CSNbbs
Freddie Jackson - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+----- Thread: Freddie Jackson (/thread-714775.html)

Freddie Jackson - 82hawk - 11-24-2014 04:50 PM

I could not be happier for Freddie.

Let's not forget, he was recruited to VCU. It is now apparent what they saw in him. The Keatts system simply fits his game, and watching him just play ball does my soul good.

He's averaging 16.7 ppg, 6.3 reb., shooting .548 from the field, and 1.7 assists. Last year he was at 7.3ppg, 2.8 rebs, and .418 from the field.

Yes, this is only 3 games and those numbers will likely go lower. But, it is obvious that this style of play suits his game perfectly. Glad to see him ending his career on this note.

RE: Freddie Jackson - 70shawk - 11-24-2014 08:06 PM

The old joke was that the only guy who could hold Michael Jordon to under 20 points a game as Dean Smith.

Maybe the only guy who could hold Freddie to under 20 was his protege, Buzz Peterson?

(Seriously, who knows? But I think it's great that Jackson is being turned loose on the offensive side. I'm suspecting that players knowing that Keatts won't pull them out of a game if they miss a shot, or if he doesn't like their shot selection, is playing a bigger role in this offensive production and - admittedly early - dramatically better statistical performance than we might realize. It's amazing what you can do when you're not always looking over your shoulder and being second-guessed)

RE: Freddie Jackson - billthebighawksfan - 11-24-2014 09:03 PM

Three words come to mind..."The Peoples Champ". Freddie is perfect for this team. I REALLY hope that he stays healthy and doesn't get hurt because he is vital as is all of the other seniors/upperclassmen.

RE: Freddie Jackson - Tommy Teke - 11-25-2014 07:54 AM

Couldn"t be prouder. Great to see Freddie getting off to a awesome senior season !!!