CSNbbs
A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need (/thread-703079.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - FredJay - 09-12-2014 04:45 PM

Csont'e York

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - eastisbest - 09-12-2014 05:08 PM

He's not a transfer, he's an enrollee. He's from not far away, so enrolling at UT, where they might well have in-state tuition, not a bizarre option. If the sports dept. had something to do with encouraging the enrollment? I don't think I'd put that in my good basket.

Hope he does well at UT, gets life in order and becomes a good alum. He's every right to be here.

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - MotoRocket - 09-12-2014 05:58 PM

Where is he from? I guess I would also consider his grades and standing as a student and knowing more facts about the incident to know if this is a potential problem. I would think once the facts are out, a decision will be made as to whether he can join the team or not.

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - rocketpaul - 09-12-2014 07:07 PM

If the facts match the article I doubt he will ever play for the Rockets

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - TampaRocket - 09-12-2014 07:12 PM

If he can play D or catch a pass I'll take him...lol

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - Toledo Football 1st - 09-12-2014 09:47 PM

Yeah. I read the he is enrolled, but that doesn't mean he'll ever play ball here.

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - Rocket04 - 09-12-2014 10:16 PM

Can he coach?

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - falconplucker - 09-14-2014 10:21 AM

I'm not sure that I am comfortable with the following quotes: “We are aware that Csont’e York has enrolled as a student at the University of Toledo,” the athletic department official said in an email to The Detroit News. “He is not on athletic scholarship. His status with our football program will be determined at a future time.”

I saw the you tube video of his assault, and he basically sucker punched the guy. There appeared to be some words exchanged before the assault, but the victim did not appear at all like he was ready for a fight. I would have felt much better with a response stating that there has been no contact between the athletic department and Csont'e versus "his status with our football program will be determined at a future time". Maybe... this was a one time thing and maybe... he deserves a second chance somewhere, but I feel Toledo is way too close to Ann Arbor for that to happen and it makes the program look bad. I would hope that he just moves on.

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - MidnightBlueGold - 09-14-2014 10:49 AM

He better never be a part of the team. Watching that video, he is a POS.

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - Toledo Football 1st - 09-14-2014 02:03 PM

I don't know what the words were that were exchanged, but I would be willing to listen.

I didn't see the video, though.

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - Toledo Football 1st - 09-19-2014 10:43 PM

Now I have seen the video.

Story on BCSN

Quote:“I got nerves and scared about the situation so I hit the guy,” York said, according to the police report.

Yeah. The horror. [eyeroll]

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - MidnightBlueGold - 09-19-2014 10:59 PM

It will be beyond embarrassing if he is ever allowed on the team.

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - pono - 09-20-2014 05:00 AM

there was clearly some beef between the two pairs of guys.i can't tell who was instigating, but that was the mother of all sucker punches. the guy he hit was big and was half killed by the punch. it looked like one of those instances where a guy might push another from the side but not square him up and slug him.

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - eastisbest - 09-20-2014 05:31 AM

(09-14-2014 10:21 AM)falconplucker Wrote:  I'm not sure that I am comfortable with the following quotes: “We are aware that Csont’e York has enrolled as a student at the University of Toledo,” the athletic department official said in an email to The Detroit News. “He is not on athletic scholarship. His status with our football program will be determined at a future time.”

Yeah, I think whoever provided that quote and anyone involved in it should have a downward trending salary adjustment.

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - Toledo Football 1st - 09-20-2014 09:19 AM

Looks like he runs well, though.

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - MotoRocket - 09-20-2014 09:58 AM

Coward. and a liar. Does not need to be given a chance on the Rocket's team. I don't know enough about his character to change my mind on that - so if there is another side to this story, it is not apparent from the video.

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - DetroitRocket - 09-20-2014 10:11 AM

One thing you can say about Campbell is that he recruits good kids and they stay out of trouble. Not interested.

Plus, we really don't have a great record with transfers turning into All-MAC players, no matter how many stars they had in high school.

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - rockytop - 09-20-2014 10:18 AM

Don't need him. Don't want him. Very surprised UT would even consider him.

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - emanoh - 09-20-2014 11:13 AM

I agree we don't need this kid. Much rather take a chance on a hardworking kid who comes in as a freshman and wants to be a Rocket. The video was so strange, I had to keep watching to see what I was missing. It didn't even look like there was much if any of a beef going on and the guy that got punched was talking to the other dude. Of course we don't know what was said. Maybe the guy said "I was at the Toledo vs. Michigan game a few years ago and the Rocket's looked great." Blam!!!!

RE: A Football Transfer We Really Don't Need - BusDriver - 09-21-2014 08:54 AM

If he ever makes the roster/depth chart/steps foot into the Larimer Center, I will not renew my season tickets, and my donations stop immediately. I do not wish to be a part of the the Presidents Club with York in the clubhouse. He can attend classes, but being on the team would be such a stupid move. Campbell has enough to deal with, like trying to win non conference games against FBS opponents, so he shouldn't have to baby sit York.