CSNbbs
Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? (/thread-716636.html)

Pages: 1 2

Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - Island Blazer - 12-03-2014 09:03 AM

Stay tuned.

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - the_blazerman - 12-03-2014 10:07 AM

Too late now.

Needed them before.

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - UAB Band Dad - 12-03-2014 10:26 AM

That leverage needed to be applied in abundance last week. All it is now is further damage.

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - FNblazer - 12-03-2014 10:27 AM

The problem now is any "my donations are toast!" talk is advancing the BOT agenda. We must work to remove Watts and reform the Board before our place as an extension center is cemented.

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - nicknitro19 - 12-03-2014 11:40 AM

(12-03-2014 10:27 AM)FNblazer Wrote:  The problem now is any "my donations are toast!" talk is advancing the BOT agenda. We must work to remove Watts and reform the Board before our place as an extension center is cemented.

I agree, but this can be used to support a vote of no confidence in Watts. His leadership is going to cost the school money in endowments.

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - ATTALLABLAZE - 12-03-2014 11:41 AM

This needs to happen.

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - blazinrunner - 12-03-2014 11:44 AM

The decision can be reversed. UAH got their death sentence reversed. Big time donors such as the Collat's could help. I highly doubt Watt's will go back on his own decision (PBJ and Board won't let him!) but it technically could be reversed...

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - nicknitro19 - 12-03-2014 11:48 AM

(12-03-2014 11:44 AM)blazinrunner Wrote:  The decision can be reversed. UAH got their death sentence reversed. Big time donors such as the Collat's could help. I highly doubt Watt's will go back on his own decision (PBJ and Board won't let him!) but it technically could be reversed...

But it is his decision the Board of Trustees didn't have anything to do with, so they don't have any input. amirite?

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - ATTALLABLAZE - 12-03-2014 11:51 AM

LOL That is their claim. If we can get rid of Watts........................ Then they (board) would have to show its hand.

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - blazers9911 - 12-03-2014 11:51 AM

I keep wondering about this. Is it even possible to reverse this decision in short order and keep the program?

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - UABslant - 12-03-2014 11:51 AM

All Watts would have to do is say he and his advisors have changed their minds. The BOT has already made a statement that this was totally Watts' decision to make.

Did you guys hear Trustee England's interview last night? The man was positively sick saying what he had to say. That man is a judge.

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - BatesUAB - 12-03-2014 11:53 AM

(12-03-2014 11:51 AM)UABslant Wrote:  All Watts would have to do is say he and his advisors have changed their minds. The BOT has already made a statement that this was totally Watts' decision to make.

Did you guys hear Trustee England's interview last night? The man was positively sick saying what he had to say. That man is a judge.

What did he say, on what channel?

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - blazinrunner - 12-03-2014 11:53 AM

(12-03-2014 11:48 AM)nicknitro19 Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 11:44 AM)blazinrunner Wrote:  The decision can be reversed. UAH got their death sentence reversed. Big time donors such as the Collat's could help. I highly doubt Watt's will go back on his own decision (PBJ and Board won't let him!) but it technically could be reversed...

But it is his decision the Board of Trustees didn't have anything to do with, so they don't have any input. amirite?

Exactly!!

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - hooverblazer - 12-03-2014 12:03 PM

(12-03-2014 11:51 AM)UABslant Wrote:  All Watts would have to do is say he and his advisors have changed their minds. The BOT has already made a statement that this was totally Watts' decision to make.

You could 100% tell he did not support the decision and gritting his teeth saying the BOT wasn't involved.

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - thebernreuter - 12-03-2014 12:05 PM

I'd love to hear what Trustee Humphrey has to say.

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - ATTALLABLAZE - 12-03-2014 12:16 PM

Hell they voted on it via teleconference. (Multiple reports) This needs to get out. Would be great if the persons with the proof came forward but I do understand it could mean their jobs. They would be fired immediately.

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - Smaug - 12-03-2014 12:19 PM

(12-03-2014 12:05 PM)thebernreuter Wrote:  I'd love to hear what Trustee Humphrey has to say.

She looked me in the eye and said, "I love this team" in Hattiesburg Saturday.

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - ATTALLABLAZE - 12-03-2014 12:21 PM

Me too. I'd be willing to bet she was the lone vote no. Most abstained.

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - UAB Band Dad - 12-03-2014 12:28 PM

(12-03-2014 11:51 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  I keep wondering about this. Is it even possible to reverse this decision in short order and keep the program?

Clark's gone. That damage is done.

The program is bigger than he is, but we'd have to find a really good and really gutty coach to take it over, in the face of well documented difficulties.

RE: Ding! Collat family speaking? Medical students speaking? - KevMo4UAB - 12-03-2014 12:30 PM

(12-03-2014 12:21 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Me too. I'd be willing to bet she was the lone vote no. Most abstained.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Martin Luther King, Jr.