CSNbbs
Hokie Game - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Hokie Game (/thread-709391.html)

Hokie Game - Sitting bull - 10-24-2014 08:47 AM

I just wanted to throw this out.

On the game last night on ESPN, they showed an ad several times featuring Bruce Smith, with references to Frank Beamer, a political ad supporting Mark Warner. The ad ended with "Go Hokies!".

Now I will admit not bring a Warner fan. I feel like he represents Washington to Virginia more than the reverse. But does anyone else see an issue there where a State University implies they are supporting a particular political candidate?

And understand this is a sports board, but to me, politics was brought into this by the Warner campaign, not me.

RE: Hokie Game - tribe_pride - 10-24-2014 09:00 AM

(10-24-2014 08:47 AM)Sitting bull Wrote:  I just wanted to throw this out.

On the game last night on ESPN, they showed an ad several times featuring Bruce Smith, with references to Frank Beamer, a political ad supporting Mark Warner. The ad ended with "Go Hokies!".

Now I will admit not bring a Warner fan. I feel like he represents Washington to Virginia more than the reverse. But does anyone else see an issue there where a State University implies they are supporting a particular political candidate?

And understand this is a sports board, but to me, politics was brought into this by the Warner campaign, not me.

Just went online and found the ad. Tech may have had nothing to do with that ad. That was all Mark Warner and Bruce Smith. Smith and Warner want Tech fans to go that way but I don't see Tech having taken a position.

Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBDKFynVN4s

RE: Hokie Game - hktribefan - 10-24-2014 09:19 AM

My big takeaway from the game last night is I really wish we could have another crack at VT right now with them reeling and our offense clicking.

RE: Hokie Game - Tribe Fan - 10-24-2014 11:02 AM

Warner was interviewed on the radio during the game last night. He went to great lengths to remind everyone "WE got Tech in the ACC " . Like VT owed him ....
Beat Delaware ! Go Tribe !