CSNbbs
We played Johnny Football a year too late - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: We played Johnny Football a year too late (/thread-704275.html)

We played Johnny Football a year too late - Fort Bend Owl - 09-20-2014 06:54 AM

Do you think that if we had played Johnny Football in 2014, he would have been suspended for the entire game and not just the first half? Winston is now suspended for the entire FSU-Clemson football game.

I do get the impression that college presidents are not going to stand for a light slap on the wrist for off-the-field incidents anymore.

RE: We played Johnny Football a year too late - Da.Owl - 09-20-2014 06:59 AM

(09-20-2014 06:54 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Do you think that if we had played Johnny Football in 2014, he would have been suspended for the entire game and not just the first half? Winston is now suspended for the entire FSU-Clemson football game.

I do get the impression that college presidents are not going to stand for a light slap on the wrist for off-the-field incidents anymore.

P5 posturing ... trying to show they care about real issues and not just the $ $ $ $

RE: We played Johnny Football a year too late - loki_the_bubba - 09-20-2014 09:44 AM

Considering they scored 28 inn the first half versus 24 in the second, and Joeckel threw for 190 yard versus Manziel's 94, I doubt it would have made much difference.

RE: We played Johnny Football a year too late - tramile12 - 09-21-2014 05:54 PM

Also important to note that A$M has no higher standards or class to speak of, so they would never have changed the penalty to an entire game. Never.

RE: We played Johnny Football a year too late - Antarius - 09-22-2014 11:39 AM

Winston seems to have really ticked off Jimbo Fisher. I don't think Manziel managed to do the same to his coach. As a result Manziel was suspended for the obligatory "we sort of care about this stuff" while Winston got punished a little bit more.