CSNbbs
UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... (/thread-716152.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - MUHERD76 - 12-01-2014 05:06 PM

Some info I heard today...#1 regardless of what's been said so far, the decision to drop or continue UAB football has not been made. Decision expected one way or another by Dec. 15th. #2 If UAB is forced to drop football, they will have to find a new home. The majority does not want to go down the road of having basketball only unless something comes up that is to good to pass up.#3 If UAB decides to bail, CUSA has to decide by July 1st who they are bringing in. List of schools being talked about seriously...Louisiana, Texas State, New Mexico State, two anonymous "Ohio Mac Schools". Others in conversation..JMU, Georgia Southern, UMass and one other school that insists on remaining anonymous for whatever reason. Thats it for now.

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - goherd17 - 12-01-2014 05:13 PM

here's hoping they can stay around and get some support going and build new stadium and sign Clark to longer contract

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - pilot172000 - 12-01-2014 05:15 PM

Amen.

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - CrushMI - 12-01-2014 05:15 PM

Miami (OH) or Ohio would be cool although it would break up WKU and MT possibly?

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - Niner National - 12-01-2014 05:18 PM

Although I hope UAB stays, I do wonder who the two MAC schools are. Ohio would be of interest to me, but I'm not sure anyone else would be. Most of the other Ohio MAC schools are in dead or dying Rust Belt cities. Ohio is at least in a college town that will likely always be sheltered from that because its main industry is education.

I really hope Texas State and GaSo aren't really under consideration though. Terrible basketball arenas with no prospects of success in the near future. We have enough of that already.

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - Dracorex - 12-01-2014 05:22 PM

Please let us die before you write our obituary. Until then. Keep this crap off of the board.

We're not F***ing dead yet.

No F***ing realignment threads.

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - monarx - 12-01-2014 05:23 PM

Ohio would be great. LaLa, JMU or UMass would be good. I don't want Texas State or New Mexico St. at all. GaSo makes some sense as well geographically. I dont see the danger in keeping UAB as basketball only. They help us, not hurt us. If we could bring in UMass for all sports and keep UAB that would be perfect in my opinion. We replace lousy football with lousy football, but add a really good basketball brand and gain the Boston market, or at least press in the Boston market.

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - Ole Blue - 12-01-2014 05:31 PM

(12-01-2014 05:22 PM)Dracorex Wrote:  Please let us die before you write our obituary. Until then. Keep this crap off of the board.

I would love just as much as you to see UAB stay in the conference. But that doesn't take away from the fact that they've started to prepare for the worst, what will happen if what we fear comes to fruition. Staying away from that is just trying to pull the wool.

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - pilot172000 - 12-01-2014 05:32 PM

(12-01-2014 05:22 PM)Dracorex Wrote:  Please let us die before you write our obituary. Until then. Keep this crap off of the board.

I agree. AMEN

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - techdawg88 - 12-01-2014 05:35 PM

If CUSA takes a Ohio MAC school then it should be either Toledo or Bowling Green

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - Niner National - 12-01-2014 05:39 PM

(12-01-2014 05:35 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  If CUSA takes a Ohio MAC school then it should be either Toledo or Bowling Green

why? I don't really know much about the MAC schools other than Ohio. Ohio seems to have the best support and performance lately though.

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - MWC Tex - 12-01-2014 05:40 PM

(12-01-2014 05:23 PM)monarx Wrote:  Ohio would be great. LaLa, JMU or UMass would be good. I don't want Texas State or New Mexico St. at all. GaSo makes some sense as well geographically. I dont see the danger in keeping UAB as basketball only. They help us, not hurt us. If we could bring in UMass for all sports and keep UAB that would be perfect in my opinion. We replace lousy football with lousy football, but add a really good basketball brand and gain the Boston market, or at least press in the Boston market.

What difference does it make for ODU if Tex St or NMSU is added. You are in the East Division with already 6 other members close to you.

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - techdawg88 - 12-01-2014 05:45 PM

(12-01-2014 05:39 PM)Niner National Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 05:35 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  If CUSA takes a Ohio MAC school then it should be either Toledo or Bowling Green

why? I don't really know much about the MAC schools other than Ohio. Ohio seems to have the best support and performance lately though.

Bowling Green helps in football & basketball

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - Niner National - 12-01-2014 05:49 PM

(12-01-2014 05:45 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  

Bowling Green helps in football & basketball

They do? They have 0 NCAA appearances since 1980.

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - Saint Greg - 12-01-2014 06:09 PM

I know a little about Toledo only because Tech interviewed their Head Coach before hiring Holtz. They've been pretty solid. 10, 9, 7, and 8 win seasons the past four years. Head Coach is only 35 and in his 3rd season. I have no idea how they are in other sports.

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - Niner National - 12-01-2014 06:15 PM

(12-01-2014 06:09 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  

I know a little about Toledo only because Tech interviewed their Head Coach before hiring Holtz. They've been pretty solid. 10, 9, 7, and 8 win seasons the past four years. Head Coach is only 35 and in his 3rd season. I have no idea how they are in other sports.
like bg, they have 0 NCAA appearances since 1980.

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - FlyHawk98 - 12-01-2014 06:27 PM

Here is my take on the MAC schools.

Personally, I would like to see us add either Ohio, Akron, or Toledo.

One con to Ohio is how close it already is to Marshall. I don't care about markets, but obviously the people making these decisions cares a lot about markets.

Akron has nice facilities, good basketball, and has a big market. I could see them looking to move up tbh.

Toledo has good football history and decent market. They are up on the Michigan border though, so that is really expanding the footprint right there.

Re: RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - EverRespect - 12-01-2014 06:30 PM

(12-01-2014 05:06 PM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  Some info I heard today...#1 regardless of what's been said so far, the decision to drop or continue UAB football has not been made. Decision expected one way or another by Dec. 15th. #2 If UAB is forced to drop football, they will have to find a new home. The majority does not want to go down the road of having basketball only unless something comes up that is to good to pass up.#3 If UAB decides to bail, CUSA has to decide by July 1st who they are bringing in. List of schools being talked about seriously...Louisiana, Texas State, New Mexico State, two anonymous "Ohio Mac Schools". Others in conversation..JMU, Georgia Southern, UMass and one other school that insists on remaining anonymous for whatever reason. Thats it for now.

Unless the anonymous school is Northern Iowa, Missouri State, or another MVC poach, I like in this order:

UMass
New Mexico State
MAC schools
JMU
Georgia Southern

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Re: RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - EverRespect - 12-01-2014 06:32 PM

(12-01-2014 05:23 PM)monarx Wrote:  Ohio would be great. LaLa, JMU or UMass would be good. I don't want Texas State or New Mexico St. at all. GaSo makes some sense as well geographically. I dont see the danger in keeping UAB as basketball only. They help us, not hurt us. If we could bring in UMass for all sports and keep UAB that would be perfect in my opinion. We replace lousy football with lousy football, but add a really good basketball brand and gain the Boston market, or at least press in the Boston market.

Why not New Mexico State? Solid basketball program and a west add.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

RE: UAB/CUSA tidbits.... - Big Dub - 12-01-2014 06:32 PM

I'm sorry but it's a viable topic, nothing personal.

Nothing that anyone writes on here is going to change UAB's situation one way or another.