CSNbbs
Kent State vs. Yale - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: Kent State vs. Yale (/thread-714456.html)

Pages: 1 2

Kent State vs. Yale - fallsdog - 11-23-2014 09:41 AM

The Flashes finish up the Men Against Breast Cancer Classic against the 3-1 Yale Bulldogs this afternoon at the MAC Center. Stats and matchups are always fun to break down but this game could turn into a battle of attrition. Both teams have notched two decent wins in the last two nights with players piling on big minutes.

Yale's leading scorer, 6'8 forward Justin Simms has logged 68 minutes in the last two nights and 6'4 senior Javier Duren has played 63 minutes. While no Golden Flash has hit the 30 minute mark in either win, Kris Brewer, Derek Jackson and Jimmy Hall have all played nearly 50 minutes in the last two nights.

Yale seems to prefer to slow it down and that may help them this afternoon. Hopefully the Flashes will dig deep and worry about rest for the next five days. A 3-0 mark for this tournament would sure be nice.

Kent State 61
Yale 57
KT serves up 6 assists, Spicer is the beneficiary with 15 points

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - luckyflash - 11-23-2014 10:25 AM

our depth should be to our advantage. just got to keep making shots, the D will be there.

GO FLASHES!!!!!!!!

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - axeme - 11-23-2014 02:00 PM

Looks like the video is actually working today. Been watching some of the SIU-UIC game which SIU is dominating at the half.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - fallsdog - 11-23-2014 05:05 PM

hmmm. maybe I will try that. but if it starts buffering its back to whlo website. great game by the way.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - fallsdog - 11-23-2014 05:11 PM

except that every now and then the lame graphics get in the way.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - anti-zip - 11-23-2014 06:08 PM

That no call on Brewer's lay up attempt with around 30 seconds to go and us down 1 was a truly pathetic display of officiating. Especially when you consider that they were blowing their whistles on literally everything both ways. I had a perfect angle to see the play, he was hip checked hard and it very clearly affected the angle with which he took the shot. I suppose I shouldn't have expected any better from those refs though. They were truly horrible, both ways.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - AlphaFlash - 11-23-2014 07:17 PM

Are we still fine and smelling pretty roses?

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - GFlash68 - 11-23-2014 07:27 PM

(11-23-2014 07:17 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  Are we still fine and smelling pretty roses?

Actually, I am. The best two teams played the last game and I am not sure that the best team won. I did not expect to go undefeated this year, so we might as well see how well this team can recover from a hard loss right now. We still have the possibility to have our best team in years. The season is young.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - dannyb73 - 11-23-2014 07:27 PM

(11-23-2014 07:17 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  Are we still fine and smelling pretty roses?

If we aren't fine being 4-1 you probably have expectations that cannot be met.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - AlphaFlash - 11-23-2014 08:23 PM

(11-23-2014 07:27 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  

It's not the record that concerns me, but the competition we're playing, and not playing well against.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - luckyflash - 11-23-2014 09:14 PM

Don't underestimate Yale, they are a good team, well coached and will probably push Harvard for Ivy title. we blew out the two teams we should have Fri and Sat. Malone was a aberration and YSU is always a dog fight. We will be fine and will keep improving . What I really like is the D has really improved this year.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - dannyb73 - 11-23-2014 09:35 PM

(11-23-2014 08:23 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  

It's not the record that concerns me, but the competition we're playing, and not playing well against.

We played pretty well on Friday and Saturday. You can toss out Malone. Who knows if we even scouted them or how much we prepared. No big deal there. Yale isn't terrible and we played 20 good minutes today before just running out of steam in the 2nd half. I believe we are fine.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - anti-zip - 11-23-2014 11:55 PM

So far I've been happy with what I've seen. We look like a team that could be a factor in the MAC. Of course, we started out well last year too but didn't get better as the season went on. As always, how the team progresses will ultimately decide how far they go. My biggest concern thus far has been free throw shooting.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - ksu315 - 11-24-2014 08:41 AM

(11-23-2014 09:35 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  
(11-23-2014 08:23 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  

We played pretty well on Friday and Saturday. You can toss out Malone. Who knows if we even scouted them or how much we prepared. No big deal there. Yale isn't terrible and we played 20 good minutes today before just running out of steam in the 2nd half. I believe we are fine.

The end must be near as the Browns are 7-4 and in the playoff hunt and I agreeing with Danny.

This team isn't going to be an alltime kent team but we will be in the mix and certainly better than last year. id say 11-7/10-8 in MAC but in the hunt. Its early but by all accounts the conference appears to be deep this year and outside of Toledo a lot of teams 2-10 that can make a run. We I think will be in that mix.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - fallsdog - 11-24-2014 12:49 PM

I would certainly hate to think that anyone here is waiting for Kent State to fail and then take on the "I told you so" roll. Especially after 5 games.

There are two realities that you can't ignore, no matter how you perceive this team's performance thus far. First, and most important, The Golden Flashes are 4-1. Also, Kent State has found a sophomore post player who is averaging 16 points and 7 rebounds per contest.

Jimmy Hall's presence alone seems to set this team apart from last year's squad. Melvin Tabb, Mark Henniger and Darren Goodson did not compliment each other and their presence obviously did not help Spicer develop as a player. Now, I think he had to play Tabb and Goodson last year or Kent State would have been completely annihilated in the post. But back to this year...

Now its Spicer's turn. Remember, we are talking about a legitimate 6'9 post player that was "getting interest" (for what that is worth) from Big Ten programs. He is a junior which I think is a big measuring stick year for a post. To think that he has a 6'7 post with basketball IQ AND athleticism starting next to him....I am very curious to see how this plays out. If you are still thinking about the exhibition basketball game against Malone.....you've got 99 problems.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - burden - 11-24-2014 04:51 PM

You can't look at records or schedule this time of year as the sample size isn't big enough. You have to use the eye test. Heck Akron has beaten Southern Cal and South Carolina but who knows how good those teams will be this year. Malone was a stinker but other than that they have looked pretty good. In spite of Hall I still think they are weak in the post. No where near as bad as last year but still vulnerable. The big from UIC showed that. There is still a strong reliance on threes and that causes some bad games. Overall they should be better than last year but too early to know how much better.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - axeme - 12-05-2014 09:07 PM

Yale just hit a last second 3 and won at UConn 45-44.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - dannyb73 - 12-05-2014 09:24 PM

(12-05-2014 09:07 PM)axeme Wrote:  Yale just hit a last second 3 and won at UConn 45-44.

Don't say that. Now people would have a reason to assume that isn't such a bad loss.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - burden - 12-05-2014 10:16 PM

Connecticut is only 3-3. Beat Bryant, charleston and Dayton by 9/10 at home. Lost to Texas, West Virginia and now Yale. They are tied for the worst non- conference record in the American. It's early but they might not be the normal Connecticut. It's still early.

RE: Kent State vs. Yale - dannyb73 - 12-05-2014 10:28 PM

(12-05-2014 10:16 PM)burden Wrote:  Connecticut is only 3-3. Beat Bryant, charleston and Dayton by 9/10 at home. Lost to Texas, West Virginia and now Yale. They are tied for the worst non- conference record in the American. It's early but they might not be the normal Connecticut. It's still early.

Regardless of the "normal" UCONN or not, they are the defending NCAA CHAMPIONS and it is an absolutely monster win for Yale.