CSNbbs
Out of conference games - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Out of conference games (/thread-703859.html)

Out of conference games - Babes boy - 09-16-2014 09:34 PM

Just wondering why the Rockets have never played MSU. they are close and I am sure we would travel very well to that game. How about you guys. What team would you think we would travel well to see our team kickass. GO ROCKETS!!!!

RE: Out of conference games - Boca Rocket - 09-16-2014 09:49 PM

Attempts have been made to schedule them and some of the ACC schools and they said no. Now with the Big 5, there's even less of a chance.

RE: Out of conference games - Campbell4President - 09-16-2014 10:42 PM

With the Big Ten being so weak lately, I would guess that they would really change their supposed new stance on limiting games with the MAC. The Big Ten really can't afford to lose all of their OOC games by playing the SEC, PAC 12, and Big 12 and Wake Forest, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt can only play so many OOC games each year. I'd guess that they may take a hard look at not scheduling NIU but may want to start scheduling the rest of the MAC so they can have enough bowl eligible teams.

RE: Out of conference games - Terry - 09-17-2014 08:30 AM

Saw on an interview where Dantonio said MSU doesn't shy away from anybody because they were playing Oregon. But he won't play Toledo on a neutral field (Ford Field).

RE: Out of conference games - Babes boy - 09-17-2014 09:12 AM

I'm sure some of them are afraid that they will get ambushed.

RE: Out of conference games - UofToledoFans - 09-17-2014 09:38 AM

Probably not afraid just skeptical. We have a good resume vs. the big10. 2-0 both at MSU they would accept but i doubt MOB would offer that when teams do come to the Glass City.

RE: Out of conference games - rocketinchitown - 09-17-2014 09:51 AM

Nothing in it for MSU to play Toledo. With WMU, CMU, and EMU, they are playing a fellow Michigan team. Same with Ohio State, haven't seen any of the directional teams at OSU either.

Plus, MSU at Ford Field would be a disaster. Yes Toledo fans would travel, but itd be just like the disaster in Cleveland with the Browns Stadium. Hopefully not so many switch fans though.

RE: Out of conference games - Boca Rocket - 09-17-2014 10:21 AM

(09-17-2014 09:51 AM)rocketinchitown Wrote:  Nothing in it for MSU to play Toledo. With WMU, CMU, and EMU, they are playing a fellow Michigan team. Same with Ohio State, haven't seen any of the directional teams at OSU either.

Plus, MSU at Ford Field would be a disaster. Yes Toledo fans would travel, but itd be just like the disaster in Cleveland with the Browns Stadium. Hopefully not so many switch fans though.

And what do they get out of having FAU or Youngstown State on the schedule?

RE: Out of conference games - rocketinchitown - 09-17-2014 10:37 AM

Automatic Win

RE: Out of conference games - Rocket A - 09-17-2014 05:54 PM

MSU did 3 for 1's with the directional Michigan schools, as a Toledo fan, I don't want a 3 for 1. I would settle for a 2 for 1, but my understanding is that MSU has NO interest.

RE: Out of conference games - MidnightBlueGold - 09-17-2014 06:11 PM

I would love a neutral site game at Ford Field. A 1-1, with UT's game at FF would be awesome.

RE: Out of conference games - toddjnsn - 09-18-2014 12:15 AM

Quote:I would settle for a 2 for 1, but my understanding is that MSU has NO interest.

I think MSU would be willing to do a "2 for 1", with the 1 being in Ford Field as your 'home' site -- *IF* they were interested in you guys, as you'd have a good amount of fans there, as would they (good ticket sales for an 'away' game by them for a mid-major; 30k MSU, 15k Toledo?).

Why no interest? You're that Good Mid Major that isn't good enough to bring the major Ups of beating (like Boise, Cinci, ECU) -- but enough on paper and reality where the loss would hurt more than it should. An exception would be if you were in the same state, but you're not -- so why do all that?

I know when Illinois played WMU at Ford Field, during one of WMU's good years of '08, and won -- Illinois fans were PISSED with "Why in the hell did we play them there?!"

I think MSU would rather play an in-state MAC team, an AAC team (for their namesake), or national-recognized Good Mid-Major outside the former Big East -- where NIU seems to be fitting in somewhat, and Boise has solidly already.

Toledo's team to MSU is "better not make it close, or you'll be frowned upon; the win gives less than it should, while a potential loss would take away more than it should".

But hey, if Toledo goes 12-2 this year and the next -- then I think teams like MSU would think differently.

RE: Out of conference games - Boca Rocket - 09-18-2014 07:02 AM

(09-18-2014 12:15 AM)toddjnsn Wrote:  
Quote:I would settle for a 2 for 1, but my understanding is that MSU has NO interest.

I think MSU would be willing to do a "2 for 1", with the 1 being in Ford Field as your 'home' site -- *IF* they were interested in you guys, as you'd have a good amount of fans there, as would they (good ticket sales for an 'away' game by them for a mid-major; 30k MSU, 15k Toledo?).

Why no interest? You're that Good Mid Major that isn't good enough to bring the major Ups of beating (like Boise, Cinci, ECU) -- but enough on paper and reality where the loss would hurt more than it should. An exception would be if you were in the same state, but you're not -- so why do all that?

I know when Illinois played WMU at Ford Field, during one of WMU's good years of '08, and won -- Illinois fans were PISSED with "Why in the hell did we play them there?!"

I think MSU would rather play an in-state MAC team, an AAC team (for their namesake), or national-recognized Good Mid-Major outside the former Big East -- where NIU seems to be fitting in somewhat, and Boise has solidly already.

Toledo's team to MSU is "better not make it close, or you'll be frowned upon; the win gives less than it should, while a potential loss would take away more than it should".

But hey, if Toledo goes 12-2 this year and the next -- then I think teams like MSU would think differently.

Penn State, and Michigan have jumped right up to scheduled UT...