CSNbbs
AP recap of VT game from via BC Enquirer - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: AP recap of VT game from via BC Enquirer (/thread-705599.html)

AP recap of VT game from via BC Enquirer - BaldingBroncoFan - 09-29-2014 08:13 AM

Basic summary but some nice pictures.
http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story/sports/college/2014/09/27/virginia-tech-tops-western-michigan/16344081/

RE: AP recap of VT game from via BC Enquirer - Motown Bronco - 09-29-2014 09:39 AM

Looking back at the OOC part of the schedule, we came into the season hoping for this - at minimum - to show improvement:

- Beat Idaho and Murray State
- Be competitive at Va Tech and Purdue

Anything beyond this would've been gravy. While it would've been great to beat Purdue and the opening minutes at VT were ugly, I think we accomplished showing that improvement over last season. It's just a matter of continuing to see this as we head into conference play.

Going .500 in the MAC (4-4) is not an unrealistic goal, especially if we stay healthy. I'm still thinking UT and NIU are losses, even at home, and @ BG still feels like a tough get. We'll probably be Vegas underdogs in all games except EMU and maybe Miami. But most contests could go any way.

RE: AP recap of VT game from via BC Enquirer - BaldingBroncoFan - 09-29-2014 10:23 AM

The 8th picture in the slideshow is awesome. All Brandt needs is a cape.

RE: AP recap of VT game from via BC Enquirer - toddjnsn - 09-29-2014 03:18 PM

WMU getting to 4-4 is going to be tough. Can happen, without any notable injuries... but I wouldn't bank on it.

IN-THE-BAG LOSSES: Toledo, NIU
LIKELY LOSSES: @BGSU, @CMU
WINNABLE BEING MILD UNDERDOG: @BSU, Ohio
LOSEABLE BEING MILD FAVORITES: EMU, @Miami-OH

Do I see us going 4-4? No. I see it being a toss-up between going 2-6 or 3-5, leaning on 3-5 if no key season-long injuries.

NOT LIKELY: 3-9 (going 1-7 in the MAC)
LIKELY: 4-8 (going 2-6 in the MAC)
LIKELY: 5-7 (going 3-5 in the MAC)
NOT LIKELY: 6-6 (going 4-4 in MAC)
YOU'RE DREAMING: 7-5 (going 5-3 in MAC)
WET DREAM, BOAT'S FLOODING: 8-4 (going 6-2 in MAC)

RE: AP recap of VT game from via BC Enquirer - ChuckNorris - 09-29-2014 04:55 PM

(09-29-2014 03:18 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  WMU getting to 4-4 is going to be tough. Can happen, without any notable injuries... but I wouldn't bank on it.

IN-THE-BAG LOSSES: Toledo, NIU
LIKELY LOSSES: @BGSU, @CMU
WINNABLE BEING MILD UNDERDOG: @BSU, Ohio
LOSEABLE BEING MILD FAVORITES: EMU, @Miami-OH

Do I see us going 4-4? No. I see it being a toss-up between going 2-6 or 3-5, leaning on 3-5 if no key season-long injuries.

NOT LIKELY: 3-9 (going 1-7 in the MAC)
LIKELY: 4-8 (going 2-6 in the MAC)
LIKELY: 5-7 (going 3-5 in the MAC)
NOT LIKELY: 6-6 (going 4-4 in MAC)
YOU'RE DREAMING: 7-5 (going 5-3 in MAC)
WET DREAM, BOAT'S FLOODING: 8-4 (going 6-2 in MAC)

Before the season I would have agreed that Toledo is a sure loss. Now that we've played four games, I don't feel that way anymore. This team made some big time mistakes against VT, but still made it a great game. VT was coming off two losses, playing a homecoming game, and looked very fired up before the game. We weathered the storm and made a game out of it. I think if we play with that same attitude against Toledo, we've certainly got a.......say........35% chance?

RE: AP recap of VT game from via BC Enquirer - toddjnsn - 09-29-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:We weathered the storm and made a game out of it. I think if we play with that same attitude against Toledo, we've certainly got a.......say........35% chance?

I would say 35% if Toledo wasn't going to be much focused on us, but I see it as a 25% chance. CMU had Rawls & Davis back -- the team that beat Purdue pretty soundly... and Toledo kept them at arms-length the whole game and scored a lot on them.

Toledo's D will allow us to score, but we'll need Toledo have "one of those not-so-good-nights" and also turning the ball over -- while we bring a sound, smart, low-penalty, no-turnover game to pull it off.

If CMU benched Rawls & Davis was still banged up -- and the same results occurred -- I'd say we'd have a 45% chance.

But, stranger things have happened. We beat Toledo but lose to EMU. 03-wink

RE: AP recap of VT game from via BC Enquirer - ChuckNorris - 09-29-2014 05:17 PM

(09-29-2014 05:15 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  But, stranger things have happened. We beat Toledo but lose to EMU. 03-wink

I could live with that 04-cheers