CSNbbs
dead thread, please ignore - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: dead thread, please ignore (/thread-705014.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

dead thread, please ignore - Fuquay Pirate - 09-24-2014 10:27 PM

Please stop trying to make this board about all things ECU. You're starting to embarrass the rest of us. A little modesty goes a long way.

RE: Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - ecumbh1999 - 09-24-2014 10:33 PM

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=13603&am...mp;thumb=1]

RE: Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - ECUGrad07 - 09-24-2014 11:21 PM

Agreed. We don't have to have 60% of the threads about us. There are lots of good teams/topics in this conference. We may have the largest presence on this board, but listening makes more friends than speaking.

Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - Pony94 - 09-24-2014 11:24 PM

Enjoy it while you can

RE: Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - GoHouston - 09-24-2014 11:29 PM

Go for it ECU! 04-cheers

It doesnt bother me. I guess some folks on here may need to grow a pair. 03-nutkick

Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - Pony94 - 09-24-2014 11:30 PM

(09-24-2014 11:29 PM)GoHouston Wrote:  Go for it ECU! 04-cheers

It doesnt bother me. I guess some folks on here may need to grow a pair. 03-nutkick

Don't sleep on the ECU

RE: Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - Kronke - 09-24-2014 11:32 PM

Doesn't bother me at all. ECU are my ride or die homies, and it's pretty funny whenever jealous UCF fans come in and rain on the parade because ECU is stealing their spotlight.

Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - Pony94 - 09-24-2014 11:34 PM

(09-24-2014 11:32 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Doesn't bother me at all. ECU are my ride or die homies, and it's pretty funny whenever jealous UCF fans come in and rain on the parade because ECU is stealing their spotlight.

This year it is ECU and last year was UCF

RE: Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - GoHouston - 09-24-2014 11:36 PM

(09-24-2014 11:32 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Doesn't bother me at all. ECU are my ride or die homies, and it's pretty funny whenever jealous UCF fans come in and rain on the parade because ECU is stealing their spotlight.

I agree. I'm a purple wearing Cougar this year. Go Get 'Em Pirates!

RE: Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - Piratelife4me - 09-24-2014 11:37 PM

No need for more than 3 threads a week.

1.Each week have a game thread.
*In game talk and pre-game lead up

2.Pat ourselves on the back thread.
*Articles and Clippings
*Rankings, yes all ranking in one thread CBS,AP,Coaches,SI ect.....
*National achievements/awards for Shane and the rest of the team

3. Whatever else thread
*Pictures/GIF's/Meme
*What my co-worker said about the game
*Which conference will provide the ref's
*Anything that starts with,"This is really cool, thought I would share"
*Video's
*Anything written by SB nation

Yet there is 20 or so threads since the UNC game.

Sorry for non-ECU fans and Sorry for the ECU fans who feel like this has gotten out of hand.

RE: Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - shere khan - 09-24-2014 11:58 PM

keep up the good work ecu fans. i dont know why some people get their panties in a wad over stuff like this. some group of idiot aliases from the acc, cusa, the mac and the mwcwac troll us every day with- will byu join, p5 nonsense, g5 nonsense. its not exactly like electrons are being wasted.

party on pirates, good stuff. just dont turn into someone like maize who felt obliged to tell us every time teddy bridgewater made a doo doo

RE: Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - fishpro1098 - 09-25-2014 12:14 AM

(09-24-2014 10:27 PM)Fuquay Pirate Wrote:  Please stop trying to make this board about all things ECU. You're starting to embarrass the rest of us. A little modesty goes a long way.

Don't sweat it. We are big boys (and girls here). We know how to ignore.

If you think ECU is bad, wait till Temple makes a run (could take 50 years, but who's counting). I guarantee you Temple fans will be insufferable if we get on a run anything like ECU. In addition to football, you'll get posts as obscure as the number of owl species state by state. Really, enjoy the run. You've earned it.

That being said, it is more valued if other team's fans recognize your success rather than beating your own chest.

RE: Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - PirateJeff - 09-25-2014 06:41 AM

I must have a misunderstanding of this board. I thought it suppose to be more like a bunch of us hanging out at a sports bar enjoying college football centered around the AAC not some stiff place where we have to count up post from our own U in order to know if we should post or not post. Actually, I hope more fans from other schools post all kinds of "crap" about their school that will be one of the best reasons to cheer for Cincy over OSU. I actually enjoy the fans view of information. If I just want information there are plenty of sites that I can google for information. There where plenty of post started by other schools fans after the UNC win as well. As long as, we as ECU fans, can deal with other school fans after a successful couple of weeks I am not sure where the problem is. The beauty of these boards is if it does not sound interesting you keep scrolling; if you open it and it is not of interest click the back button. It is not like you are cornered in a personal conversation and can't find a gentlemanly way to end it. The board is suppose to be fun, informative (even trivial), relaxed and sometimes intense, but certainly not formal and stiff. Some people just cannot stand not having controll with a bunch of rules and regulations. Just let it be organic in nature. I am done with my 2 cents and will continue to interact as I choose on this board (until banned).

RE: Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - goodknightfl - 09-25-2014 06:49 AM

(09-24-2014 11:34 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  

This year it is ECU and last year was UCF

Time will tell the season is young. It may well be Cincy's year.

RE: Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - Bearcat2012 - 09-25-2014 06:56 AM

Actually there are more BYU threads than ECU now. 07-coffee3

Disagree..... - First Mate - 09-25-2014 07:27 AM

(09-24-2014 10:27 PM)Fuquay Pirate Wrote:  Please stop trying to make this board about all things ECU. You're starting to embarrass the rest of us. A little modesty goes a long way.

This is an online forum. Posting is what you are "supposed" to do. It is not our fault the other fan bases don't want to post about their team. If you don't want to read the post then don't click on it.

I don't mind reading about the other teams and I don't care if they post whatever. I want the noise to stay up for ECU and all the AAC teams. We are all in this together. Don't get your panties in a wad over it.

RE: Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - PuddlePirate - 09-25-2014 07:29 AM

There aren't many original or interesting conference related threads on the board lately and ECU is hot so even though it can be a bit over the top I'm quite certain that, as an earlier Temple poster said, if it were another school we'd be seeing the same thing. I seem to remember a hell of a lot of UCF threads last year for that matter. But, some of the ECU related threads have been just ridiculous, like when we changed out the turf in DFS... Did something like that really need a thread here, as if anyone else in the conference gave 2 $hits. We have an ECU board here, no reason we shouldn't be using it for subjects specific to ECU. Just my 2 cents. 04-cheers

RE: Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - HuskyU - 09-25-2014 07:34 AM

If people don't wanna read the ECU threads then they don't have to open them.

Post as you please. 04-cheers

RE: Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - rulethirty - 09-25-2014 07:52 AM

Pretty sure we've all been in a conference with ECU before, with exception to maybe temple.

We know how it goes. The bravado lasts until about mid year when they drop a game they shouldn't. Most ECU fans disappear in a flash, the left over ones make excuses for a little while then mellow out once its time to re-plant the tabacco.

Rinse repeat.

RE: Fellow Pirates, we're begging you..... - HP-TBDPITL - 09-25-2014 08:03 AM

I don't think that every article should be posted, but the issue is that ECU is in the spotlight right now since they are ranked and the national media is looking for an early season story.

I think Temple and Memphis so far are big stories within the conference...and Cincy may join this week. Unfortunately USF, UConn, Tulsa and SMU have had nothing to cheer about (except maybe June Jones firing). Houston's first game still lingers and Tulane is really just celebrating their OCS. UCF fans are likely disappointed thus far, although I have a feeling they will be in the mix at the top as the conference season progresses.

I'm all for discussion/content about all of the schools...but you can't really deny a school their 15 minutes (which who knows, may last all season) if the national media is talking about them.