CSNbbs
Projected Men's Basketball Lineups - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: Projected Men's Basketball Lineups (/thread-701583.html)

Projected Men's Basketball Lineups - FlashPan - 09-04-2014 08:47 AM

What is the word on the street for the projected starting lineup for Men's Basketball?

RE: Projected Men's Basketball Lineups - Slinkin Street Flash - 09-05-2014 06:00 AM

I'll bite, but I don't have any inside knowledge -

You'd have to expect the guard rotation to be pretty much the same as last year- Kris Brewer, Devereaux Manley, Derek Jackson, and Kellon Thomas. I'd assume Craig Brown is going to take KK Simmons' minutes, and I hope he'd be good enough to wrestle some minutes away from the other four.

I see Brown and Gary Akbar are listed as 'G/F' but I got the assumption that Brown played more guard at Rutgers and Akbar played more forward in junior college. Tyler Scott and Devin Carter are both gone, but they didn't have significant minutes last year. Jon Fleming is still here, but don't expect to see him on the floor much.

At forward, we'll see more changes - Mark Henniger has graduated and Darren Goodson has moved over to tight end. I'd expect Jimmy Hall and Khaliq Spicer to be the starting forwards, with Chris Ortiz to be in the rotation. I'd like to see Marquiz Lawrence push the first 3 guys. It would be great for freshman Raasean Davis to come in and be productive and earn a lot of time on the floor. He may have the potential to be a special player in the MAC.

Blake Vedder, Gary Akbar, and Marvin Jones I see as just getting time in specialized situations.

RE: Projected Men's Basketball Lineups - fallsdog - 09-05-2014 10:30 AM

I am looking forward to see some uptempo basketball and especially some defensive pressure. When Thomas, Brewer and Jackson are on the floor together I am hoping that Coach unleashes full court defense and traps.