CSNbbs
USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy (/thread-705193.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - FrancisDrake - 09-26-2014 09:41 AM

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 13m
USF, Northern Illinois schedule home/home series, sources told @ESPN. 2016 at USF, 2017 at NIU

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - HuskieJohn - 09-26-2014 09:45 AM

NIU at USF September 10, 2016
NIU vs. USF September 23, 2017

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - fishpro1098 - 09-26-2014 10:43 AM

What's important here, games, or relationship building?

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - FrancisDrake - 09-26-2014 10:46 AM

If you're asking me, I was just sharing info. NIU has had some quality success lately. Not a bad game for USF.

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - No Bull - 09-26-2014 10:56 AM

Beat NIU and you get no respect because they are not P5. Lose to them and people just say...you were suppose to win..after all it is a MAC team.

Why schedule the most dominant program in the MAC?

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - Chappy - 09-26-2014 11:00 AM

(09-26-2014 10:56 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Why schedule the most dominant program in the MAC?

Because whether we like it or not, we are competing with the MAC for the same access bowl spot. USF needs to take out one of their top teams.

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - CyberBull - 09-26-2014 11:05 AM

(09-26-2014 10:56 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Beat NIU and you get no respect because they are not P5. Lose to them and people just say...you were suppose to win..after all it is a MAC team.

No disrespect to NIU....but if we are concerned about scheduling the most dominant program in the MAC we have bigger issues as a program and conference.

Ideally, the games are played with both teams ranked in the Top 25 as that would help with overall SOS for USF and the conference. Same holds true for NIU and the MAC....so it's a good agreement for both sides.

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - No Bull - 09-26-2014 11:13 AM

Cyber. NIU is a really good program. a bcs appearance or two...they beat Big 10 teams pretty regularly. They could proabbaly beat any team in the AAC with the exception of ECU.

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - NBPirate - 09-26-2014 11:18 AM

(09-26-2014 11:13 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Cyber. NIU is a really good program. a bcs appearance or two...they beat Big 10 teams pretty regularly. They could proabbaly beat any team in the AAC with the exception of ECU.

One BCS appearance in which they were blown out.

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - HuskieJohn - 09-26-2014 11:23 AM

(09-26-2014 10:56 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Beat NIU and you get no respect because they are not P5. Lose to them and people just say...you were suppose to win..after all it is a MAC team.

Because our AD can sell ice to an Eskimo and make him feel great about the purchase.

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - Bleeds_Purple - 09-26-2014 11:23 AM

Totally disagree. If you're a college football fan and you don't know NIU is a quality program then I don't respect your opinion anyway. Also you know what they say about people and glass houses? What you said about not getting respect for beating them and if you lose to them you weren't supposed to sounds like some P5 would say about playing Quality American programs like East Carolina Cincinnati and UCF.

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - Cubanbull - 09-26-2014 11:27 AM

We have played and beaten NIU in the past. As someone said we are competing with the MAC champions for the Access Bowl spot so if one of our schools can beat one of the MACs best program its a good deal for the conference.

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - panite - 09-26-2014 11:31 AM

NIU would not be a bad replacement if the B-12 takes BYU and Cinn down the road to go to 12 teams and a Conference Championship Game again. Gets the AAC back into the Chicago market that it lost with DePaul going to the BE with the other Catholic BB schools. There are probably better candidates but NIU would not be bad with the recent success they have been enjoying. 07-coffee3

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - Bleeds_Purple - 09-26-2014 11:34 AM

(09-26-2014 11:31 AM)panite Wrote:  NIU would not be a bad replacement if the B-12 takes ECU and Cinn down the road to go to 12 teams and a Conference Championship Game again. Gets the AAC back into the Chicago market that it lost with DePaul going to the BE with the other Catholic BB schools. There are probably better candidates but NIU would not be bad with the recent success they have been enjoying. 07-coffee3
Fixed it for you 02-13-banana

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - Cubanbull - 09-26-2014 11:37 AM

USF's Future Schedules
Home: Florida AM, Syracuse
AWAY: Maryland and Florida State
Home: Towson, Northern Illinois, Florida State
Away: Syracuse
Home: Stony Brook, Illinois, Wisconsin
Away: Northern Illinois

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - TyBull - 09-26-2014 11:59 AM

(09-26-2014 09:45 AM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  NIU at USF September 10, 2016
NIU vs. USF September 23, 2017

Whatever 03-zzz

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - Bear - 09-26-2014 12:02 PM

(09-26-2014 11:37 AM)Cubanbull Wrote:  USF's Future Schedules
Home: Florida AM, Syracuse
AWAY: Maryland and Florida State
Home: Towson, Northern Illinois, Florida State
Away: Syracuse
Home: Stony Brook, Illinois, Wisconsin
Away: Northern Illinois

seems legit

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - BullsFanInTX - 09-26-2014 12:05 PM

USF already has 2-3 "p5" opponents every year so adding niu is no big deal. It filled out the schedule.

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - HP-TBDPITL - 09-26-2014 12:10 PM

While I do understand the angle of beating their top team...I see no reason for this move by USF. You have to give them a road game and NIU does nothing to sell tickets in your stadium. And you are likely not going to Illinios for recruiting purposes.

Am I missing something here?

They'd be better off scheduling FIU or FAU home and home...or Georgia Southern or South Alabama or Georgia State.

I can understand why NIU wants to schedule this...they get an AAC team in their place, and they get to go to Florida for recruiting...win/win.

What is going on at USF?

RE: USF & NIU ink home and home per Brett McMurphy - No Bull - 09-26-2014 12:25 PM

(09-26-2014 12:10 PM)HP-TBDPITL Wrote:  While I do understand the angle of beating their top team...I see no reason for this move by USF. You have to give them a road game and NIU does nothing to sell tickets in your stadium. And you are likely not going to Illinios for recruiting purposes.

Am I missing something here?

They'd be better off scheduling FIU or FAU home and home...or Georgia Southern or South Alabama or Georgia State.

I can understand why NIU wants to schedule this...they get an AAC team in their place, and they get to go to Florida for recruiting...win/win.

What is going on at USF?

Plus, real good chance USF loses...