CSNbbs
Twin Peaks Is Coming Back - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Charles Harris Memorial People's Forum (/forum-511.html)
+------ Thread: Twin Peaks Is Coming Back (/thread-706851.html)

Twin Peaks Is Coming Back - tiger2000 - 10-06-2014 02:01 PM

RE: Twin Peaks Is Coming Back - MemphisTiger15 - 10-06-2014 02:15 PM

I thought this was going to be a strip club advertisement

RE: Twin Peaks Is Coming Back - DenverTigerFan - 10-06-2014 02:17 PM

Who killed Laura Palmer?

RE: Twin Peaks Is Coming Back - kabluey - 10-06-2014 03:13 PM

There are few original ideas out there in Hollywood; none in cinemas, and the only ones on tv seem to be on cable (i.e. true detective)... Bunch of sequels, remakes, knockoffs of British or Asian TV, and comic book adaptations, so it seems...

RE: Twin Peaks Is Coming Back - DenverTigerFan - 10-06-2014 03:38 PM

(10-06-2014 03:13 PM)kabluey Wrote:  There are few original ideas out there in Hollywood; none in cinemas, and the only ones on tv seem to be on cable (i.e. true detective)... Bunch of sequels, remakes, knockoffs of British or Asian TV, and comic book adaptations, so it seems...

I agree with you, but in this case twin peaks was cancelled by the network at the time of its airing.

RE: Twin Peaks Is Coming Back - Memphis Blazer - 10-07-2014 10:43 AM

(10-06-2014 03:38 PM)DenverTigerFan Wrote:  
(10-06-2014 03:13 PM)kabluey Wrote:  There are few original ideas out there in Hollywood; none in cinemas, and the only ones on tv seem to be on cable (i.e. true detective)... Bunch of sequels, remakes, knockoffs of British or Asian TV, and comic book adaptations, so it seems...

I agree with you, but in this case twin peaks was cancelled by the network at the time of its airing.

Because the second season sucked. The first season was about the best thing ever on TV, but really fell off in season two.

RE: Twin Peaks Is Coming Back - rc0213 - 10-07-2014 11:51 AM

(10-06-2014 02:17 PM)DenverTigerFan Wrote:  Who killed Laura Palmer?

"Think Of Laura".. I know it was not for this, but it kind of applies. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0l7iGKh8g

RE: Twin Peaks Is Coming Back - kabluey - 10-07-2014 12:12 PM

So is this a continuation (i.e. modern Dallas)? Or reboot (Batman, Batman, Batman again, Superman, Superman again, Dukes of Hazzard, A Team, Gi Joe, Transformers)? Or derivation (Walking Dead 2)? I'm assuming it will maintain some tonal consistency (unlike Dukes of Hazzard) and won't require whitewashing (i.e. 21 Jump Street).

RE: Twin Peaks Is Coming Back - DenverTigerFan - 10-07-2014 05:53 PM

(10-07-2014 12:12 PM)kabluey Wrote:  

So is this a continuation (i.e. modern Dallas)? Or reboot (Batman, Batman, Batman again, Superman, Superman again, Dukes of Hazzard, A Team, Gi Joe, Transformers)? Or derivation (Walking Dead 2)? I'm assuming it will maintain some tonal consistency (unlike Dukes of Hazzard) and won't require whitewashing (i.e. 21 Jump Street).

I read it's going to take place 25 years later. David lynch is a hard pill to swallow. I'm guessing that's why some felt if was unwatchable. He's a talented director but I feel like he attempts to use too much symbolism and doesn't really tell a complete story. It leaves too much for the imagination at time. Mullholand Drive was very hard on the viewers. As with most of his work, you really have to be in the right mind to watch and enjoy his stuff. Maybe showtime will make him tell a easier to follow story.