CSNbbs
When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Mid-American Conference Talk (/forum-472.html)
+---- Thread: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? (/thread-702467.html)

Pages: 1 2

When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - Love and Honor - 09-08-2014 09:48 PM

We often rag on other teams' attendances on these boards, which often are reflected in how many students go to the games. If you went to the school that it says on the left side on the screen, how many games per year did you go to?

Obviously there are a lot of factors at play here that determine how many games you went to. Did you get to watch teams like 2012 NIU or were you forced to watch teams like 2013 Miami? Were tickets "free" (student fees required) or did you need to pay extra for tickets? Feel free to share.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - Motown Bronco - 09-08-2014 09:59 PM

1-2 per year. I went to WMU in the early to mid 90s. No MAC titles, but I think we won 7 games in each year I was there. If the bowl system was like it is now, would've been at least 2 or 3 bowls in that span.

My interest and knowledge of Bronco sports actually increased significantly after I graduated, although it probably helped that's around the time the Internet burst on the scene so it became easier to follow.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - HuskieJWN - 09-08-2014 10:02 PM

2012 season was my last season as a student at NIU. I attended 10 of the 14 games that season.

During my four years, I only missed one home game, I had the flu during the Akron game during my freshman year, luckily the game was streamed in the dorms.

I also attended multiple road games/neutral field games. Went to both Solider field games. Went to 2/3 of the MACC while a student. Went to BG and WMU road games as well. (My girlfriend went to BG one year, so that was a dual visit.) also, obviously went to Miami for the Orange Bowl.

Tickets were through a fee, you just showed up. We also got free tickets to MACC at least once and the OB due to alumni donations.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - MidnightBlueGold - 09-08-2014 10:19 PM

I've been to all of UT's home games since my freshman year (fall '07) except for 1, and that was when FB played EMU on a Friday, and MBB played at Michigan St. at the same time, so I decided to go to that. I've been going to the away games games at both EMU & bgSUCKS since '03 or '04. Also been to UT's games at Purdue (x2), Cleveland (0$U), 0$U, Arizona, Florida, WMU, Boise (Potato Bowl), DC (Military Bowl).

I had been going to games since I was a kid, usually a couple a year, but not exactly sure. Was at the Pitt game in '03, Navy in '01 when UT set their single game attendance record of 36k+, a Marshall game in in 00s, Cal Poly, etc.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - Sultan of Euphonistan - 09-08-2014 10:55 PM

I went to all Kent State home games for 7 years. I went to away games to Akron a number of times, BG, Ohio, Navy Ohio State (2x), and Temple.

Now don't get too excited I "cheated"...I was with the band for most of those.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - UofToledoFans - 09-08-2014 11:02 PM

I've been to every home game since 2001 except CMU and Wyoming in 2010. I'm 20 years old.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - cmufanatic - 09-09-2014 06:38 AM

(09-08-2014 11:02 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  I've been to every home game since 2001 except CMU and Wyoming in 2010. I'm 20 years old.

was at cmu 94-98, went to all of the home games for three years (was in marching band) and then made all the remaining home games the next 2 years. Sat through some dismal football the flynn -debord years as a student but kept my colors true. As an alum i live 2 hrs away, still make most of the home games.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - CHIPPEWA ENEMA - 09-09-2014 07:39 AM

I was at CMU during the Kramer years. I went to every home game as well as a couple of road trips. I always sat in the student section (the weed was better), and the emotional intensity during games was electric! I have made l-o-n-g trips to Mt. Pleasant during the Kelly/Jones tenures, but have not been back since Anus Enos was royally appointed by P1G consultants (the Pres. & AD are both P1G graduates-post grads).

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - niusfactuary - 09-09-2014 07:55 AM

Went to every football game while I was at NIU. I did work for Sports Info for my first 4 years, so I was working and got to watch from the press box. But my extra semester I had to finish things up, I went to all home games.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - NIU70 - 09-09-2014 09:27 AM

I have missed 5 NIU home games since 1966. I have been to countless road games and all but 2 bowl games.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - HuskieJohn - 09-09-2014 10:41 AM

As a student at NIU for 6 years (1999-2004 seasons) I missed 1 home football game.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - Boca Rocket - 09-09-2014 10:44 AM

Every home game FB and BB. Would go to alot of away games. My car was a gas guzzler so if money was tight I would hitch hike.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - Motown Bronco - 09-09-2014 10:52 AM

If we want to include road games, I'm up to 17 Bronco road trip venues:

EMU, CMU, Toledo, Miami, Michigan, MSU, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Florida and Florida State.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - Frozenbaugh - 09-09-2014 10:55 AM

Almost never.....I didn't care about football as a student. Now, I rarely, if ever miss. I can only think of one game I went to as a student and that was in 1992 against Akron. Akron won.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - exCincy Kid1 - 09-09-2014 11:09 AM

When I was in school, I went to every home game and then always to UC game (when away). Didn't have a car so couldn't really go to other away games. Afer graduation, I lived out west (LA and then Denver) for a number of years, so was tough to go to games then...still, I would try to make one a year. When I returned to the midwest I usually went to 1-2 games (mostly away games since I have never lived anywhere close to Oxford my entire business career. I made a few bowl games and caught some great away games (LSU, Mich State, Purdue, NW, OSU) and I have been at least once to every MAC stadium. I do freely admit that with the dismal performance of our program that last 8 years or so I have only been to a few games in that timeframe, mostly at NW and OSU, BSU (my bro has season tix there) and a couple of home games.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - Okie Chippewa - 09-09-2014 11:27 AM

CMU mid-70 glory years. Nuff said!!

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - exCincy Kid1 - 09-09-2014 12:01 PM

Okie and Motown: Since I lived in Midland, MI 6 years in the 80s I went to quite a few CMU games (both football and hoops). Even got my ticket # drawn to take a half court shot for a $100 at halftime once. (I missed and got a free meal at the Embers as a consolation prize!).

Also went to Miami football games at EMU and WMU stadiums during that timeframe. Before renovations, Rynearson literally had something like 10 rows of wooden temp type bleachers for the away side in those days....I was there when George Swarn (MU RB) ran for something like 326 yards on the muddiest football field I have ever seen.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - Boca Rocket - 09-09-2014 12:07 PM

(09-09-2014 11:27 AM)Okie Chippewa Wrote:  CMU mid-70 glory years. Nuff said!!

The '77 team was special.

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - exCincy Kid1 - 09-09-2014 12:58 PM

'77....Hogeboom era at CMU??

RE: When you went to (insert MAC school), how many games per year did you go to? - H2Oville Rocket - 09-09-2014 01:39 PM

All home and a couple away at BG. And every home and away track meet. 03-wink