CSNbbs
Edit Title: Clark says fight for the Blazers! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Edit Title: Clark says fight for the Blazers! (/thread-715832.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Edit Title: Clark says fight for the Blazers! - UABGrad - 11-30-2014 03:01 PM

Joe SchadVerified account ‏@schadjoe 9m9 minutes ago
UAB coach Bill Clark said Sunday he believes the school’s football program is about to shut down.

Joe SchadVerified account ‏@schadjoe 8m8 minutes ago
“Unless something changes before the weekend ends,” Clark said. “I think it’s over. I think the odds are very high it ends this week.”

Joe SchadVerified account ‏@schadjoe 8m8 minutes ago
“To shut the doors? That’s sad,” Clark said. “I feel for these players. They committed to this school.”

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good - hooverblazer - 11-30-2014 03:02 PM

Wow

Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good - BeliefBlazer - 11-30-2014 03:04 PM

Welp.

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 11-30-2014 03:07 PM

The system BOT leadership will (if this is true) claim publicly that "they had nothing to do with it" while privately slapping each other on the back over a job well done. After all these years, Bryant, Jr will have finally gotten personal revenge on Gene Bartow and UAB athletics.

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - uabnick - 11-30-2014 03:07 PM

ESPN article

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - GreenMississippi - 11-30-2014 03:08 PM

Well... I guess the next phase is to scorch his earth and make sure Watts regrets it.

Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - blazed247 - 11-30-2014 03:11 PM

Womp womp womp

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - thebernreuter - 11-30-2014 03:11 PM

Suddenly that pretend march from footballscoop.com sounds like a good idea.

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - ATTALLABLAZE - 11-30-2014 03:12 PM

Well if it happens and it's still an if. We need to make this VERY ugly. I hope everyone comes to basketball game Thursday ;-).

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - uabnick - 11-30-2014 03:12 PM

From FootballScoop twitter feed:

“@FootballScoop: SI’s Thayer Evans is reporting that UAB is firing their AD Brian Mackin & will shut down their football program this week”

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - TPBlaze84 - 11-30-2014 03:13 PM

Mackin has been fired reportedly

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 11-30-2014 03:17 PM

Watts is just the tool the BOT used to get what they wanted all along. If not him, then they would have used someone else since they hold all the cards in this game. It's like dealing with Stalin or Hitler when you deal with any authoritarian regime that is above all laws and rules of civilized behavior. This way they get to keep UAB in the perpetually subservient position without any fear of retribution.

Welcome to Stalag UAB!

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - BlazerGold09 - 11-30-2014 03:17 PM

Why would he be fired?

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - UABGrad - 11-30-2014 03:17 PM

I bet they pay off Mackin to keep his mouth shut on the BOT's interference. He knows enough back to the Calloway hire to make the big hammer fall.

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - blazerwkr - 11-30-2014 03:17 PM

I'd fire Mackin too regardless of outcome as he's done really little when the stuff hit the fan ever since he's got there & nothing to earn the $$$ he's getting paid along w/ the entire dept doing a crappy job if you can call nothing doing your job at all that.

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - Atlanta Trojan - 11-30-2014 03:18 PM

Yall should gather as a fan base and take to the streets of Bham in protest.

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - Dracorex - 11-30-2014 03:19 PM

He's probably the person that got the Football foundation started behind the scenes. Inside source?

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - demiveeman - 11-30-2014 03:21 PM

(11-30-2014 03:19 PM)Dracorex Wrote:  He's probably the person that got the Football foundation started behind the scenes. Inside source?

Mackin? LOL. No way.

Mackin is a coward and knew his role in this scheme.

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - ATTALLABLAZE - 11-30-2014 03:22 PM

I plan to let them all have it at basketball game. As not to interfere with the basketball team I might add. We must do it carefully.

RE: Saw this on CUSA Board. Not Good. The hammer is falling - WesternBlazer - 11-30-2014 03:23 PM

USA Today
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/11/30/uab-to-shut-down-football-program/19702899/
With UAB's football future hanging in the balance, a person close to the decision-making process told USA TODAY Sports that athletics director Brian Mackin has given indications the program will shut down this week and that Mackin is working on a separation agreement from the university.

His Payoff!!!!