CSNbbs
2007 BE bowl games - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Smack Talk (/forum-423.html)
+----- Thread: 2007 BE bowl games (/thread-71471.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

2007 BE bowl games - TIGER-PAUL - 01-15-2007 08:38 PM

BE + ND..

BCS
Gator or Sun
Meineke
Toronto
Birmingham

I think

Cusa goes to the Texas bowl this yr

Re: 2007 BE bowl games - TexanMark - 01-15-2007 10:06 PM

TIGER-PAUL Wrote:BE + ND..

BCS
Gator or Sun
Meineke
Toronto
Birmingham

I think

Do we still have a backdoor into the Motor City Bowl?

- TIGER-PAUL - 01-16-2007 06:46 AM

no agreement with the motor city this contract

- SoCalPanther - 01-16-2007 08:32 AM

IF the Irish slide this year outside the Top-15 of the BCS, that means you could have the 2nd place team that is top-15 BCS in the Meineke bowl and only the top 4 teams make a bowl. Ouch. These bowl agreements are going to suck for a few more years.

- mattsarz - 01-16-2007 11:28 AM

The rule is that Notre Dame can only be picked ahead of Big East teams that have one more win than ND, right? For example, ND wins seven and gets bowl eligible and Rutgers and Pitt win 8, USF win 9, UofL & WVU win 10. USF, UofL and WVU must be selected before ND gets into the discussion.

- TIGER-PAUL - 01-16-2007 05:22 PM

Don't believe the one win ND rule applies this time either. They do have some agreement with the cotton bowl but I forget what it was.

- cardtopper - 01-16-2007 05:25 PM

I remember back in it's hayday the Cotton Bowl was a big deal. What happened? not being chosen for a BCS bowl must have made it slide off the map.

- Tallgrass - 01-18-2007 09:32 PM

The Cotton Bowl will probably move to Jerry's world in the new domed stadium for his Dallas Cowboys. It appears the cost of maintenance of the Cotton Bowl is more than paying the rent for using Jerry's domed stadium. In addition, needed updates (rusting plumbing, bathrooms, etc) are estimated at $50,000,000. The story is posted on front of the Dallas Morning News Sports page in the college section. The BE should try to make an attempt to get this bowl as the Big 12 is displeased about half the time with the team provided by SEC. In addition, two SEC bowls cannot be played at the same time so the Cotton Bowl starts at 11AM. For these two reasons, I think, if the BE tried, you guys might have a good shot at getting the Cotton Bowl spots. The Big 12 and the city of Dallas want to make it a BCS bowl, perhaps the fifth BCS Bowl.

Re: 2007 BE bowl games - goodknightfl - 01-18-2007 10:19 PM

BCS
Gator or Sun
Meineke
Toronto
Birmingham

I think

most years 5 bowls will be ok for BE. if U need a 6th and the team is over 500... likely will be an at large somewhere.

- mattsarz - 01-18-2007 11:19 PM

TIGER-PAUL Wrote:Don't believe the one win ND rule applies this time either. They do have some agreement with the cotton bowl but I forget what it was.

The agreement with the Cotton allows ND to be selected in place of an SEC team. The agreement has been in place at least since 2000 and the Cotton has yet to select ND.

- TIGER-PAUL - 01-19-2007 06:39 AM

I guess it would have to be more like ND selecting the cotton

Re: 2007 BE bowl games - TexanMark - 01-19-2007 10:48 AM

goodknightfl Wrote:

BCS
Gator or Sun
Meineke
Toronto
Birmingham

I think

most years 5 bowls will be ok for BE. if U need a 6th and the team is over 500... likely will be an at large somewhere.

Shortsighted--you forget about the Notre Dame factor. The big East should qualify 6 teams a year--particularily looking at some of the pathetic OOC schedules of fellow members.

We really need 6 solid bowls and the that 6th one should be in Tampa/St Pete.

Look For A Tampa/SP Bowl To Start In 2008 - Krocker Krapp - 01-20-2007 08:30 AM

Hopefully something about adding a Tampa/SP Bowl will be announced in the summer or maybe next fall. It would then have to be formally approved at the NCAA Committee meeting in April of 2008 to be ready to go in December of 2008. This upcoming season, 2007, is not likely, but the following season is looking good now as long as everything falls into place, from what I have been told.

- CardFANATIC - 01-20-2007 02:33 PM

if it's true about the tx. bowl going to cusa this year you could theoretically have the big east #2 going to the International bowl. ND taking the gator/sun and Navy taking the Meineke...

- TIGER-PAUL - 01-20-2007 02:37 PM

no, navy only had tie in for 06 at meineke

- TopCoog - 01-20-2007 03:06 PM

Tallgrass Wrote:The Cotton Bowl will probably move to Jerry's world in the new domed stadium for his Dallas Cowboys. It appears the cost of maintenance of the Cotton Bowl is more than paying the rent for using Jerry's domed stadium. In addition, needed updates (rusting plumbing, bathrooms, etc) are estimated at $50,000,000. The story is posted on front of the Dallas Morning News Sports page in the college section. The BE should try to make an attempt to get this bowl as the Big 12 is displeased about half the time with the team provided by SEC. In addition, two SEC bowls cannot be played at the same time so the Cotton Bowl starts at 11AM. For these two reasons, I think, if the BE tried, you guys might have a good shot at getting the Cotton Bowl spots. The Big 12 and the city of Dallas want to make it a BCS bowl, perhaps the fifth BCS Bowl.

Yeah, no question that the new stadium will make the Cotton Bowl a BCS bowl. Look for the MWC to get an autobid when that happens and host the Fiesta bowl with the B 12 moving to Jerry's World and the BCS Cotton bowl.

- CatsClaw - 01-20-2007 04:44 PM

TopCoog Wrote:
Tallgrass Wrote:The Cotton Bowl will probably move to Jerry's world in the new domed stadium for his Dallas Cowboys. It appears the cost of maintenance of the Cotton Bowl is more than paying the rent for using Jerry's domed stadium. In addition, needed updates (rusting plumbing, bathrooms, etc) are estimated at $50,000,000. The story is posted on front of the Dallas Morning News Sports page in the college section. The BE should try to make an attempt to get this bowl as the Big 12 is displeased about half the time with the team provided by SEC. In addition, two SEC bowls cannot be played at the same time so the Cotton Bowl starts at 11AM. For these two reasons, I think, if the BE tried, you guys might have a good shot at getting the Cotton Bowl spots. The Big 12 and the city of Dallas want to make it a BCS bowl, perhaps the fifth BCS Bowl.

Yeah, no question that the new stadium will make the Cotton Bowl a BCS bowl. Look for the MWC to get an autobid when that happens and host the Fiesta bowl with the B 12 moving to Jerry's World and the BCS Cotton bowl.

Why would we look for the MWC to get an automatic BCS bid when they're not meeting BCS requirements!?

- TopCoog - 01-20-2007 05:31 PM

CatsClaw Wrote:
TopCoog Wrote:

Why would we look for the MWC to get an automatic BCS bid when they're not meeting BCS requirements!?

because the BCS is going to add another league and they'll be the likely one added. BCS Commish, "Look for us to be inclusive in the furture, not exclusive. I can see us going to seven but not beyond that in the near furture."

They can add Boise St and fresno if the need to and with TCU and the others be as good as most leagues, including the Big East. Utah is solid, as is BYU and Colorado State most years.

Only In Their Dreams - Krocker Krapp - 01-20-2007 06:05 PM

TopCoog Wrote:
CatsClaw Wrote:
TopCoog Wrote:
because the BCS is going to add another league and they'll be the likely one added. BCS Commish, "Look for us to be inclusive in the furture, not exclusive. I can see us going to seven but not beyond that in the near furture."

They can add Boise St and fresno if the need to and with TCU and the others be as good as most leagues, including the Big East. Utah is solid, as is BYU and Colorado State most years.
You still have not answered the question. The BCS is not going to suddenly start being inclusive for the sake of being inclusive. The MWC has to earn their way in. They have not done that and it will be almost impossible for them to make up all the missing ground in one season.

The BCS will conduct a review of conference performances from 2004-2007 in January of 2008. The review will cover all schools that are members of their leagues during the 2007 season, according to the BCS website, so the MWC is limited to their current set of nine members.

- TIGER-PAUL - 01-20-2007 09:38 PM

It's a nice fantasy, but I would shoot for the top 12 thing.