CSNbbs
Official Spelling Handbook - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Official Spelling Handbook (/thread-706289.html)

Official Spelling Handbook - The T-Shirt - 10-03-2014 11:56 AM

Its been bugging me since CTT was hired, and its bugged me even more lately. So here is how you spell the seemingly complicated names in our program that get brought up frequently.

Tommy Tuberville - One, single, lone, ALLLLLBYYYYYITSSEEEEeEEEeeeEEELLLLFFFFF, uno "B". Not two, not three, not seventy five "B's". Abbreviations: Tubs, Tubsy, Tubski, Tuberosity.

Gunner K"EYEbeforeEEE"l. "A" <------- This guy has no place here!

Mike Bohn. Yes for the "h", no for the "e".

Not insulting anyone here, just clarifying. Destroy what little rep I have if you must, Ive never been an internet spelling toolbag, but its been driving me nuts!

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - bearcats23 - 10-03-2014 12:22 PM

(10-03-2014 11:56 AM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  Its been bugging me since CTT was hired, and its bugged me even more lately. So here is how you spell the seemingly complicated names in our program that get brought up frequently.

Tommy Tuberville - One, single, lone, ALLLLLBYYYYYITSSEEEEeEEEeeeEEELLLLFFFFF, uno "B". Not two, not three, not seventy five "B's". Abbreviations: Tubs, Tubsy, Tubski, Tuberosity.

Not insulting anyone here, just clarifying. Destroy what little rep I have if you must, Ive never been an internet spelling toolbag, but its been driving me nuts!

wy du yu kare if sumwon suks at speling?

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - abeandip - 10-03-2014 01:33 PM

(10-03-2014 12:22 PM)bearcats23 Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 11:56 AM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  Its been bugging me since CTT was hired, and its bugged me even more lately. So here is how you spell the seemingly complicated names in our program that get brought up frequently.

+1

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - colohank - 10-03-2014 02:24 PM

Because, when you spell incorrectly, you lose all credibility. Besides, it's grounds to suspect that you might have graduated from some lesser school in the mighty AAC -- or even WVU, for that matter.

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - Bourgeois_Rage - 10-03-2014 02:53 PM

Pfft, now people are going to be watching you, waiting for you to slip up and spell Oscar Robinson's name wrong.

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - eastside cat - 10-03-2014 05:09 PM

R you kidding me. Who gives a crap if he can spell. He is a football coach not an English major, which I guess you are ( can't end with a preposition) hater. This is really reaching for a reason to not like a coach.
(10-03-2014 02:24 PM)colohank Wrote:  

Because, when you spell incorrectly, you lose all credibility. Besides, it's grounds to suspect that you might have graduated from some lesser school in the mighty AAC -- or even WVU, for that matter.

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - The T-Shirt - 10-03-2014 06:17 PM

(10-03-2014 05:09 PM)eastside cat Wrote:  R you kidding me. Who gives a crap if he can spell. He is a football coach not an English major, which I guess you are ( can't end with a preposition) hater. This is really reaching for a reason to not like a coach.

Wait, what? I have no idea if tubsy can spell or not. I love that coach tubs is here and hope he stays awhile. I was just meaning that since tubs has been the coach here, i see a lot of "Tubbervilles".

Again, not really trying to pick a fight here. Also, for clarification, i dont nitpick the spelling of regular words, i mean typos happen. Its just the names of prominent folks in our programs.

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - eastside cat - 10-03-2014 08:42 PM

After reading your message again, I see I took it wrong. Sorry about my comments.
(10-03-2014 06:17 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 05:09 PM)eastside cat Wrote:  R you kidding me. Who gives a crap if he can spell. He is a football coach not an English major, which I guess you are ( can't end with a preposition) hater. This is really reaching for a reason to not like a coach.

Wait, what? I have no idea if tubsy can spell or not. I love that coach tubs is here and hope he stays awhile. I was just meaning that since tubs has been the coach here, i see a lot of "Tubbervilles".

Again, not really trying to pick a fight here. Also, for clarification, i dont nitpick the spelling of regular words, i mean typos happen. Its just the names of prominent folks in our programs.

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - Bearcatbdub - 10-03-2014 09:49 PM

Never been much of a Tubberville fan. i do like Punty and Grand tho.

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - cpawfan - 10-03-2014 11:06 PM

(10-03-2014 09:49 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  Never been much of a Tubberville fan. i do like Punty and Grand tho.

How do you feel about Jeff Luck?

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - Eastside_J - 10-04-2014 09:34 AM

(10-03-2014 11:06 PM)cpawfan Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 09:49 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  Never been much of a Tubberville fan. i do like Punty and Grand tho.

03-lmfao05-stirthepot

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - The T-Shirt - 10-04-2014 11:32 AM

(10-04-2014 09:34 AM)Eastside_J Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 11:06 PM)cpawfan Wrote:  

03-lmfao05-stirthepot

Whoa whoa whoa. Im almost positive its Jeff Luke 03-wink

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - Bearcatbdub - 10-04-2014 01:35 PM

Who cares about Geoff? I've had a hard time watching the offense since they benched Munchy Lego.

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - Dannyboy - 10-04-2014 02:48 PM

Geno Gwidugly was my favorite QB.

Official Spelling Handbook - QSECOFR - 10-04-2014 03:09 PM

(10-04-2014 02:48 PM)Dannyboy Wrote:  Geno Gwidugly was my favorite QB.

Greg Cooke!

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - ctipton - 10-04-2014 03:46 PM

(10-04-2014 03:09 PM)QSECOFR Wrote:  

Greg Cooke!

Brigg Owens

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - colohank - 10-04-2014 04:11 PM

(10-04-2014 03:46 PM)ctipton Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 03:09 PM)QSECOFR Wrote:  

Greg Cooke!

Brigg Owens

Jacky Lee

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - FenderCat - 10-04-2014 04:52 PM

I admit to being more of a grammar snob than spelling. I hate it when peeps fail to conjugate verbs properly, or use the wrong version of their/they're/there etc. Spelling not so much. And whose a bone smoker? Yeah I know, who's.

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - Bearcats#1 - 10-04-2014 07:27 PM

What's the correct spelling for SUCK?

RE: Official Spelling Handbook - rath v2.0 - 10-04-2014 10:12 PM

Does."this staff" have one F or two?