CSNbbs
Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? (/thread-711337.html)

Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - EvilVodka - 11-06-2014 03:55 PM

Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke??

And yes, I'm talking football

RE: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - PusherT - 11-06-2014 04:26 PM

(11-06-2014 03:55 PM)EvilVodka Wrote:  Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke??

If we can get a good running attack the sure, Duke rushing defense was putrid against Pittsburgh. Syracuse defense will be competitive but offense is problem that Shaifer hasn't fixed.

RE: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - TexanMark - 11-06-2014 04:29 PM

Anything is possible...however, if the OL is still decimated it will be a huge longshot. Cuse D would have to get at least 7 pts IMHO to improve the chances.

RE: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - cuseroc - 11-06-2014 04:52 PM

(11-06-2014 03:55 PM)EvilVodka Wrote:  Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke??

There is a very minute chance but the offense will have to improve significantly, while the defense will have to play it's a game. Syracuse D is pretty good. Dukes offense is very good. May be a long day in the Dome.

RE: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - ken d - 11-06-2014 04:52 PM

I remember Chaminade defeating Ralph Sampson's UVa team years ago, so I suppose anything is possible.

RE: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - ren.hoek - 11-06-2014 05:19 PM

none whatsoever.

RE: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - Kaplony - 11-06-2014 06:38 PM

Yes.

If Syracuse comes out and dedicates itself to the run even if early on it struggles they can win. Attack Duke's weakness, shorten the game and put your defense in the best position to win.

Will they? Probably not. Thus far in the Shafer era they have won in spite of, not because of their offense because they seem to be wholly dedicated to a scheme that doesn't fit any of their personnel.

RE: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - lumberpack4 - 11-06-2014 07:08 PM

Of course Syracuse can beat Duke, but Duke will not beat itself. If you look at Duke's run over the last two years, they haven't blown anyone away in the league. As bad as NC State was last year, State had the lead in the 4th quarter until we tossed three pick-sixes in a row. Kap is right that Cuse has to come out and run and use their size against Duke, but Syracuse can't make any mistakes.

RE: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - Chris02M - 11-06-2014 07:19 PM

if OL is better than last week with injuries we have a shot but were going to get at least 24+ points to win.Shafer can't coach scared though any 4th in manageable inside dukes 40 is must go for it time

RE: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - HRFlossY - 11-07-2014 12:31 PM

Yes they can, if a perfect game is played.

But I don't see it. Duke will win the coastal.04-bow
FLossY Out...04-wine

RE: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - CardFan1 - 11-08-2014 11:00 PM

Just hasn't been very good for 'Cuse the last few weeks . Injuries and miscues by coaching staff will need to be addressed. Hopefully next recruiting class and redshirt freshmen can bring needed depth back to the program. I've got faith They will bounce back.

RE: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - OrangeCrush22 - 11-08-2014 11:37 PM

This year has been a total dumpster fire for 'Cuse. With poor coaching, except for the defensive side, and a plethora of injuries it just became a lost cause. Whether I like it or not, Shafer's going to get a third year, I only hope he realizes he can't stick with Lester as OC. The Dome may be suited to a high flying offense, but the roster isn't and likely never will be, so I hope we just give up on it. We have six passing touchdowns this year, only San Diego State has less (they have five)...

RE: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - cuseroc - 11-09-2014 12:40 PM

OC,

Where you been man? Havent seen you around much. I've been seeing you over at Syracusefan., but not here.

RE: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - OrangeCrush22 - 11-09-2014 09:09 PM

(11-09-2014 12:40 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  OC,

Where you been man? Havent seen you around much. I've been seeing you over at Syracusefan., but not here.

I've been busy the past few months with work and school and CSN just fell off my radar for a while. Couldn't give up talking sports entirely so I stuck with Syracusefan. Gotta cut out things that will make me procrastinate, then procrastinate anyway. 03-lmfao

RE: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - Laettners Legacy - 11-10-2014 08:00 AM

04-cheers

RE: Does Syracuse have a chance to knock off Duke?? - ecuacc4ever - 11-10-2014 12:33 PM

(11-09-2014 09:09 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 12:40 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  OC,

I've been busy the past few months with work and school and CSN just fell off my radar for a while. Couldn't give up talking sports entirely so I stuck with Syracusefan. Gotta cut out things that will make me procrastinate, then procrastinate anyway. 03-lmfao

Really?

05-ban

Welcome back...