CSNbbs
Nothing here on the Maryland snub? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big10bbs (/forum-259.html)
+---- Forum: Big 10 Conference Talk (/forum-167.html)
+---- Thread: Nothing here on the Maryland snub? (/thread-710724.html)

Nothing here on the Maryland snub? - EvilVodka - 11-02-2014 05:32 PM

Never seen players not shake hands before....

Is Maryland and Penn state a future rivalry??

RE: Nothing here on the Maryland snub? - DexterDevil - 11-02-2014 10:54 PM

Rivalry or hatred?

RE: Nothing here on the Maryland snub? - goofus - 11-03-2014 07:20 AM

(11-02-2014 05:32 PM)EvilVodka Wrote:  Never seen players not shake hands before....

So was it really a PSU snub by Md?

Anyway, The game needs a trophy. Thats what the BigTen like to do. When Nebraska entered the league, they started this goofy "Heroes Game" Trophy between Nebraska and Iowa.

Maybe the Minnesota folks can give up the victory Bell Trophy or whatever its call that Minn and PSU play for.

RE: Nothing here on the Maryland snub? - brista21 - 11-03-2014 01:58 PM

What I'd really like to see is a 3 way trophy between Maryland, Rutgers and Penn State. But that would/will be difficult to pull off. I maintain that if Rutgers-Maryland ever gets a trophy it needs to involve the Blue Crab given where blue claws primarily come from in the Chesapeake and Delaware Bays.

Penn State got what they wanted in this expansion though. Two schools who will consider them (and each other) their primary rivals and will give them everything they've got when they play.

RE: Nothing here on the Maryland snub? - harley93davidson - 11-03-2014 08:03 PM

They were rivals from the 60s to early 90s however it was a lopsided rivalry, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryland%E2%80%93Penn_State_football_rivalry

RE: Nothing here on the Maryland snub? - DexterDevil - 11-03-2014 09:56 PM

History means nothing, us Sparty fans know that after 7 years of whooping scUM ass, well minus the one bull**** game with no touchdowns with a bull**** penalty to put scUM in field goal range.

RE: Nothing here on the Maryland snub? - He1nousOne - 11-05-2014 06:05 PM

I think if match ups between Penn State, Maryland and Rutgers don't become rivalry games then something is definitely wrong out there in the East. Just seeing the Big Ten advertisements showing their little map is enough to see just how far East these three schools are in comparison to the rest.

Right now these three schools and their football programs seem to be at a point of relative parity. Rutgers seems a little behind but that New Jersey recruiting ground is going to have them up there with Penn State and Maryland in just a couple years probably.

Nothing here on the Maryland snub? - scobe - 11-05-2014 06:43 PM

(11-05-2014 06:05 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Right now these three schools and their football programs seem to be at a point of relative parity. Rutgers seems a little behind but that New Jersey recruiting ground is going to have them up there with Penn State and Maryland in just a couple years probably.

As a PSU fan and alum I would love for these three schools develop a true rivalry in football. It's something Penn State has lacked since joining the B1G. We are nobody's main rival in regards to the old school members.

Having said that and in regards to parity of the three, it seems to me to be a direct result of the scholarship reductions PSU is dealing with. The question is 3 or 4 years down the road when the results of the sanctions diminish, where will they be? Maybe I'm being a homer, but I expect PSU to be a much better team than they are now and the question to me is will Maryland and Rutgers improve as well.

RE: Nothing here on the Maryland snub? - He1nousOne - 11-05-2014 07:39 PM

(11-05-2014 06:43 PM)scobe Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 06:05 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Right now these three schools and their football programs seem to be at a point of relative parity. Rutgers seems a little behind but that New Jersey recruiting ground is going to have them up there with Penn State and Maryland in just a couple years probably.

As a PSU fan and alum I would love for these three schools develop a true rivalry in football. It's something Penn State has lacked since joining the B1G. We are nobody's main rival in regards to the old school members.

Having said that and in regards to parity of the three, it seems to me to be a direct result of the scholarship reductions PSU is dealing with. The question is 3 or 4 years down the road when the results of the sanctions diminish, where will they be? Maybe I'm being a homer, but I expect PSU to be a much better team than they are now and the question to me is will Maryland and Rutgers improve as well.

Penn State has quite the reputation of heavily recruiting the State of New Jersey. Rutgers can now recruit on relatively equal footing with PSU. The same happens in the State of Maryland. They too should be better off in solidifying themselves in recruiting their area which is a strong recruiting hotbed in the beltway.

RE: Nothing here on the Maryland snub? - brista21 - 11-05-2014 08:34 PM

(11-05-2014 06:05 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  I think if match ups between Penn State, Maryland and Rutgers don't become rivalry games then something is definitely wrong out there in the East. Just seeing the Big Ten advertisements showing their little map is enough to see just how far East these three schools are in comparison to the rest.

Right now these three schools and their football programs seem to be at a point of relative parity. Rutgers seems a little behind but that New Jersey recruiting ground is going to have them up there with Penn State and Maryland in just a couple years probably.

The best is when they show it during games in the stadium and how loud and sudden booing occurs when the Penn State logo pops up. Provided the games between the schools stay close, heated affairs, as the first two of the 3 games exclusively between the East Coast schools have been, then these will be fun rivalries for all involved and lucrative rivalries for the entire conference.

RE: Nothing here on the Maryland snub? - BruceMcF - 11-05-2014 11:03 PM

(11-02-2014 05:32 PM)EvilVodka Wrote:  Never seen players not shake hands before....

Nothing here on the Maryland snub? What about the "A Rivalry Born?" thread?