CSNbbs
TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) (/thread-708052.html)

TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - AnimeBlazer - 10-14-2014 09:37 AM

So I just checked and it turns out "Fox College Sports" is not Fox Sports Networks 1&2, etc.

What this means is that you may (if you are like me with Brighthouse) not automatically get it with the expanded tier on your cable box.

It is available on Brighthouse but you have to pony up $10 for a monthly pass and even then it is not apparently available in HD...

Please use this thread to list any bars that are double dog confirmed to be showing UAB@MTSU large and in charge on game day.

I usually despise watching Blazer ball at bars because over the years I have had to sit in the corner and watch a tiny FN CRT, or sit there until kickoff expecting it to go on one promised TV only to have some tool request some random $EC game at the last minute (followed by the mad scramble to another such facility).

Specifically in the Hoover area would help... I know there was the one place downtown already mentioned. (EDIT: no that was the arkansas game...; so, any place showing MTSU game would be a help at this point)

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - AnimeBlazer - 10-14-2014 09:46 AM

Disregard. I thought Iron city was for MTSU. It's arkansas...NM

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - uab blazer 01 - 10-14-2014 09:50 AM

not showing for my uverse either although i have everything else.

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - AnimeBlazer - 10-14-2014 09:52 AM

Here's the channel finder link: http://fcs.channelfinder.net/v2/framework.aspx

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - LairDweller - 10-14-2014 10:00 AM

it'll be on (probably on 2 different TV's) at my house. does that help?

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - the_blazerman - 10-14-2014 10:04 AM

You can watch it online along with the fat women that need love too.

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - AnimeBlazer - 10-14-2014 10:06 AM

(10-14-2014 10:04 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  You can watch it online along with the fat women that need love too.

I've found a few of those online streams in the past but they seem to be hit and miss.

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - iam4uab - 10-14-2014 10:10 AM

Channel 440 if you have DISH (and the multi-sport package)

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - BlazerGrad88 - 10-14-2014 10:16 AM

(10-14-2014 09:37 AM)AnimeBlazer Wrote:  I usually despise watching Blazer ball at bars because over the years I have had to sit in the corner and watch a tiny FN CRT, or sit there until kickoff expecting it to go on one promised TV only to have some tool request some random $EC game at the last minute (followed by the mad scramble to another such facility).

In the future, inform said tool that you were there first and stand your ground. 05-mafia

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - AnimeBlazer - 10-14-2014 10:21 AM

(10-14-2014 10:16 AM)BlazerGrad88 Wrote:  
(10-14-2014 09:37 AM)AnimeBlazer Wrote:  I usually despise watching Blazer ball at bars because over the years I have had to sit in the corner and watch a tiny FN CRT, or sit there until kickoff expecting it to go on one promised TV only to have some tool request some random $EC game at the last minute (followed by the mad scramble to another such facility).

In the future, inform said tool that you were there first and stand your ground. 05-mafia

I wish... Usually it was greeted by a look of relief from the manager/employee... Like it would have physically pained them to display something other than $EC ball on their precious tv. One excuse being more than enough to avoid such a fate.

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - AnimeBlazer - 10-14-2014 10:24 AM

Anyway, this thread isn't about fat chicks, peoples living rooms, or war stories dealing with a-hole $EC fans...

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - the_blazerman - 10-14-2014 10:53 AM

Whatever Fox Sports Go is, may have the game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - LairDweller - 10-14-2014 11:05 AM

(10-14-2014 10:24 AM)AnimeBlazer Wrote:  Anyway, this thread isn't about fat chicks, peoples living rooms, or war stories dealing with a-hole $EC fans...

I'll call around myself closer to game day and update here if I learn anything.

Still new enough that you don't realize that the best way to make sure a thread is derailed is to try to mandate what it's about

For the record, my post was more about my basement, not my living room. And there's enough liquor there that one could argue it is a bar (it does have a bar, so I'll count it)

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - LairDweller - 10-14-2014 11:10 AM

I have it confirmed that if its requested, it will be shown at the following bar:

Rookies Sports Bar & Grill
2180 NW 156th Street,
Clive, IA

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - the Dragon - 10-14-2014 12:09 PM

(10-14-2014 11:10 AM)LairDweller Wrote:  I have it confirmed that if its requested, it will be shown at the following bar:

Rookies Sports Bar & Grill
2180 NW 156th Street,
Clive, IA

Sweet! I'm headed to Iowa to watch the game!!

Wait, I could just go to the game easier than that. 03-drunk

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - blazerjay - 10-14-2014 12:15 PM

(10-14-2014 09:50 AM)uab blazer 01 Wrote:  not showing for my uverse either although i have everything else.

The game is showing on FOX College Sports Atlantic...channel 647 on u-verse,

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - mixduptransistor - 10-14-2014 12:32 PM

304 on Charter in the Birmingham area.

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - uab blazer 01 - 10-14-2014 01:39 PM

[quote uid=41515 name="uab blazer 01" post=11246822 timestamp=1413298250]not showing for my uverse either although i have everything else.[/quote]

The game is showing on FOX College Sports Atlantic...channel 647 on u-verse,

That channel requires sports package or u 400 I get all the others with my current package u200. I may end up heading to iron city

RE: TV Situation for MTSU for those not making trip... (not ideal) - Grammar-Nazi - 10-14-2014 05:44 PM

If it weren't homecoming at Northwest, LairDweller, I would drive up to watch it at your house/bar.