CSNbbs
Another App State Scheduling Announcement - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Another App State Scheduling Announcement (/thread-710244.html)

Pages: 1 2

Another App State Scheduling Announcement - DrGonzo - 10-30-2014 10:16 AM

After the home-and-home with Wake Forest was announced last week, we're about to get some more good news.

https://twitter.com/AppTrailWSJ/status/527829251752726528

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - 97App - 10-30-2014 11:09 AM

@ Penn St 9/1/2018

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - T-Dog - 10-30-2014 11:09 AM

Penn State on September 1, 2018 for 1.2 million.

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - slycat - 10-30-2014 11:10 AM

That summer camp you shared with them is paying off big! oh wait...

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - NCeagle - 10-30-2014 11:13 AM

(10-30-2014 11:10 AM)slycat Wrote:  That summer camp you shared with them is paying off big! oh wait...

[Image: 12710061ec1b8ec6b7fa09807a2b4f6c7c208950...c754fc.jpg]

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - DrGonzo - 10-30-2014 11:57 AM

Should be a winnable game by 2018.

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - GaSoEagle - 10-30-2014 12:02 PM

App is doing a good job scheduling. All quiet here on the Ga. Southern front for now 2-3 months.

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - panama - 10-30-2014 12:03 PM

(10-30-2014 11:10 AM)slycat Wrote:  That summer camp you shared with them is paying off big! oh wait...

Well sure it did. They got six commits from that camp in Boone...oh..no ...wait...

[Image: rgiCTMr.gif]

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - sarkelcpa - 10-30-2014 12:04 PM

(10-30-2014 12:02 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  App is doing a good job scheduling. All quiet here on the Ga. Southern front for now 2-3 months.

And that is starting to concern me.

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - boroeagle2 - 10-30-2014 12:10 PM

(10-30-2014 12:04 PM)sarkelcpa Wrote:  
(10-30-2014 12:02 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  App is doing a good job scheduling. All quiet here on the Ga. Southern front for now 2-3 months.

Look back over these last 2-3 months...if you're a P5 AD looking to buy an easy win, which one would you be calling?

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - hapapp - 10-30-2014 12:18 PM

Who can determine four years down the road where a team will be? Just look back three years ago and Wake Forest beat Florida State. What was Ole Miss doing three years ago?

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - moehler - 10-30-2014 12:26 PM

well, we will be better ( if not, we will have a new coaching staff), but so will Penn State, we would have to pull off another Michigan upset. As far as GS goes, I suspect it will tougher to schedule big time games, not because of your talent, no one at the P5 level is worried about you recruiting 4 and 5 star players, but nobody wants to play a triple option, or what ever you call it, they don't see it enough to be able to properly prepare for it. Kinda of catch 22 for GS, its a great offense to use in a one game situation, but the big P5 schools realize this so its going to be really difficult to land them on your schedule. I remember what Nick Saben said after you guys ran up and down the field on them a few years back, he said when they originally scheduled GS, they were running a pro type offense, if he knew that GS was going back to the option offense, he would have never scheduled the game.

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - Saint3333 - 10-30-2014 12:55 PM

(10-30-2014 12:10 PM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  

Look back over these last 2-3 months...if you're a P5 AD looking to buy an easy win, which one would you be calling?

Yep, we need to get these games scheduled stat before we return to form.

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - DrGonzo - 10-30-2014 01:05 PM

(10-30-2014 12:26 PM)moehler Wrote:  well, we will be better ( if not, we will have a new coaching staff), but so will Penn State, we would have to pull off another Michigan upset. As far as GS goes, I suspect it will tougher to schedule big time games, not because of your talent, no one at the P5 level is worried about you recruiting 4 and 5 star players, but nobody wants to play a triple option, or what ever you call it, they don't see it enough to be able to properly prepare for it. Kinda of catch 22 for GS, its a great offense to use in a one game situation, but the big P5 schools realize this so its going to be really difficult to land them on your schedule. I remember what Nick Saben said after you guys ran up and down the field on them a few years back, he said when they originally scheduled GS, they were running a pro type offense, if he knew that GS was going back to the option offense, he would have never scheduled the game.

Plus all that cut blocking poses a higher injury risk. And you don't want injuries in "lower" out of conference game. Remember what happened to Florida this year when they played El Cid?

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - GaSoEagle - 10-30-2014 01:13 PM

We don't employ the cut blocking scheme anymore. I am not so worried about getting big money games as I am getting some home/homes with other G5s or lower level P5s.

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - EigenEagle - 10-30-2014 01:24 PM

OMG 2-3 months with no schedule announcements? Sound the alarm!

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - eaglewraith - 10-30-2014 01:27 PM

(10-30-2014 01:05 PM)DrGonzo Wrote:  
(10-30-2014 12:26 PM)moehler Wrote:  well, we will be better ( if not, we will have a new coaching staff), but so will Penn State, we would have to pull off another Michigan upset. As far as GS goes, I suspect it will tougher to schedule big time games, not because of your talent, no one at the P5 level is worried about you recruiting 4 and 5 star players, but nobody wants to play a triple option, or what ever you call it, they don't see it enough to be able to properly prepare for it. Kinda of catch 22 for GS, its a great offense to use in a one game situation, but the big P5 schools realize this so its going to be really difficult to land them on your schedule. I remember what Nick Saben said after you guys ran up and down the field on them a few years back, he said when they originally scheduled GS, they were running a pro type offense, if he knew that GS was going back to the option offense, he would have never scheduled the game.

Plus all that cut blocking poses a higher injury risk. And you don't want injuries in "lower" out of conference game. Remember what happened to Florida this year when they played El Cid?

Florida State.

A properly executed cut block doesn't hit the knee, it hits the upper thigh and hip and you drive the guy backwards to the ground. However you don't see much of that these days as OL get lazy about it a lot. What looks like a malicious hit to a player's knee could just be a player getting beat on a block and him acting out of desperation.

But yes, coaches like to avoid any teams that use a large amount of cut blocks as part of their offense.

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - CatMom - 10-30-2014 01:57 PM

(10-30-2014 01:27 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  

Florida State.

A properly executed cut block doesn't hit the knee, it hits the upper thigh and hip and you drive the guy backwards to the ground. However you don't see much of that these days as OL get lazy about it a lot. What looks like a malicious hit to a player's knee could just be a player getting beat on a block and him acting out of desperation.

But yes, coaches like to avoid any teams that use a large amount of cut blocks as part of their offense.
Yeah, tell that to Mike Orakpo

Another App State Scheduling Announcement - eaglewraith - 11-01-2014 10:18 AM

(10-30-2014 01:57 PM)CatMom Wrote:  
(10-30-2014 01:27 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  

Florida State.

Yeah, tell that to Mike Orakpo

Notice I said properly executed.

RE: Another App State Scheduling Announcement - trueeagle98 - 11-01-2014 01:01 PM

Again, Appy 03-wink doing a great job scheduling teams (please the crap out of PSU).

As for GS. I am also nervous on the lack of a signiture series. App is blessed in that they have a lot of good (but beatable) P5 teams that are willing to do home and home with G5 teams. GS has no such thing. Maybe GT, but only after a few more years and couple more expansions of our stadium.

also, the other GS poster is correct. We don't cut block like we used to, even though we still run an option attack. We will probably move slightly away from this and towards a more passing offense (but still mostly run).