it up guys!

RE: John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview - STLouis Blazer - 12-03-2014 04:25 PM

What the f*ck? This is what he felt and he didn't sound any alarms with anyone close to the program??!! Or he did and they kept it quiet?

RE: John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview - biglizard - 12-03-2014 04:39 PM

How the hell is someone not going to jail for this? They took our booster money and wasted a year of everyone's time when they had no effing intention of going past this year and not one word was said.

RE: John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview - ATTALLABLAZE - 12-03-2014 04:41 PM

The previous staff knew. McGee admitted he was tipped off.

John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview - Blazer85 - 12-03-2014 04:41 PM

That is my question. Why is there not a push in the media or amongst our boosters to pursue legal action? Or is there something ongoing that we can't openly discuss on BT?

RE: John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview - PirateTreasureNC - 12-03-2014 04:46 PM

This is crazy....

RE: John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview - the_blazerman - 12-03-2014 04:46 PM

This is UAB

RE: John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview - 58-56 - 12-03-2014 04:51 PM

Is it possible this week's action is actually retaliation for firing Neil Callaway, Little Bear's drinking bud? How does the timeline stack up?

RE: John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview - Blazer88 - 12-03-2014 04:52 PM

This would make the best 30 for 30 ever made

RE: John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview - USAFBlazerFan - 12-03-2014 05:26 PM

(12-03-2014 04:52 PM)Blazer88 Wrote:  This would make the best 30 for 30 ever made

+1 million!

RE: John Neal says he thought this would happen and was why he didn't interview - Uncle BLAZER - 12-03-2014 07:35 PM

I think taking booster money knowing you're dropping a major program is fraud. Why can't this be pursued?