CSNbbs
Memphis Crowd - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Memphis Crowd (/thread-714995.html)

Memphis Crowd - Hoots - 11-25-2014 06:28 PM

What's with all the empty seats, especially behind the Tigers bench? I get that PV was the opponent, and that it should be a huge Tigers win, which it was. Still, this fan base is very fickle. Very quick to criticize, and very slow to give credit where it's due. This is a new team, and a new era. How difficult is it to get behind this team and go balls to the wall--every night?????

You just don't see this with the top-notch programs across the country.

GO TIGERS!!!

RE: Memphis Crowd - 2tigers - 11-25-2014 06:37 PM

(11-25-2014 06:28 PM)Hoots Wrote:  What's with all the empty seats, especially behind the Tigers bench? I get that PV was the opponent, and that it should be a huge Tigers win, which it was. Still, this fan base is very fickle. Very quick to criticize, and very slow to give credit where it's due. This is a new team, and a new era. How difficult is it to get behind this team and go balls to the wall--every night?????

GO TIGERS!!!

Criticize is what they do best. Fan support not so good. But Fan support, I think will get better but this board will always the best at being the first to criticize. To many want-a-be coaches.

RE: Memphis Crowd - Atlanta - 11-25-2014 07:29 PM

(11-25-2014 06:28 PM)Hoots Wrote:  What's with all the empty seats, especially behind the Tigers bench? I get that PV was the opponent, and that it should be a huge Tigers win, which it was. Still, this fan base is very fickle. Very quick to criticize, and very slow to give credit where it's due. This is a new team, and a new era. How difficult is it to get behind this team and go balls to the wall--every night?????

GO TIGERS!!!

Have you been to Pauley Pavilion where UCLA plays? Their record attendance is 13,727. That said, the arena is seldom full. Just an example that it's not a given that every "top-notch" program plays in front of a full house every game. A few do & Memphis has been one of the top programs in the nation from an attendance prospective. No doubt winning big against top opponents helps attendance but Memphians love BB & they attend the games, especially when they play quality opponents - but PV not being a quality opponent that would draw high level interest.

I have consistently contended that our university's practice of scheduling cupcakes during the early home OOC schedule will eventually lead to lower attendance for those cupcakes - especially in years when the team is perceived to be less competitive (& when we lose some of those, attendance throughout the season will be down on average). This is likely one of those years & not unlike some other "top-notch" programs in terms of the effect on attendance.

RE: Memphis Crowd - dan o - 11-25-2014 08:13 PM

For me, the bloated attendance figures are intentionally misleading.

Sure, lots of places do the same, but be different and be honest and open.

If its 9,000, don't say 14,000.

RE: Memphis Crowd - BinghamptonNed - 11-25-2014 08:23 PM

GO TIGERS!!!

not true at all,

just goes to show that some think that everything not great here is unique 03-zzz

RE: Memphis Crowd - UofMemphis - 11-25-2014 09:03 PM

GO TIGERS!!!

Why don't you drag your butt to a few games?

RE: Memphis Crowd - tigerlands - 11-25-2014 09:07 PM

GO TIGERS!!!

Oh yes you do. Most arenas are not sold out for games at any school with a large place. Small to medium arenas (Duke) always are packed because they are under sized.

RE: Memphis Crowd - juggoman - 11-25-2014 09:40 PM

Memphis is now officially a "football school"!

RE: Memphis Crowd - BigTigerMike - 11-25-2014 09:45 PM

(11-25-2014 09:40 PM)juggoman Wrote:  Memphis is now officially a "football school"!

If that was true then we should have had a little over 40,000 at that game on Saturday

RE: Memphis Crowd - juggoman - 11-25-2014 09:48 PM

(11-25-2014 09:45 PM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  
(11-25-2014 09:40 PM)juggoman Wrote:  Memphis is now officially a "football school"!

If that was true then we should have had a little over 40,000 at that game on Saturday

It takes a little while for the masses to believe. Those of us who have been there through thick and thin, know this to be the new paradigm.

RE: Memphis Crowd - Tgrrfan - 11-25-2014 10:07 PM

GO TIGERS!!!

What? WHAT?!?

Don't post ignorance and/or lies.

EVERYBODY posts seats sold

RE: Memphis Crowd - Tgrrfan - 11-25-2014 10:09 PM

(11-25-2014 09:48 PM)juggoman Wrote:  
(11-25-2014 09:45 PM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  

It takes a little while for the masses to believe. Those of us who have been there through thick and thin, know this to be the new paradigm.

quaint

RE: Memphis Crowd - Dak10 - 11-25-2014 10:39 PM

I went to two Grizz games and a Tigers football game in the three previous nights. Needed a night off.

RE: Memphis Crowd - memphistiger001 - 11-25-2014 10:56 PM

GO TIGERS!!!

Memphis has a small core of fans that support the teams win or lose. The remaining sector of fans want to ride on the shirt-tails of something great but don't want to contribute to make it great.

RE: Memphis Crowd - tweetmartin - 11-25-2014 11:59 PM

Arkansas drew an announced crowd of 4500 for their first game this year.

RE: Memphis Crowd - Tanyaskees - 11-26-2014 09:01 AM

I just love when someone sits on their ass hundreds of miles away and criticizes the attendance. And before you ask, yes...I was there.

RE: Memphis Crowd - tiger2000 - 11-26-2014 09:37 AM

(11-26-2014 09:01 AM)Tanyaskees Wrote:  I just love when someone sits on their ass hundreds of miles away and criticizes the attendance. And before you ask, yes...I was there.

Seems to be a lot of that around here.

RE: Memphis Crowd - CKMcDan - 11-26-2014 09:58 AM

(11-25-2014 08:13 PM)dan o Wrote:  For me, the bloated attendance figures are intentionally misleading.

Sure, lots of places do the same, but be different and be honest and open.

If its 9,000, don't say 14,000.

I'll go for that as long as we get the actual BIS (butts in seats) for everyone's game, not just the Tigers' games. What has happened in the past is that the local media has reported the actual attendance for Tiger games, and then reported "tickets sold or distributed" for other school's games.

I saw highlights from one of Tennessee's exhibition games on TV a couple of weeks ago - TB Arena was empty, but the announced attendance was 13,500.

RE: Memphis Crowd - Stammers - 11-26-2014 10:26 AM

GO TIGERS!!!

Another guy who has no idea if what he just posted is true, or not true.

RE: Memphis Crowd - Gray Avenger - 11-26-2014 10:34 AM

(11-25-2014 06:28 PM)Hoots Wrote:  What's with all the empty seats......

Lack of pride.