CSNbbs
What happened to the legal speculation thread? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: What happened to the legal speculation thread? (/thread-710788.html)

What happened to the legal speculation thread? - Charm City Bronco - 11-03-2014 10:06 AM

So odd to see a thread here deleted. What was wrong with the topic? Who has something to hide?

RE: What happened to the legal speculation thread? - thegeneral - 11-03-2014 10:15 AM

Good eye.

RE: What happened to the legal speculation thread? - SilentStryk09 - 11-03-2014 11:10 AM

pretty sure GTS got rid of it because of the rampant speculation. He gave a warning to stop with the shot-in-the-dark guesses at one point.

RE: What happened to the legal speculation thread? - Charm City Bronco - 11-03-2014 11:30 AM

(11-03-2014 11:10 AM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  pretty sure GTS got rid of it because of the rampant speculation. He gave a warning to stop with the shot-in-the-dark guesses at one point.

I'm wondering what the problem is with speculating about legal ramifications?

RE: What happened to the legal speculation thread? - toddjnsn - 11-03-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:I'm wondering what the problem is with speculating about legal ramifications?

I think it's a funny/simple explanation said thru one of my early comments on that thread: There's a controversy about speculation/rumors of things happening with our coach that's under fire and closed down for legal examination -- so we start another thread begging speculation/rumors about how/what the legal ramifications are. Which just continues the whole thing, in spirit. I think that's why.

Speculating what the legal issues are -- and if they are sound or not so sound -- only brings the speculation/rumors to the table once again to dissect, along with fear of jokes cracked about it and statements by a few stating that the original rumors are in fact true, etc.

I think he just didn't want us going down the rabbit hole again, is all. But I agree -- what's wrong with wondering what exactly was done wrong -- where are the lines crossed, where are they not, etc.

BUT, GTS did say within a week, we'll all know. So that's good.

RE: What happened to the legal speculation thread? - georgia_tech_swagger - 11-04-2014 10:12 AM

The content that was removed from the Fire Fleck thread reappeared in the speculation thread.

Or maybe it is because I'm "spineless"? 07-coffee3

RE: What happened to the legal speculation thread? - Kimbosucks - 11-04-2014 10:40 AM

(11-04-2014 10:12 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  The content that was removed from the Fire Fleck thread reappeared in the speculation thread.

Its your ball. You can take it home anytime. Hell it's your stadium and campus.

RE: What happened to the legal speculation thread? - georgia_tech_swagger - 11-04-2014 12:45 PM

(11-04-2014 10:40 AM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 10:12 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  The content that was removed from the Fire Fleck thread reappeared in the speculation thread.

Its your ball. You can take it home anytime. Hell it's your stadium and campus.

My pithiness is more directed at OP.

RE: What happened to the legal speculation thread? - brovol - 11-05-2014 08:44 AM

So when those posts are all removed, does that reduce our individual total post count? Just wondering.

RE: What happened to the legal speculation thread? - BCBronco - 11-05-2014 10:15 AM

(11-05-2014 08:44 AM)brovol Wrote:  So when those posts are all removed, does that reduce our individual total post count? Just wondering.

Still trying to catch up to DB? 01-ncaabbs

RE: What happened to the legal speculation thread? - Charm City Bronco - 11-05-2014 11:06 AM

Hmm, I corrected myself after the original spinesless balst, admitting maybe it was a little too strong. For that, I apologize.

I still think your censorship and worry about "potential legal ramifications" is pathetic. This is a message board. Grow a pair.

RE: What happened to the legal speculation thread? - toddjnsn - 11-05-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:Hmm, I corrected myself after the original spinesless balst, admitting maybe it was a little too strong. For that, I apologize.

That's good....

Quote:I still think your censorship and worry about "potential legal ramifications" is pathetic. This is a message board. Grow a pair.

Damn! Well -- I would assume that would depend on how "pathetic" any lawsuits or threats of lawsuits are, combined with how much & in what way a poster(s) crossed LEGAL lines.

If it's making fun of a coach, coach's relative, player, player's relative, a sponsor, claims that "i have inside info that sally stole from/jacked/injured bobby" -- I would assume that doesn't cross any legal lines. BUT, I'm sure a BBS SysOp isn't going to want to deal with legal issues, etc too much anyway, and will err on the side of the path of least (legal) resistance *IF* that resistance has a ticked off law firm behind it I guess...

Which is why I want to know the skinny on it all!