CSNbbs
USM Fans.. Shades in Flowood Commercial - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: USM Fans.. Shades in Flowood Commercial (/thread-706769.html)

USM Fans.. Shades in Flowood Commercial - gdunn - 10-06-2014 08:07 AM

Did any of you hear the commercial by a local business in Flowood..

Basically it was pumping up the fanbase of Ole Miss and MSU, telling them they sell the popular preppy attire that most would tailgate in at the Grove and I think the Junction (I don't know, never went to either). But was saying they have Southern Tide and Costa/Jim Maui Sunglasses and it started by saying if you wear blue and red/maroon and white, stated some preppy clothing, and the tailgating area..

Then said: If you wear black and gold, and tailgate at the District, you probably want to wear a brown paper bag, and we don't sell that here.

RE: USM Fans.. Shades in Flowood Commercial - THEarmada - 10-06-2014 12:24 PM

(10-06-2014 08:07 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Did any of you hear the commercial by a local business in Flowood..

Basically it was pumping up the fanbase of Ole Miss and MSU, telling them they sell the popular preppy attire that most would tailgate in at the Grove and I think the Junction (I don't know, never went to either). But was saying they have Southern Tide and Costa/Jim Maui Sunglasses and it started by saying if you wear blue and red/maroon and white, stated some preppy clothing, and the tailgating area..

Then said: If you wear black and gold, and tailgate at the District, you probably want to wear a brown paper bag, and we don't sell that here.

Tech fan here. I've heard it, pretty stupid to isolate a portion of your target clientele.

RE: USM Fans.. Shades in Flowood Commercial - Monarch_Pride - 10-06-2014 12:26 PM

(10-06-2014 12:24 PM)THEarmada Wrote:  Tech fan here. I've heard it, pretty stupid to isolate a portion of your target clientele.

I agree. Insulting potential customers is never a good marketing strategy.

RE: USM Fans.. Shades in Flowood Commercial - shiftyeagle - 10-06-2014 12:35 PM

It's a dwindling portion.

RE: USM Fans.. Shades in Flowood Commercial - RonBurgundy - 10-06-2014 08:57 PM

Classic SEC attitude, must not like the color green if they want to insult Southern Miss fans/potential customers.

RE: USM Fans.. Shades in Flowood Commercial - blazertke - 10-06-2014 09:08 PM

State Traditions which is based out of Birmingham finally started selling Green and Gold attire a year or so ago.

RE: USM Fans.. Shades in Flowood Commercial - rook360 - 10-07-2014 05:43 AM

Wow! Not smart business practice.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0i2tzygdpQA

RE: USM Fans.. Shades in Flowood Commercial - nastybunch - 10-07-2014 07:37 AM

MSU and Black Bear merchandise is selling briskly at your local WalMarts. When one or both lose this weekend it will be eerily quiet in Mississippi.