CSNbbs
The final drive.... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: The final drive.... (/thread-714529.html)

The final drive.... - TheGORILLA - 11-23-2014 02:50 PM

That was the gutsiest performance I have seen in years. How many first downs did they get? How many fourth downs did they convert? Three minutes seemed like an eternity, down by five with a chance to win. I was hoping, I was praying, that they would score. Tears were in my eyes the whole way. That is how emotionally attached I am to UAB Athletics after all these years, especially since all of what has occurred in the past few weeks. More tears came when I saw how exhausted Howard was on third down. When time out was called on fourth down, my eyes were focused on Howard as he neared the sidelines and threw up. I cried out loud seeing that. The offensive line was every bit as winded as he was. Several plays, during that series, they literally gang pushed him for that extra yard. You've got to hand it to them, gents. They played their hearts out. Two fluke plays prevented them from defeating Marshall by a sound margin. What a game!

RE: The final drive.... - anubus - 11-23-2014 03:10 PM

(11-23-2014 02:50 PM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  That was the gutsiest performance I have seen in years. How many first downs did they get? How many fourth downs did they convert? Three minutes seemed like an eternity, down by five with a chance to win. I was hoping, I was praying, that they would score. Tears were in my eyes the whole way. That is how emotionally attached I am to UAB Athletics after all these years, especially since all of what has occurred in the past few weeks. More tears came when I saw how exhausted Howard was on third down. When time out was called on fourth down, my eyes were focused on Howard as he neared the sidelines and threw up. I cried out loud seeing that. The offensive line was every bit as winded as he was. Several plays, during that series, they literally gang pushed him for that extra yard. You've got to hand it to them, gents. They played their hearts out. Two fluke plays prevented them from defeating Marshall by a sound margin. What a game!

This is what a real college football game should be-fighting to the end,giving all you got. This game was better than any SEC game that was played yesterday.

RE: The final drive.... - FNblazer - 11-23-2014 03:24 PM

I refused to believe it was over when Howard got stopped. I still believe.

RE: The final drive.... - demiveeman - 11-23-2014 05:25 PM

(11-23-2014 03:24 PM)FNblazer Wrote:  I refused to believe it was over when Howard got stopped. I still believe.

Shame they weren't reviewing the third down play when he was stopped so we could do it over.

RE: The final drive.... - blzrclub80 - 11-23-2014 06:10 PM

I BELIEVE in UAB Football! 28,355 crowd. Undefeated, 50+ point per game foe. Program under fire by persons apparently untouchable. Everything on the line. Multiple 4th down and short plays under 3 minutes left on the clock and down by 5. The impossible was possible until a last 4th and short on the foe's 10 yard line with 1:30 left on the clock. The almost perfect end to the day ended another way. The undefeated foe remained undefeated. But, we saw what a UAB football game should be. UAB was founded by people who dreamed big dreams. The UAB football program was formed by people who dreamed big dreams. Why, at this time, should we not dream big dreams! To dream otherwise would be contrary to our heritage. To not dream would cause us to lose the vision of our ancestors and to slip into the pathetic existence of "maybe we could have", "maybe we should have"or "maybe if we had done". No Maybe for UAB Football!

RE: The final drive.... - Matrix - 11-24-2014 01:28 PM

(11-23-2014 02:50 PM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  That was the gutsiest performance I have seen in years. How many first downs did they get? How many fourth downs did they convert? Three minutes seemed like an eternity, down by five with a chance to win. I was hoping, I was praying, that they would score. Tears were in my eyes the whole way. That is how emotionally attached I am to UAB Athletics after all these years, especially since all of what has occurred in the past few weeks. More tears came when I saw how exhausted Howard was on third down. When time out was called on fourth down, my eyes were focused on Howard as he neared the sidelines and threw up. I cried out loud seeing that. The offensive line was every bit as winded as he was. Several plays, during that series, they literally gang pushed him for that extra yard. You've got to hand it to them, gents. They played their hearts out. Two fluke plays prevented them from defeating Marshall by a sound margin. What a game!

+1 Great post...Pretty much sums up the overall vibe of the fans in attendance, I was right in the midst of it, and the looks on many a face I saw during and after the game was like no other UAB "home" game I'd ever seen...Can only imagine what it will be like at Southern Miss this Saturday...#OccupyHattiesburg