CSNbbs
South Florida's Bowl Chances - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: South Florida's Bowl Chances (/thread-705941.html)

Pages: 1 2

South Florida's Bowl Chances - GoCats8 - 10-01-2014 09:12 AM

For you USF fans that have to deal with watching this passing game:

http://aacfootballfever.com/can-usf-bulls-go-bowling-with-mike-white-qb/

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - Cubanbull - 10-01-2014 10:58 AM

(10-01-2014 09:12 AM)GoCats8 Wrote:  For you USF fans that have to deal with watching this passing game:

http://aacfootballfever.com/can-usf-bulls-go-bowling-with-mike-white-qb/

While Mike White has struggled tis article doesnt really go in depth as to why the passing game has struggled.

1. The Offensive lines due to injuries and not playing up to even average expectations has not allowed White the time to pass. Heck even when they do now White is expecting a rush and rushing his passes.

2. The receivers have been horrific dropping passes even when the QB hits them right in the hands. This is partially due to our best and really only reliable WR being out to injury since the WC game.

So while White has to improve and hit those receivers. There are other bigger factors that must be addressed. Now the line looked better vs Wisconsin, White has been more accurate and we get Davis back for the ECU game. So we shall see if all of these factors improve the passing game.

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - Knights_of_UCF - 10-01-2014 10:59 AM

Good article and I agree. I thought bench looked better when he played earlier this season.

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - Cubanbull - 10-01-2014 11:08 AM

(10-01-2014 10:59 AM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  Good article and I agree. I thought bench looked better when he played earlier this season.

He looked better because the oline wasnt blocking and he is more mobile. But he is NOT the better QB in terms of passing ability and hitting the big pass plays

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - USFRamenu - 10-01-2014 01:25 PM

Neither White nor Bench are the answer. In fact the only thing I'm positive about this team is that they won't lose this weekend.

We've got a group of WR who should never have had a single scholarship offer by the look of how they played. The O-Line is abdominal. The D-line can't get it together, our Pass Defense is AWOL and our Play selection is questionable most of the time.

You can say you've seen improvement, I haven't. Even a blind Squirrel finds a nut once in a while. This team sucks. Most of them haven't even come close to playing at their potential. Mack is the only one who's shown real promise as for Tice, he hasn't had enough time for me to say one way or the other but, at least he hasn't stunk. 03-phew

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - firmbizzle - 10-01-2014 01:38 PM

Are you going to make a bowl? I say no.

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - BullsFanInTX - 10-01-2014 01:39 PM

(10-01-2014 10:59 AM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  Good article and I agree. I thought bench looked better when he played earlier this season.

White is FAR better than Bench IMO. His completion percentage would be much higher if not for so many drops. For example, he played well at Wisconsin. But his stats were like 8-19 for 180 or so. But in reality, it should have been about 12-19 for well over 200, maybe 250. His only pick was the direct result of a receiver dropping a ball that hit him right between the numbers. White has made solid improvement, even if the stats don't bear that out yet. I am confident that they will by the time the season is over.

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - BullsFanInTX - 10-01-2014 01:43 PM

(10-01-2014 01:25 PM)USFRamenu Wrote:  Neither White nor Bench are the answer. In fact the only thing I'm positive about this team is that they won't lose this weekend.

We've got a group of WR who should never have had a single scholarship offer by the look of how they played. The O-Line is abdominal. The D-line can't get it together, our Pass Defense is AWOL and our Play selection is questionable most of the time.

You can say you've seen improvement, I haven't. Even a blind Squirrel finds a nut once in a while. This team sucks. Most of them haven't even come close to playing at their potential. Mack is the only one who's shown real promise as for Tice, he hasn't had enough time for me to say one way or the other but, at least he hasn't stunk. 03-phew

White IS the answer or at least can be A answer in time. I am quite confident in this, despite the poor stats. He has shown steady improvement, especially during the Wisc game. Flat out drops are not his problem...they're the receivers. He's had no help from receivers or O Line. Once those improve, he'll be a very solid QB.

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - BullsFanInTX - 10-01-2014 01:45 PM

(10-01-2014 01:38 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Are you going to make a bowl? I say no.

Probably not, but I see no reason USF can't defeat several AAC teams like SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, etc. given the way they played against Wisconsin for the most part. I'm expecting about 5 wins...improvement over last year...and next year is when we improve to 8 or 9.

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - Bear - 10-01-2014 03:17 PM

A bowl this year? No.

2015... More than likely.

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - Bull - 10-01-2014 04:04 PM

(10-01-2014 01:39 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  

White is FAR better than Bench IMO. His completion percentage would be much higher if not for so many drops. For example, he played well at Wisconsin. But his stats were like 8-19 for 180 or so. But in reality, it should have been about 12-19 for well over 200, maybe 250. His only pick was the direct result of a receiver dropping a ball that hit him right between the numbers. White has made solid improvement, even if the stats don't bear that out yet. I am confident that they will by the time the season is over.

Totally agree. The drops and int have been absolutely criminal...

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - No Bull - 10-01-2014 05:02 PM

I have seen 3 USF games this year. The offense is pretty bad. QB play is lousy. I really and honestly have seen little evidence that White can be answer at QB. The running game just so-so.

However, I think the defense is pretty solid. I think this team has some heart. I think the Bulls get the 6 wins they need to become bowl eligible.

Two sure fire wins. Tulsa and SMU.
One sure loss to ECU.
One probable loss to Cincy.

So USF just has to win two out of the other three games.

Houston, UCF, and Memphis, are infinitely beatable.

UCF can barely beat the Bulls last year at home. UCF will have problems beating the Bulls in Tampa.
Houston is capable of Coogin it on the road in Tampa.
Memphis is Memphis until proven otherwise.....

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - Cubanbull - 10-01-2014 05:04 PM

(10-01-2014 05:02 PM)No Bull Wrote:  I have seen 3 USF games this year. The offense is pretty bad. QB play is lousy. The running game just so-so. I think the Defense is pretty solid. I think this team has heart. I think the Bulls get the 6 wins they need to become bowl eligible.

50-50 shot
My bet right now 4-8 or 5-7

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - No Bull - 10-01-2014 05:11 PM

(10-01-2014 05:04 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 05:02 PM)No Bull Wrote:  I have seen 3 USF games this year. The offense is pretty bad. QB play is lousy. The running game just so-so. I think the Defense is pretty solid. I think this team has heart. I think the Bulls get the 6 wins they need to become bowl eligible.

50-50 shot

You'll get 6 wins.

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - Cubanbull - 10-01-2014 05:21 PM

(10-01-2014 05:11 PM)No Bull Wrote:  

50-50 shot

You'll get 6 wins.

Looking at our schedule
We have TWO must win games vs Tulsa and SMU both on the road. That would be four.
That would lead two more wins out of
ECU,Houston and UCF at home
UC and Memphis on the road

We will be underdogs in those five games. So we would need two upsets

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - No Bull - 10-01-2014 05:26 PM

(10-01-2014 05:21 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  

50-50 shot

You'll get 6 wins.

Looking at our schedule
We have TWO must win games vs Tulsa and SMU both on the road. That would be four.

UCF and Houston are in Tampa. Winnable games.
Memphis might be a good team this year..but I am not convinced yet. I think the Bulls could beat the Tigers in Memphis...

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - Cubanbull - 10-01-2014 05:28 PM

(10-01-2014 05:26 PM)No Bull Wrote:  

50-50 shot

You'll get 6 wins.

Looking at our schedule

Memphis might be a good team this year..but I am not convinced yet. I think the Bulls could beat the Tigers in Memphis...

Winnable? Yes but you can't count them as wins. The facts are as I said we probably be at best even odds in one or two of those games at best. So no room for slipping. We MUST win the two I listed and upset two of the others. That's why I say 50-50 shot at best

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - No Bull - 10-01-2014 05:33 PM

(10-01-2014 05:28 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 05:04 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  50-50 shot

You'll get 6 wins.

Looking at our schedule

Winnable? Yes but you can't count them as wins. The facts are as I said we probably be at best even odds in one or two of those games at best. So no room for slipping. We MUST win the two I listed and upset two of the others. That's why I say 50-50 shot at best

Tune in to the UCF vs. Houston game. I suspect that one of the two..is actually a pretty bad football team... How good is Memphis? Can Cincy be upset?

RE: South Florida's Bowl Chances - Cubanbull - 10-01-2014 06:25 PM

(10-01-2014 05:33 PM)No Bull Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 05:28 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 05:11 PM)No Bull Wrote:  You'll get 6 wins.

Looking at our schedule

Tune in to the UCF vs. Houston game. I suspect that one of the two..is actually a pretty bad football team... How good is Memphis? Can Cincy be upset?

True but you have seen us play. Sometime we can't even get out of our way.

South Florida's Bowl Chances - tnzazz - 10-01-2014 06:49 PM

50-50 shot

You'll get 6 wins.

Looking at our schedule

Sounds like bull chit to me as far as you beating Memphis.