CSNbbs
talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... (/thread-702744.html)

Pages: 1 2

talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - goherd24herdfans - 09-10-2014 12:46 PM

Just spent a while tslking about BYU..... ending with talking about how the can't make the playoff even if they are undefeated..... lmao... already propaganda flying srund because they are afraid o a little guy. Several mentions of "you cant leave a pac 12 or big 12 rep out, with the acc and sec sending someone... i dont know how byu gets in...."

Their schedule is as hard as you could ask for.

@ uconn
@ texas
Houston
Virginia
Utah State
@UCF
Nevada
@Boise
@Middle Tennesee
UNLV
Savannah State
@Cal

So... that schedule undefeated absolutely should put them in the playoff. I am officially a huge BYU fan from this point on. They will do anything to keep them out. I really hope they win out and cause a huge xontroversy on the first year. Exactly why it should be 8 teams.

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - Blueraidersig - 09-10-2014 12:57 PM

(09-10-2014 12:46 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  Just spent a while tslking about BYU..... ending with talking about how the can't make the playoff even if they are undefeated..... lmao... already propaganda flying srund because they are afraid o a little guy. Several mentions of "you cant leave a pac 12 or big 12 rep out, with the acc and sec sending someone... i dont know how byu gets in...."

@ uconn
@ texas
Houston
Virginia
Utah State
@UCF
Nevada
@Boise
@Middle Tennesee
UNLV
Savannah State
@Cal

So... that schedule undefeated absolutely should put them in the playoff. I am officially a huge BYU fan from this point on. They will do anything to keep them out. I really hope they win out and cause a huge xontroversy on the first year. Exactly why it should be 8 teams.

I really hope they lose week 9.

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - goherd24herdfans - 09-10-2014 01:53 PM

(09-10-2014 12:57 PM)Blueraidersig Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 12:46 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  Just spent a while tslking about BYU..... ending with talking about how the can't make the playoff even if they are undefeated..... lmao... already propaganda flying srund because they are afraid o a little guy. Several mentions of "you cant leave a pac 12 or big 12 rep out, with the acc and sec sending someone... i dont know how byu gets in...."

@ uconn
@ texas
Houston
Virginia
Utah State
@UCF
Nevada
@Boise
@Middle Tennesee
UNLV
Savannah State
@Cal

I really hope they lose week 9.

Hahaha. I see that. I wasnt even thinking. I do too

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - Hilltop75 - 09-10-2014 02:05 PM

They had a chance to get it right
But they still failed badly. You could have
Kept the bowls too.

You have 8 access bowl games.
This would have 16 teams going to the
8 bowls

The 4 winners of the 8 bowl games becomes
Your 4 team playoff.

The 16 teams could be 10 conference
Champs and 6 at large.

They had the chance to get it right but
There will always be contrversy

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - WKUFan518 - 09-10-2014 02:22 PM

(09-10-2014 02:05 PM)Hilltop75 Wrote:  They had a chance to get it right
Kept the bowls too.

8 bowls

Your 4 team playoff.

Champs and 6 at large.

"Power Conferences" would not in a million years let the Gof5 be anywhere near the Power 5 conferences in the end or in the playoffs....Allowing us in "their" playoff would than give us a chance and have us on a somewhat even plane.....Greed and Money will not let this happen in a million years in football and frankly will not be surprised if this stance college football has does not eventually trickle down to March Madness and NCAA tournament....

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - MUther - 09-10-2014 02:45 PM

Kept the bowls too.

8 bowls

Your 4 team playoff.

Champs and 6 at large.

8 bowl games have 8 winners, not 4.

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - stinkfist - 09-10-2014 03:30 PM

I now wonder when I totally abandon this board or just pick-pocket with niceties relative to Old Tiger.

I'm not quite that old, but it's exponential at this point.....

04-cheers to those that think any of the premise (op) carries weight moving forward.....Ima gonna drink a bunch more for ya 04-cheers

disclaimer: I miss OT and the occasional spanking 03-wink

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - mistabinks - 09-10-2014 03:50 PM

(09-10-2014 02:45 PM)MUther Wrote:  
Kept the bowls too.

8 bowls

Your 4 team playoff.

Champs and 6 at large.

8 bowl games have 8 winners, not 4.

04-jawdrop

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - lmckay92 - 09-10-2014 04:11 PM

It doesn't matter how good BYU is this year, they are independent and should not be allowed a share of the GoF bid. They should have stayed in the MWC.

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - Attackcoog - 09-10-2014 04:30 PM

I see the current system quickly morphing to an 8 team playoff---the Big 10 is already miffed that it appears they are on the outside looking in. What happens when the SEC grabs two slots and there are 2 P5 champs left out. Nope, at the 6 year mark it will get modified. My guess is an 8 team playoff with each P5 champ getting an AQ slot. In order to cover themselves---the top G5 champ will get a AQ slot as well---leaving 2 wild card slots available. Everybody wins and you have a system that can last for quite some time. My guess is everything will stay as it is with the bowls--and the first round of games will be played at the home stadium of the higher ranked team allowing the extra round to simply be snapped onto the existing playoff structure. This first round will be played the weekend of the Army-Navy game (that's going to devalue that game---but oh well)---that will protect the existing season calender. They probably will even allow the first round losers to stay eligible for bowls so that the bowls still have plenty of teams to fill them. The end effect---an extra round of playoff games, more money, and the only change in the bowl structure is that they announce their invites a week later than they currently do.

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - Miami (Oh) Yeah ! - 09-10-2014 04:46 PM

(09-10-2014 04:30 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  I see the current system quickly morphing to an 8 team playoff---the Big 10 is already miffed that it appears they are on the outside looking in. What happens when the SEC grabs two slots and there are 2 P5 champs left out. Nope, at the 6 year mark it will get modified.

No way does Notre Dame get left out if they go undefeated. Imagine this year 1:

#1 SEC
#2 SEC
#3 Notre Dame
#4 ACC (Florida State)

No Big XII, No Big Ten, No PAC 12....... and BYU is undefeated and arguing their case too....

It will get ugly fast....

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - mathenis89 - 09-10-2014 04:50 PM

I'm guessing one of these talking heads is Kirk Herbstreit.

There is no sports "expert" I hate more than him.

Wait, no. Stephen A. Smith will always hold that title.

ESPN experts always **** on teams that aren't members of the "Power Conferences". This will never change.

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - stinkfist - 09-10-2014 04:52 PM

(09-10-2014 04:30 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  I see the current system quickly morphing to an 8 team playoff---the Big 10 is already miffed that it appears they are on the outside looking in. What happens when the SEC grabs two slots and there are 2 P5 champs left out. Nope, at the 6 year mark it will get modified. My guess is an 8 team playoff with each P5 champ getting an AQ slot. In order to cover themselves---the top G5 champ will get a AQ slot as well---leaving 2 wild card slots available. Everybody wins and you have a system that can last for quite some time. My guess is everything will stay as it is with the bowls--and the first round of games will be played at the home stadium of the higher ranked team allowing the extra round to simply be snapped onto the existing playoff structure. This first round will be played the weekend of the Army-Navy game (that's going to devalue that game---but oh well)---that will protect the existing season calender. They probably will even allow the first round losers to stay eligible for bowls so that the bowls still have plenty of teams to fill them. The end effect---an extra round of playoff games, more money, and the only change in the bowl structure is that they announce their invites a week later than they currently do.

to save face and interest, 16 is the final number....said it from day one...

moving the ncaa out of the equation is the first step post defining p5/g5

now that that has begun....the g5 is going to suck schlong for treats like fido and a 'good boy' turd

I'm thinking it goes directly to 16.....it's a 'me' generation kinda karmak thingy from an old dude....

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - Attackcoog - 09-10-2014 05:02 PM

(09-10-2014 04:52 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 04:30 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  I see the current system quickly morphing to an 8 team playoff---the Big 10 is already miffed that it appears they are on the outside looking in. What happens when the SEC grabs two slots and there are 2 P5 champs left out. Nope, at the 6 year mark it will get modified. My guess is an 8 team playoff with each P5 champ getting an AQ slot. In order to cover themselves---the top G5 champ will get a AQ slot as well---leaving 2 wild card slots available. Everybody wins and you have a system that can last for quite some time. My guess is everything will stay as it is with the bowls--and the first round of games will be played at the home stadium of the higher ranked team allowing the extra round to simply be snapped onto the existing playoff structure. This first round will be played the weekend of the Army-Navy game (that's going to devalue that game---but oh well)---that will protect the existing season calender. They probably will even allow the first round losers to stay eligible for bowls so that the bowls still have plenty of teams to fill them. The end effect---an extra round of playoff games, more money, and the only change in the bowl structure is that they announce their invites a week later than they currently do.

now that that has begun....the g5 is going to suck schlong for treats like fido and a 'good boy' turd

I'm thinking it goes directly to 16.....it's a 'me' generation kinda karmak thingy from an old dude....

The problem with 16 is that extends the season too long and plays into the idea that the regular season is being diluted. Don't get me wrong---I'd love 16, but I don't think the votes are ever going to be there for such an expansion. Ive said for some time--8 is the sweet spot. It covers all the bases, is reasonable, and most importantly--it is doable. In the end, they wont let perfect be the enemy of the good. Ultimately, they will pass an 8-team plan because that is what they can get support for.

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - stinkfist - 09-10-2014 05:05 PM

(09-10-2014 05:02 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

The problem with 16 is that extends the season too long and plays into the idea that the regular season is being diluted. Don't get me wrong---I'd love 16, but I don't think the votes are ever going to be there for such an expansion. Ive said for some time--8 is the sweet spot. It covers all the bases, is reasonable, and most importantly--it is doable. In the end, they wont let perfect be the enemy of the good. Ultimately, they will pass an 8-team plan because that is what they can get support for.

the schlong ain't that long....

money...

money....

money..

dots are meaningless...you're smarter than that...................

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - 49RFootballNow - 09-10-2014 05:22 PM

You guys know the Big 10 isn't out of the 4 team playoff just yet, since 2-0 and recently re-bowl eligible Penn State is still there?

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - ecumbh1999 - 09-10-2014 09:29 PM

(09-10-2014 05:05 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

the schlong ain't that long....

money...

money....

money..

dots are meaningless...you're smarter than that...................

03-lmfao

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - winston70 - 09-10-2014 09:41 PM

Kept the bowls too.

8 bowls

Your 4 team playoff.

Champs and 6 at large.

Good post and I agree 04-cheers

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - goherd24herdfans - 09-10-2014 09:46 PM

(09-10-2014 04:11 PM)lmckay92 Wrote:  It doesn't matter how good BYU is this year, they are independent and should not be allowed a share of the GoF bid. They should have stayed in the MWC.

They dont share our access bid. they either go to the miami bowl vs the AAC, a New Years Six at large, or to the playoff. thats it.

RE: talking heads on ESPN on BYU and the playoff... - THUNDERStruck73 - 09-11-2014 09:02 AM

Complete falsehood...The FCS season ends in December with a 16 team playoff...furthermore, you could expand to even 24 with a first round bye to the top eight and still be finished before the season ends as it currently stands