CSNbbs
KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread (/thread-709458.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - thanksjim - 10-24-2014 05:40 PM

Anyone headed to the game? I'll be making the short drive from Cincy.

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - Sultan of Euphonistan - 10-24-2014 06:48 PM

Can't go due to the crazy stuff going on right now sadly.

I will also say that I think that Miami is one of the hardest MAC schools to get to. There are no great ways to get there from most places.

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - ilovegymnast - 10-24-2014 07:23 PM

I was going to go before I went to get directions and saw it would be a 5 hour drive on way. I have been to every home game and this team hasn't impressed me enough to make that far of a trip to see them play when I can watch it on espn3.

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - ilovegymnast - 10-25-2014 02:27 PM

Yawn fest so far

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - dannyb73 - 10-25-2014 08:26 PM

Sadly we can't score enough to beat Miami. And surely we have someone that can make FG's because Melchori cannot.

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - ilovegymnast - 10-25-2014 09:25 PM

Just to clarify 4th and inches we kick a field goal 4th and 6 we go for it and throw the ball 2 yards. It is getting really hard to watch this offense.

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - thanksjim - 10-25-2014 10:36 PM

(10-25-2014 08:26 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  Sadly we can't score enough to beat Miami. And surely we have someone that can make FG's because Melchori cannot.

Absolutely. It's getting tiring watching Melchiori miss chip shots. Almost reminds of the days of Nate Reed. Let him handle the punting duties where he excels at. Lets see the freshman Shane Hynes get a shot. To me, the season isn't over until the team loses their seventh game (Bowl Eligibility) and that ship has sailed now. Lets see the freshman the rest of the way.

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - thanksjim - 10-27-2014 07:03 PM

Here's the one line from the Record Courier and its about as honest as it gets.

Haynes: "It's gonna take another year, another year and a half with a really good offseason to become an (FBS) college football team strength-wise"

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - AlphaFlash - 10-27-2014 08:06 PM

(10-27-2014 07:03 PM)thanksjim Wrote:  Here's the one line from the Record Courier and its about as honest as it gets.

Haynes: "It's gonna take another year, another year and a half with a really good offseason to become an (FBS) college football team strength-wise"

Another year in addition to this year?

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - danh63 - 10-28-2014 06:41 AM

It was brutal to watch! In the redzone a at least a few times and can't get it in. A receiver wide open in the endzone from the 2 yrd line and we can't make the throw. Some of those passes were just horrible. Rushing game improved and defense held up. I listened to the press conference and he said he has no plans for a big back in the short yardage situations. Do we have or are we getting a mobile quarterback? With the season the way it's going I would be all for giving someone else a chance. We need to see a backup for more than one series to get a rythm going. After the Army game I thought he was going to get something going but went right back to where he has been. I know some will jump me for the statements about the quarterback but I have watched every game and listened to the parents in the parking lot and some of the players. It is what it is.

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - flash fan - 10-28-2014 08:33 AM

(10-28-2014 06:41 AM)danh63 Wrote:  It was brutal to watch! In the redzone a at least a few times and can't get it in. A receiver wide open in the endzone from the 2 yrd line and we can't make the throw. Some of those passes were just horrible. Rushing game improved and defense held up. I listened to the press conference and he said he has no plans for a big back in the short yardage situations. Do we have or are we getting a mobile quarterback? With the season the way it's going I would be all for giving someone else a chance. We need to see a backup for more than one series to get a rythm going. After the Army game I thought he was going to get something going but went right back to where he has been. I know some will jump me for the statements about the quarterback but I have watched every game and listened to the parents in the parking lot and some of the players. It is what it is.

I 100% agree I have been saying this for awhile nathan Strock threw for 7000 yards and ran for 2000 he is very mobile He led his team to several come from behind wins. I know it was High School but these where against big time programs. Give the kid a shot what do you have to lose????/ How can you not? I know this kid can make a big difference, I too lisen and hear what his team mates say and the fans say. Army was not a good team and a third stringer could of beat that pass defense. All I am saying is give the kid a shot. There are other players too Who should get a chance.

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - GFlash68 - 10-28-2014 03:13 PM

Our big problem is not caused by our QB.

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - TinManJoshua - 10-28-2014 04:04 PM

(10-28-2014 03:13 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  Our big problem is not caused by our QB.

Talent top to bottom is poor. I'm not advocating putting in Strock or Jack or the rookie kid. Colin is the best QB on this team, but again, like last year, that's not a compliment to Colin.

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - flash fan - 10-28-2014 04:19 PM

(10-28-2014 04:04 PM)TinManJoshua Wrote:  
(10-28-2014 03:13 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  Our big problem is not caused by our QB.

Talent top to bottom is poor. I'm not advocating putting in Strock or Jack or the rookie kid. Colin is the best QB on this team, but again, like last year, that's not a compliment to Colin.

How in the world can you say that???? Have you even seen Strock play???? Once again you are saying something that is not correct In every catagory strock out played and out hussled Reardon in spring ball Why are you saying Reardon is the best? Both scrimages he beat Reardon. We average 9 points a game we can not hit wide open recievers down field. I agree we need better talent but I blame our coaches for alot of this If you listen to players you would be surprised And to say it is not the QB is wrong not all of it is his fault but alot is. once again someone will say I related to Strock I am not but I do know him and have watched this kid play If given a chance he would surprise you. So once again why are you coming to this conclusion

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - ilovegymnast - 10-28-2014 05:13 PM

Do you just copy and paste your posts?

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - flash fan - 10-28-2014 05:42 PM

(10-28-2014 05:13 PM)ilovegymnast Wrote:  Do you just copy and paste your posts?

It seems like it, because I feel like I have to say it over because people make dum comments based on NOTHING

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - ilovegymnast - 10-28-2014 06:43 PM

Seems they are based on who the starting QB is. That seems like a fact to me.

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - danh63 - 10-29-2014 06:32 AM

Did everyone that is commenting see the game Saturday??

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - TinManJoshua - 10-29-2014 09:36 AM

(10-29-2014 06:32 AM)danh63 Wrote:  Did everyone that is commenting see the game Saturday??

Yeah I did. I've also seen Nathan struggle with the speed of the game in the few snaps he has taken. He's got more development to do to be ready to play a full college game. Does he have the potential to be better than Colin, sure, but he's not quite there yet.

RE: KSU-Miami (OH) Thread - flash fan - 10-29-2014 10:28 AM

(10-29-2014 09:36 AM)TinManJoshua Wrote:  
(10-29-2014 06:32 AM)danh63 Wrote:  Did everyone that is commenting see the game Saturday??

Yeah I did. I've also seen Nathan struggle with the speed of the game in the few snaps he has taken. He's got more development to do to be ready to play a full college game. Does he have the potential to be better than Colin, sure, but he's not quite there yet.

Once again how do you say that, The only snaps he has taken where against Ohio State and three against Virginia Two of those where long passes (both got pass interference calls) and two dropped passes A little harsh aren't you with evaluating speed when his only plays where against those two teams