CSNbbs
This commercial gives me chills - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+----- Thread: This commercial gives me chills (/thread-704746.html)

This commercial gives me chills - Chipdip2 - 09-22-2014 10:21 PM

I spent three years teaching in a multi age classroom with another teacher. My teaching partner was the K Central homecoming queen, and Jeter was the homecoming king. She and some others in her class were invited to a private party with Jeter a few years back. She said he was humble in high school and was really hadn't changed. I think that's why the guy is so popular. He's just not full of himself.

There used to be a bar downtown, forget the name (next to the Library and where the current Mlive building is). We were in their with some co-workers, and Jeter was in there. He was still in the minor leagues. Only a handful of people even knew who he was, even though he was the number one pick in the baseball draft two years earlier.

Anyway, this commercial kicks azz.

RE: This commercial give me chills - BCBronco - 09-22-2014 11:00 PM

(09-22-2014 10:21 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  I spent three years teaching in a multi age classroom with another teacher. My teaching partner was the K Central homecoming queen, and Jeter was the homecoming king. She and some others in her class were invited to a private party with Jeter a few years back. She said he was humble in high school and was really hadn't changed. I think that's why the guy is so popular. He's just not full of himself.

There used to be a bar downtown, forget the name (next to the Library and where the current Mlive building is). We were in their with some co-workers, and Jeter was in there. He was still in the minor leagues. Only a handful of people even knew who he was, even though he was the number one pick in the baseball draft two years earlier.

Anyway, this commercial kicks azz.

That's nice, thank you for sharing. Years ago I was in a position to give a grant to Jeter's turn 2 foundation. I had a chance to meet Jeter, his father Dr. Charles Jeter, Harold Reynolds, and Jackie Robinson's daughter. All of them were very easy-going and humble. Needless to say, it was a nice day for me.

A year or so later, I was visiting a middle school in New York City, I met a young lady wearing a Derek Jeter T-shirt. I told her that I was from Derek Jeter's hometown of Kalamazoo. She did not believe me. When I got back to Kalamazoo I called Dr. Jeter and he arranged for Darrick to send a personally autographed baseball to each student in the class. That was a very gracious gesture on Derricks part. A few weeks later, the teacher of the disbelieving young student called me and put her very excited student on the phone to express her appreciation. I had almost forgotten about that experience until I saw your video. Thanks for the memories.

RE: This commercial gives me chills - Chipdip2 - 09-22-2014 11:23 PM

That's a great story.

RE: This commercial gives me chills - Kimbosucks - 09-23-2014 10:20 AM

It is cool.

Only complaint I have ever had aboit jeter is he has rarely given anything at all to his high school baseball team at central. My son will playon jeter field but he has not really given much back. I know he has done more for his travel team than his high school team. I have met jeter a few times over the years and he has always been humble and gracious. A great representative of Kalamazoo.

RE: This commercial gives me chills - BCBronco - 09-26-2014 07:36 AM

Jeter hits a walk off single to win his final game at Yankee Stadium. Almost epic.

RE: This commercial gives me chills - thegeneral - 09-26-2014 08:22 AM

Amazing and unbelievable. The O's score three in the top of the 9th to tie it too.

I'm in the Keith Olberman camp though. Extremely overrated player. Deserves everything the Yankees do for him, but the MLB love-fest is a bit much.

[Image: Derek_Jeter.jpg]

RE: This commercial gives me chills - BCBronco - 09-26-2014 08:27 AM

(09-26-2014 08:22 AM)thegeneral Wrote:  Amazing and unbelievable. The O's score three in the top of the 9th to tie it too.

I'm in the Keith Olberman camp though. Extremely overrated player. Deserves everything the Yankees do for him, but the MLB love-fest is a bit much.

Yeah, I got a kick out of that Olberman rant too. Funny.

RE: This commercial gives me chills - Chipdip2 - 09-26-2014 09:02 AM

Oberman confuses "cutting edge" with being an azz. He's a classic example of an idiot thinking he's the smartest guy in the room.

Fired once, maybe a mistake. Fired 6 times, you're probably an idiot.

RE: This commercial gives me chills - BCBronco - 09-26-2014 09:10 AM

Whatever anyone says, parody or not , Jeter is clutch.

RE: This commercial gives me chills - thegeneral - 09-26-2014 09:41 AM

His 3000th hit being a home run was cool too.

RE: This commercial gives me chills - Kimbosucks - 09-27-2014 04:12 PM

(09-26-2014 08:22 AM)thegeneral Wrote:  Amazing and unbelievable. The O's score three in the top of the 9th to tie it too.

[Image: Derek_Jeter.jpg]

General if that was my situation, there would be 15 young women in that picture. Not sure how good of a human i would be.COGS