CSNbbs
U.S. job growth falls to eight-month low, labor force shrinks - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: U.S. job growth falls to eight-month low, labor force shrinks (/thread-701779.html)

U.S. job growth falls to eight-month low, labor force shrinks - EagleX - 09-05-2014 11:30 AM

it was the weather. it was the ukranians. it was george bush. it was global warming.

Quote:U.S. job growth brakes to eight-month low, labor force shrinks

(Reuters) - U.S. employers hired the fewest number of workers in eight months in August and more Americans gave up the hunt for jobs, providing a cautious Federal Reserve with more reasons to wait longer before raising interest rates.

Nonfarm payrolls increased 142,000 last month after expanding by 212,000 in July, the Labor Department said on Friday. The jobless rate fell one-tenth of a percentage point to 6.1 percent, but that was partly because people dropped out of the labor force.

Data for June and July were revised to show 28,000 fewer jobs created than previously reported. In addition, manufacturing saw no job growth and retail payrolls declined for the first time since February.

"The underlying message appears to be that the U.S. labor market recovery, which until this month appeared to have been firing on all cylinders, has hit a snag," said Millan Mulraine, deputy chief economist at TD Securities in New York.

Linky

RE: U.S. job growth falls to eight-month low, labor force shrinks - DrTorch - 09-05-2014 11:57 AM

I wonder if we'll see a spike in growth right around election time.

RE: U.S. job growth falls to eight-month low, labor force shrinks - SumOfAllFears - 09-05-2014 12:29 PM

No matter what the numbers are, the administration will tell everyone it is all rainbows and unicorns out there and Zero will play another 18 holes.

RE: U.S. job growth falls to eight-month low, labor force shrinks - AngryAphid - 09-05-2014 12:39 PM

(09-05-2014 12:29 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  No matter what the numbers are, the administration will tell everyone it is all rainbows and unicorns out there and Zero will play another 18 holes.

This economy has forced most Rainbows to cut back to six colors.

U.S. job growth falls to eight-month low, labor force shrinks - TigerBlue4Ever - 09-05-2014 12:58 PM

(09-05-2014 12:39 PM)AngryAphid Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 12:29 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  No matter what the numbers are, the administration will tell everyone it is all rainbows and unicorns out there and Zero will play another 18 holes.

This economy has forced most Rainbows to cut back to six colors.

Nice

Posted from the shallow recesses of my feeble mind.

RE: U.S. job growth falls to eight-month low, labor force shrinks - EverRespect - 09-05-2014 01:00 PM

(09-05-2014 11:57 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  I wonder if we'll see a spike in growth right around election time.

Good point, it will likely "bounce back" next month. Reminds me when I used to manage a 7 Eleven. Due to a poor shift change, someone's register was often $20 short and then, if there was no theft, the person on the register for the next shift would be $20 over.