CSNbbs
Tuscaloosa Mayor gives UAB shout-out on Fox 6 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Tuscaloosa Mayor gives UAB shout-out on Fox 6 (/thread-714014.html)

Tuscaloosa Mayor gives UAB shout-out on Fox 6 - CourtsideBlazer - 11-21-2014 09:51 AM

About 7:30 this morning, Tuscaloosa Mayor Walt Maddox did a live segment on Fox 6 (about their new ice rink in Tuscaloosa) and made a point to include a nice plug for UAB football including a testimonial about what it meant to him to be a Blazer! Expect to see it on Fox 6 news @ Noon

RE: Tuscaloosa Mayor gives UAB shout-out on Fox 6 - UAB Band Dad - 11-21-2014 09:52 AM

Yeah, I saw that too. Thank you Walt!

RE: Tuscaloosa Mayor gives UAB shout-out on Fox 6 - Matrix - 11-21-2014 10:01 AM

He did what?!! Damn! Hope the windows at his home are shatter-proof! Thanks, Mayor Maddox!

RE: Tuscaloosa Mayor gives UAB shout-out on Fox 6 - linus - 11-21-2014 10:25 AM

Walt is a standup guy with brass balls

RE: Tuscaloosa Mayor gives UAB shout-out on Fox 6 - KevMo4UAB - 11-21-2014 10:28 AM

The irony of this is off the charts! Life is indeed stranger than fiction.

RE: Tuscaloosa Mayor gives UAB shout-out on Fox 6 - UAB Band Dad - 11-21-2014 10:30 AM

Walt looked confident, and he spoke out in no uncertain terms for UAB football. He looked happy to do it, in fact.

Good for you, sir.

RE: Tuscaloosa Mayor gives UAB shout-out on Fox 6 - nicknitro19 - 11-21-2014 10:31 AM

Other than a very outspoken minority the majority of Alabama fans would like to see UAB succeed in football. The problem is that part of that minority controls the Board of Trustees.

RE: Tuscaloosa Mayor gives UAB shout-out on Fox 6 - the Dragon - 11-21-2014 10:39 AM

(11-21-2014 10:31 AM)nicknitro19 Wrote:  Other than a very outspoken minority the majority of Alabama fans would like to see UAB succeed in football. The problem is that part of that minority controls the Board of Trustees.

Yeah, I have to say A LOT of Bama fans I know have come up to me and expressed their dislike of what is happening to UAB. They are supportive.

RE: Tuscaloosa Mayor gives UAB shout-out on Fox 6 - UAB Band Dad - 11-21-2014 10:43 AM

Most fairminded people don't enjoy watching a screwjob happen to some poor soul. Folks around here know what a long drought UAB Football has endured. UAB under Clark is a feelgood story, and it's a football town. I keep saying it, put good football on the field and they'll come to the game.

OCS would make it even better, of course.

RE: Tuscaloosa Mayor gives UAB shout-out on Fox 6 - LairDweller - 11-21-2014 10:54 AM

(11-21-2014 10:31 AM)nicknitro19 Wrote:  Other than a very outspoken minority the majority of Alabama fans would like to see UAB succeed in football. The problem is that part of that minority controls the Board of Trustees.

I believe The "shutdown UAB" bama fans are those that have never been to Tuscaloosa. I bet that if you took a survey among Alabama students, the majority would vote for more support for UAB football
Obviously, I have almost nothing to base that on, and I could be wrong

RE: Tuscaloosa Mayor gives UAB shout-out on Fox 6 - BlazrDawg - 11-21-2014 11:45 AM

Walt did a great job and Im glad that the interviewer brought up the topic and asked for his comments. That guy is an eloquent public speaker who has a great head on his shoulders.

RE: Tuscaloosa Mayor gives UAB shout-out on Fox 6 - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 11-21-2014 11:55 AM

(11-21-2014 11:45 AM)BlazrDawg Wrote:  Walt did a great job and Im glad that the interviewer brought up the topic and asked for his comments. That guy is an eloquent public speaker who has a great head on his shoulders.

How about that! A Tuscaloosa political leader who expresses real leadership on a locally toxic subject and is one UAB fans could support for the next governor.

RE: Tuscaloosa Mayor gives UAB shout-out on Fox 6 - Doktyr X - 11-21-2014 01:13 PM

I second that motion.