CSNbbs
Question for WKU fans ? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Question for WKU fans ? (/thread-715466.html)

Question for WKU fans ? - KAjunRaider - 11-28-2014 07:42 PM

Is this your biggest win in the 1-A era ?

Any wins bigger in your history other than the 1-aa championship game ?

RE: Question for WKU fans ? - wkuhilltopperfan - 11-28-2014 07:46 PM

(11-28-2014 07:42 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Is this your biggest win in the 1-A era ?

Should be our biggest to date. We have beat Navy a few times and UK twice and Bowling Green this year also..... But this one was on a national stage with it seem like the whole nation watching, which is big for the program. Timing is everything and today WKU picked a good time to show out

RE: Question for WKU fans ? - goherd24herdfans - 11-28-2014 07:50 PM

First win against a ranked opponent that i can find.

Toppers definitely wanted it more today. No question. I hope they bring that same passion to their bowl game.

RE: Question for WKU fans ? - KAjunRaider - 11-28-2014 07:50 PM

(11-28-2014 07:46 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  
(11-28-2014 07:42 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Is this your biggest win in the 1-A era ?

Should be our biggest to date. We have beat Navy a few times and UK twice and Bowling Green this year also..... But this one was on a national stage with it seem like the whole nation watching, which is big for the program. Timing is everything and today WKU picked a good time to show out

Plus, Marshall was ranked

RE: Question for WKU fans ? - wkuhilltopperfan - 11-28-2014 08:03 PM

(11-28-2014 07:50 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(11-28-2014 07:46 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  

Plus, Marshall was ranked

Yeah that don't hurt anything 04-cheers

RE: Question for WKU fans ? - MarshallHerdFanz - 11-28-2014 08:18 PM

We still lead the overall series 4-2.

RE: Question for WKU fans ? - KAjunRaider - 11-28-2014 08:21 PM

(11-28-2014 08:18 PM)MarshallHerdFanz Wrote:  We still lead the overall series 4-2.

I would bet, however--- tonight, that Marshall fans would rather be 1-5 in the series with that one win being earlier today 04-cheers

RE: Question for WKU fans ? - dahbeed - 11-28-2014 09:43 PM

without a doubt it's our biggest win.

1. marshall is a 'name' in my opinion. we are marshall. randy moss. their immediate success when they jumped to the mac. made the top 25 this year. something no school in our former conference has ever done.

2. the undefeated season up to now. marshall in the national conversation. day game on day after thanksgiving.

3. the 2 uk wins were probably biggest until today. simply for perception in the commonwealth. announced to louieville and the kayutts we had somewhat arrived at home.

4. some redemption for some really tough losses earlier this year.

i won't downplay the 1aa championship. very proud of that group of kids. but this 'regular season' game has far more ink than if we won several fcs championships in a row.

happy day for the hilltoppers.

Question for WKU fans ? - CyrusJS - 11-28-2014 11:05 PM

Our best "win" for sure. But beating UK in 2012 really propelled our program & fanbase forward. Made WKU football legit, in a sense, for the first time. That was the best win for our young FBS program. But as far as our best "win," it's definitely Marshall.

RE: Question for WKU fans ? - WKUFan518 - 11-28-2014 11:17 PM

Best win ever, no doubt! UK wins were great, but its UK football..IAA National Championship was awesome but as our admin. learned at the time, hardly anyone nationally cared...That started our movement to FBS...

If you told me in 2010 we would beat a ranked opponent on their home field, I would have told you were crazy...We were left for dead as football program twice in a span of 15 years and almost similar to UAB had program cut in 1992....To get a win like this is just unreal for our program and also four straight 7 win seasons, not many FBS programs can claim that...Also even more amazing, did it with 3 different coaches.....This is a win I will tell my grand kids about someday!

RE: Question for WKU fans ? - Kingkong13 - 11-28-2014 11:27 PM

I only saw the 4th quarter but I can tell ya. That game was fantastic to watch and good for CUSA as entertainment value goes. Yeah, It may have cost us some cash and a major bowl but there were a lot of football fans tuning in to see.

Side Note: yeah beating a ranked team on tv is huge but beating an instate SEC school is always bigger. Tech beating Bama twice is bigger to the folks in Ruston than any of the Ranked Fresno wins we have.

RE: Question for WKU fans ? - Hilltopper2K - 11-29-2014 08:33 PM

(11-28-2014 11:27 PM)Kingkong13 Wrote:  Side Note: yeah beating a ranked team on tv is huge but beating an instate SEC school is always bigger. Tech beating Bama twice is bigger to the folks in Ruston than any of the Ranked Fresno wins we have.

This is a VERY good point. UK is not Alabama (by a long shot) but we beat them two years in a row and we are getting in state recruits that would not have previously given us the time of day.

RE: Question for WKU fans ? - Cscollis - 11-29-2014 08:55 PM

Tech beat Bama in the same year they won the SEC. The biggest tech win was 1990 Colorado state to get a bowl when there were only 18 bowl games.

Congrats WKU, great win but I'm a little pissed cause I wanted tech to expose them

RE: Question for WKU fans ? - Kingkong13 - 11-29-2014 08:58 PM

If Tech beat a 2-8 LSU and got to go to a bowl that year it wouldn't even be close. Beating an in state powerhouse silences that group of a-holes in your office that always tells you that you should have gone to a real school.

Question for WKU fans ? - galojah - 11-30-2014 08:49 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, this was our biggest win. Maybe not the most emotional (the two KY wins), but on paper, biggest win since going FBS.

RE: Question for WKU fans ? - Franko - 11-30-2014 09:54 AM

(11-30-2014 08:49 AM)galojah Wrote:  I don't know about anyone else, but for me, this was our biggest win. Maybe not the most emotional (the two KY wins), but on paper, biggest win since going FBS.
I agree. Anytime you beat the kitty cats in anything is awesome because their fans, not all of course but most, and admin are always so smug.
Winning the 1AA title was great but the publicity compared with beating a Top 25 FBS team is not even close.
The Marshall game was all over the sports world and message boards and was being talked about quite a bit.