CSNbbs
USF vs ECU Next Week - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: USF vs ECU Next Week (/thread-706230.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

USF vs ECU Next Week - HPbull24 - 10-03-2014 07:04 AM

I just wanted to go on record and say that USF will win next week vs the Pirates and before I get ridiculed let me explain.

1. "Styles make fights" I think we have the style of play that will give a team like ECU fits.Taggart will look to keep Carden and Co. on the sideline with slow paced drives that will utilize our very good TE's, RB's and WR, not to mention we have a very good FB as well.

2. USF defense really isn't getting enough credit, are we the Nebraska 'Blackshirts" of the 90's NO! But I think that we will be able to get pressure on Carden like we did Bridgewater last year, plus we have a bye week and coach Breezy is a very good and bright DC.

3. We have a 4-0 lead in the series. It gives both teams a little something extra to play for, ECU wants to get a victory in the series and USF wants to continue the streak. I think both teams bring their A game, I just think that USF will slow this game down so much that Carden in company wont really have enough time to hurt us. I also think that Taggart has looked at film on Stanford vs Oregon games, that is kind of like this game with a team that wants to get out and go 100mph vs a team that wants to slow it down and control that clock.

We win this game next week, bank on it.........

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - ECU_Pirate - 10-03-2014 07:14 AM

[Image: tumblr_lg7ha66chE1qafrh6.gif]

04-cheers

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - 200yrs2late - 10-03-2014 07:15 AM

I don't see USF having much of a chance, but as a fan all you can do it hope for the best and support your team.

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - apex_pirate - 10-03-2014 07:19 AM

Hey, this is a great attitude! Glad to hear it and see it posted. 04-cheers

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - FrancisDrake - 10-03-2014 07:24 AM

I will not think of you until after SMU.

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - EastCarolinaU. - 10-03-2014 07:43 AM

You wont be able to score on us. Run D is our strong suit. We win by 30+

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - Fo Shizzle - 10-03-2014 07:50 AM

I expect our coaching staff is going to talk up the fact that we are 0'fer against USF and that it is time to make a statement in the AAC with this game. USF has embarrassed us in previous games. I don't think we will be embarrassed this time. The team should be ready to play. We have performed very well on the road thus far.

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - Chappy - 10-03-2014 07:57 AM

(10-03-2014 07:04 AM)HPbull24 Wrote:  I just wanted to go on record and say that USF will win next week vs the Pirates and before I get ridiculed let me explain.

You shouldn't be ridiculed. You gotta believe!

(10-03-2014 07:04 AM)HPbull24 Wrote:  1. "Styles make fights" I think we have the style of play that will give a team like ECU fits.Taggart will look to keep Carden and Co. on the sideline with slow paced drives that will utilize our very good TE's, RB's and WR, not to mention we have a very good FB as well.

This statement brings to mind that dreaded 11 minute drive (well, it seemed like 11 minutes) South Carolina had against us to keep us from having a chance to come back at the end. Keeping our offense off the field is a great strategy. But the Pirate defense has been improving, and I hope we'll be able to get your offense off the field without enduring any sustained drives.

(10-03-2014 07:04 AM)HPbull24 Wrote:  2. USF defense really isn't getting enough credit, are we the Nebraska 'Blackshirts" of the 90's NO! But I think that we will be able to get pressure on Carden like we did Bridgewater last year, plus we have a bye week and coach Breezy is a very good and bright DC.

Now that we've gotten the VT demon exorcised, I don't know that you'll be able to stop our offense. It's always been good under Ruff/Riley, but this year it seems REALLY good. Getting pressure on Carden will indeed be key if the Bulls are to pull off the upset.

(10-03-2014 07:04 AM)HPbull24 Wrote:  3. We have a 4-0 lead in the series. It gives both teams a little something extra to play for, ECU wants to get a victory in the series and USF wants to continue the streak. I think both teams bring their A game, I just think that USF will slow this game down so much that Carden in company wont really have enough time to hurt us. I also think that Taggart has looked at film on Stanford vs Oregon games, that is kind of like this game with a team that wants to get out and go 100mph vs a team that wants to slow it down and control that clock.

I don't know how much these players know or care about the series history, since we haven't played you in almost a decade. I do know that coach Taggart is good, and being in Tampa, your team must have a lot of raw talent for him to work with.

I know a lot of people call this a cop out excuse, but I am worried about the big, empty stadium affect, so I hope a lot of USF fans show up for the game. Here's to a good, clean, game! 04-cheers

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - baruna falls - 10-03-2014 08:10 AM

(10-03-2014 07:04 AM)HPbull24 Wrote:  I just wanted to go on record and say that USF will win next week vs the Pirates and before I get ridiculed let me explain.

1. "Styles make fights" I think we have the style of play that will give a team like ECU fits.Taggart will look to keep Carden and Co. on the sideline with slow paced drives that will utilize our very good TE's, RB's and WR, not to mention we have a very good FB as well.

2. USF defense really isn't getting enough credit, are we the Nebraska 'Blackshirts" of the 90's NO! But I think that we will be able to get pressure on Carden like we did Bridgewater last year, plus we have a bye week and coach Breezy is a very good and bright DC.

3. We have a 4-0 lead in the series. It gives both teams a little something extra to play for, ECU wants to get a victory in the series and USF wants to continue the streak. I think both teams bring their A game, I just think that USF will slow this game down so much that Carden in company wont really have enough time to hurt us. I also think that Taggart has looked at film on Stanford vs Oregon games, that is kind of like this game with a team that wants to get out and go 100mph vs a team that wants to slow it down and control that clock.

Va Tech, South Carolina and Carolina have a better D and O than USF. No team has stopped us from scoring less than 28 points. No one on this ECU teams knows anything about the series with USF, and I doubt they would even care about it if they knew.

I think USF is getting better and better. USF has good athletes but the style of O we run neutralizes the front seven because of our quick passing attack. The game will be decided by the USF DB's. It looks like USF struggles with their Offensive production. The Bulls will need to score alot of points to win this game. I just do not see it happening, this year. I do think however, that USF looks to be a growing threat in the AAC.

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - SublimeKnight - 10-03-2014 08:16 AM

(10-03-2014 07:15 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  I don't see USF having much of a chance, but as a fan all you can do it hope for the best and support your team.

Neither did Cincy last year.

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - PirateTreasureNC - 10-03-2014 08:21 AM

I haven't seen much of USF so far other than the scoreboards. I am interested to hear what you guys can do.

That said, the Pirates need to take care of this one too.

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - b0ndsj0ns - 10-03-2014 08:54 AM

I could make the same argument about your defense and how you guys haven't really been all that impressive against spread offenses. You guys looked pretty good on defense against Maryland and Wisconsin but against NC State you looked much less good. You haven't scored more than 17 points on any FBS defense this year, even while forcing 6 turnovers against Maryland. 17 points won't beat ECU.

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - blunderbuss - 10-03-2014 09:27 AM

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao at most of this post but especially #3.
Completely irrelevant.

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - Ned Low - 10-03-2014 09:41 AM

(10-03-2014 09:27 AM)blunderbuss Wrote:  

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao at most of this post but especially #3.
Completely irrelevant.

I was at the first game between our two schools; we lost a close one and finished 6-7 if I'm not mistaken.

We've lost three other times. Two of those losses were under the regime whose name shall be said aloud and the other was in Holtz's first bowl game.

As of now, I think we win going away. However, a lot can change in two weeks... good luck Saturday, Bulls.

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - ECUGrad07 - 10-03-2014 10:11 AM

USF...

Want some? Get some.

[Image: BwWSWL9IEAAWCXi.jpg:large]

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - CPR - 10-03-2014 10:51 AM

I'm just really looking forward to it because it's a night game. I can get my tailgaiting on and not be sweating balls all night watching the game in 90 degree heat. Should be exciting having a ranked team come in and play us for homecoming. I'm going in with limited expectations after watching our offense the last 2 seasons and your offense this season. It seems way too lopsided, but you never know...

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - ECU_Pirate - 10-03-2014 10:52 AM

[Image: tumblr_miexb965km1qcga5ro1_500.gif]

04-cheers

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - CPR - 10-03-2014 10:58 AM

Meh, what's wrong with having limited, realistic, expectations? Have you seen our offense the past 2 seasons? Don't get me wrong, I'm going to be pumped and positive during the game. I'm just not the type of fan that talks crap and has a hightened sense of fantasy when I know our team isn't very good. Those fans can get annoying.

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - PGPirate - 10-03-2014 11:32 AM

I do not care at all about USF right now. There is a more important game to focus on.

RE: USF vs ECU Next Week - DBpirate - 10-03-2014 12:29 PM

Didn't u face a similar up temp offense in nc state a couple weeks ago?

I don't see it either but u never know