CSNbbs
Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 (/thread-714952.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - Tigers2B1 - 11-25-2014 01:46 PM

ESPN's College TV markets ->

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/11/24/espn-alabama-auburn-cbs-sec-ole-miss-mississippi-state?page=2&devicetype=default

...The 12th member of the conference should be the University of Memphis. This seems like a total wild card, but it actually makes a lot of sense. The logistics are there; Memphis is a decent sized media market (50th) and is another university closer to West Virginia than any other current members at 743 miles, which isn’t much, but it’s an improvement nonetheless.

Memphis wouldn’t add a whole lot to the conference immediately from a football standpoint, but it would expand the Big 12’s presence into SEC territory, which is important for recruiting high school athletes to play in the conference. Memphis would be a great basketball addition to the conference, as its program obtains consistent success.

With the added revenue of a conference championship game and the potential added revenue and prestige that come with making the college football playoff, the Big 12 would be foolish to not add two teams. Given their location, media markets and athletic contributions, Cincinnati and Memphis should be added to the Big 12 sooner rather than later.

Article link ->

http://www.dailytoreador.com/opinion/opinion-jacobson-big-should-expand-to-teams/article_67614620-7458-11e4-b6a9-7b6fe33a6e66.html

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - mtmedlin - 11-25-2014 01:53 PM

Ive always thought that Memphis would be a great Addition. Memphis and Cinic would be a solid combo. The location is nearly perfect, bball would be a great addition. (who doesnt want to see Kansas vs Memphis each year) and with the football team improving, I dont doubt that this gets more coverage.

The truth is, with Big 12 type money, that stadium could be upgraded and made to be pretty nice.

Ive said all along (about to piss off the ECU fans) that the best move for the B12 is to take 4. Cinci, Memphis, USF and UCF. Long term, I think Texas may decide to leave and go to the Pac12. If/When that happens Ok, OKst and Tech will also leave meaning the conference will be down 4. Adding four now will allow rivalry to build over the next decade and help the B12 remain a solid conference.

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - TigerSeth - 11-25-2014 01:57 PM

sigh

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - mlb - 11-25-2014 02:01 PM

Hilarious. Posting an opinion piece from some tiny town in the middle of nowhere Texas.

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - panicstricken - 11-25-2014 02:13 PM

Memphis booster I know says Tboone is trying to get Mumphis into Big 12

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - blunderbuss - 11-25-2014 02:13 PM

(11-25-2014 02:01 PM)mlb Wrote:  Hilarious. Posting an opinion piece from some tiny town in the middle of nowhere Texas.

Do you expect anything else from this 03-troll?

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - UofMemphis - 11-25-2014 02:19 PM

don't take the bait...

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - Tigers2B1 - 11-25-2014 02:25 PM

Also a nice discussion of this on the Memphis Board ->

http://csnbbs.com/thread-714921-page-5.html

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - TripleA - 11-25-2014 02:33 PM

(11-25-2014 02:01 PM)mlb Wrote:  Hilarious. Posting an opinion piece from some tiny town in the middle of nowhere Texas.

You realize he said UC would be #11, right? 03-lmfao

But you're right, it's just an opinion.

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - EarthBoundMisfit - 11-25-2014 02:34 PM

haters gonna hate

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - Kruciff - 11-25-2014 02:38 PM

First winning since '08 and the Memphis to the BXII posts already begin.

At least it wasn't based solely on preseason / early season hype like the occasional ECU to the BXII posts.

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - MWC Tex - 11-25-2014 02:42 PM

While its an opinion, I do think Memphis and Cincy would be good all around adds for the Big 12. While, football is king, they also bring great basketball that will add to the revenue pile with additional NCAA tourney credits and TV.

Regardless, The Big 12 really only has AAC schools for its options to expand. So the question that I'd like to know is does the AAC stand pat at 10 for football or do you raid CUSA again?

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - EarthBoundMisfit - 11-25-2014 02:43 PM

(11-25-2014 02:38 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  First winning since '08 and the Memphis to the BXII posts already begin.

At least it wasn't based solely on preseason / early season hype like the occasional ECU to the BXII posts.

No way to substantiate it on my part, but T Boone Pickens has mentioned us.
While not a sure thing by any means, where there is smoke, a fire is usually close by.
IF the Big12 gets shut out of the playoff picture....the ball will get rolling.
It will get interesting to see how it all plays out.

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - BearcatMan - 11-25-2014 02:48 PM

(11-25-2014 02:43 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  
(11-25-2014 02:38 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  First winning since '08 and the Memphis to the BXII posts already begin.

While not a sure thing by any means, where there is smoke, a fire is usually close by.

About every UC fan has asphyxiated from all the smoke surrounding us the last four years...the only thing that will change it is if we can prove that we will increase their revenue, or if we agree to take next to nothing to start (maybe Memphis and Cincinnati split the revenue from the CCG only for the first 5 years).

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - Lord2FLI - 11-25-2014 02:55 PM

About as logical as a school a thousand miles away getting in because they won a bowl game.

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - FrancisDrake - 11-25-2014 03:01 PM

I think Memphis and Cincinnati as #11 and #12 are the perfect move for the Big12. Selfishly I want ECU to be in the mix, but as I've mentioned before in other threads Memphis has a huge upside.

Re: RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - shere khan - 11-25-2014 03:03 PM

Nah man we going SEC just sweetening the deal with big 12 talk

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - EarthBoundMisfit - 11-25-2014 03:04 PM

(11-25-2014 02:48 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(11-25-2014 02:43 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  

About every UC fan has asphyxiated from all the smoke surrounding us the last four years...the only thing that will change it is if we can prove that we will increase their revenue, or if we agree to take next to nothing to start (maybe Memphis and Cincinnati split the revenue from the CCG only for the first 5 years).

sounds about right.
Not to mention attendance at both schools would increase dramatically with the likes of Baylor, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State coming in.
I think Memphis would drop record-wise until it could adjust to the level of recruiting in the Big 12....not so sure that would happen to Cincy as bad.
I know yalls defense hasn't been great shakes this year...but Tuberville will get that fixed.

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - gotigers1 - 11-25-2014 04:23 PM

(11-25-2014 03:03 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Nah man we going SEC just sweetening the deal with big 12 talk

It's gotta happen on a Tuesday though

RE: Memphis #3 ranked college market / Article - Memphis & the Big 12 - BigHouston - 11-25-2014 05:34 PM

(11-25-2014 02:42 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  While its an opinion, I do think Memphis and Cincy would be good all around adds for the Big 12. While, football is king, they also bring great basketball that will add to the revenue pile with additional NCAA tourney credits and TV.

Regardless, The Big 12 really only has AAC schools for its options to expand. So the question that I'd like to know is does the AAC stand pat at 10 for football or do you raid CUSA again?

If only two are gone, I like for the AAC to remain at 10