CSNbbs
r, - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: r, (/thread-707525.html)

r, - EagleRockCafe - 10-10-2014 10:57 PM

g.

RE: Clinton Aide Peddled Stories Against Conservatives Exposing Lewinsky Affair… - Native Georgian - 10-11-2014 08:38 AM

The details have grown vague after 15+ years, but among the 2% or so of people who pay attention to politics, it was fairly common knowledge, even at the time, that Sidney Blumenthal's main purpose in working at the Clinton White House was to do stuff like this.

Even a lot of Blumenthal's liberal/leftwing allies roll their eyes whenever Blumenthal identifies himself as a so-called "journalist" (which is frequent).

RE: Clinton Aide Peddled Stories Against Conservatives Exposing Lewinsky Affair… - nomad2u2001 - 10-11-2014 10:59 AM

You mean there's political intrigue in Washington DC? I, for one, am shocked.

Clinton Aide Peddled Stories Against Conservatives Exposing Lewinsky Affair… - UConn-SMU - 10-11-2014 11:18 AM

(10-11-2014 10:59 AM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  You mean there's political intrigue in Washington DC? I, for one, am shocked.

Yes, but 90%+ of the "dirty tricks" come from the left.

I'm not complaining about the left, I just wish conservatives would do the same stuff.

RE: Clinton Aide Peddled Stories Against Conservatives Exposing Lewinsky Affair… - nomad2u2001 - 10-11-2014 11:21 AM

(10-11-2014 11:18 AM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 10:59 AM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  You mean there's political intrigue in Washington DC? I, for one, am shocked.

Yes, but 90%+ of the "dirty tricks" come from the left.

I'm not complaining about the left, I just wish conservatives would do the same stuff.

Today I'd say that most tricks come from the left. 1. Because they have the majority of the power 2. Because they have shrewd people.

But you can't say the right didn't have their day. They'll have it again.

RE: Clinton Aide Peddled Stories Against Conservatives Exposing Lewinsky Affair… - EagleRockCafe - 10-11-2014 12:19 PM

Clinton Era E-mail Cited Jewish Law As Defense For Lewinsky Scandal

[Image: 33dclcn.jpg]

Well, they always maintained BJ's didn't count.....

Quote:At the height of the Monica Lewinsky scandal, a senior aide to Hillary Rodham Clinton forwarded a far-fetched potential defense to the White House: a Talmudic interpretation that Bill Clinton wasn’t guilty of adultery.

“According to classical Jewish law, President Clinton did not commit adultery; adultery is defined as a married man having intercourse with a married woman, and Monica Lewinsky is single,” said the Jan. 27, 1999, ­e-mail that ended up with White House adviser and political fixer Sidney Blumenthal.

“At worst, President Clinton is guilty of the common sin of onanism [masturbation], a sin that probably afflicts the consciences of most Jewish men at one time or another.”

http://nypost.com/2014/10/11/clinton-era-e-mail-cited-jewish-law-as-defense-in-lewinsky-scandal/