CSNbbs
Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott (/thread-701465.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - EagleSam - 09-03-2014 01:50 PM

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/09/3_emu_football_players_charged.html

Figured it was something like this. We probably won't be seeing them anytime soon, if ever again, on the field.

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - emu steve - 09-03-2014 01:55 PM

Hmmmmm.

Now we need info about the victim to piece this puzzle together.

I doubt this was a 'random' incident.

Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - thexus - 09-03-2014 01:55 PM

Heard there were other reasons for Quincy and Scott, but this is quite the letdown. Noticed Scott wasn't on the trip with the rest of the seniors as well.

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - emu steve - 09-03-2014 02:04 PM

(09-03-2014 01:55 PM)thexus Wrote:  Heard there were other reasons for Quincy and Scott, but this is quite the letdown. Noticed Scott wasn't on the trip with the rest of the seniors as well.

I'm playing sleuth on this one.

I believe neither Quincy or Scott were on the 2-deep issued 9 days ago.

That means there was something happening BEFORE then.

Now this happened AFTER that.

This suggests that the issue is COMPLEX, not SIMPLE (complex meaning two or more things, not simply one) BUT the Jones case can be simple (he was in the 2-deeps 9 days ago).

Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - thexus - 09-03-2014 02:08 PM

Agreed. Noticed when we got to the game that they issued Quincy and Scott's jersey numbers to other players at the same position (White is wearing 1 and Strange is wearing 8). Figure they are done.

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - Huron Boy - 09-03-2014 02:48 PM

I thought I was stupid at that age, but this is amazing. Even if there is a backstory to this, they should not be in such a position to be charged for assault. Such a waste

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - emu steve - 09-03-2014 03:19 PM

(09-03-2014 02:08 PM)thexus Wrote:  Agreed. Noticed when we got to the game that they issued Quincy and Scott's jersey numbers to other players at the same position (White is wearing 1 and Strange is wearing 8). Figure they are done.

I noticed that too. Big red flag if I've ever seen one.

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - EagleSam - 09-03-2014 03:49 PM

I'm guessing Jay will still be on the team. He didn't lose his number, and according to the article, he doesn't have a court date set. Pure speculation, but I'd bet he was guilty by association.

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - emu steve - 09-03-2014 04:00 PM

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/09/police_emu_football_players_kn.html

Now we REALLY need to know who the victim was and why there seems to be retribution.

I'm reading the word "case" as if this action was related to a previous criminal case and there was some 'street justice' where the players took matters in their own hands.

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - emu steve - 09-03-2014 04:14 PM

"The three Eastern Michigan University football players charged with assault beat a 24-year-old Ypsilanti man who was connected to a previous criminal case, according to police."

Okay, now we need to associate this man to what?????

I had first wondered about D. Reed, but weren't all of those charged (two?) from Detroit? Was the acquitted free or was he held for other problems in Detroit?????? He wasn't from Ypsi, I don't think.

Otherwise, I have no ideas at all as to what might be happening in Ypsi. I'm not big on the crime beat. I much prefer to read 2-deeps and lights, scoreboard and gray turf. :)

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - EagleSam - 09-03-2014 04:31 PM

The one guy from the Reed case was found not guilty and is a free man.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was connected to the Reed case. I don't know about Quincy, Scott and Jay Jones were very close with Reed.

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - emu steve - 09-03-2014 04:38 PM

(09-03-2014 04:31 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  The one guy from the Reed case was found not guilty and is a free man.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was connected to the Reed case. I don't know about Quincy, Scott and Jay Jones were very close with Reed.

Is he from Ypsi? I thought Detroit?

If MLive says "Detroit", I'm with you and looking to the D. Reed criminal case, otherwise?????

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - ljmhurons - 09-03-2014 05:37 PM

"Scott, 22, of Chicago, is listed as a 5-foot-8-inches tall senior defensive back from Simeon Academy. Quincy Jones, 20, is a 6-foot-2-inches tall junior wide receiver from Cleveland. Jay Jones is a 5-foot-10-inches tall redshirt junior wide receiver from Palm Coast, Florida."

They aren't from Detroit.

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - emu steve - 09-03-2014 05:47 PM

(09-03-2014 05:37 PM)ljmhurons Wrote:  "Scott, 22, of Chicago, is listed as a 5-foot-8-inches tall senior defensive back from Simeon Academy. Quincy Jones, 20, is a 6-foot-2-inches tall junior wide receiver from Cleveland. Jay Jones is a 5-foot-10-inches tall redshirt junior wide receiver from Palm Coast, Florida."

They aren't from Detroit.

???????????

We were talking about those involved in the D. Reed murder case and the one who is supposed a free man (acquitted). Those two were Detroiters.

The question I now have: Ypsilanti man aged 24?

Was there a friend of the two from Detroit who lived in the area (or the apartment complex that D. Reed did), hence a Ypsi guy? Is that the connection between the Detroiters and the fact that they were in Ypsi at a party?

Were the two from Detroit visiting the 24 year old Ypsi guy????

Was there anyone from Ypsi who testified at the trial????

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - TheWoodenNickle - 09-03-2014 06:26 PM

(09-03-2014 04:31 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  The one guy from the Reed case was found not guilty and is a free man.

Ed Thomas was the guy that was acquitted. According to the news reports he was 21. This new story says the victim is 24. Probably not the same guy but I can't help but think that this is somehow related to the Reed case.

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - EagleHawk - 09-03-2014 10:40 PM

(09-03-2014 06:26 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  

Ed Thomas was the guy that was acquitted. According to the news reports he was 21. This new story says the victim is 24. Probably not the same guy but I can't help but think that this is somehow related to the Reed case.

Same. All three were very close to Reed.

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - emu steve - 09-04-2014 04:22 AM

(09-03-2014 10:40 PM)EagleHawk Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 06:26 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  

Same. All three were very close to Reed.

If this be true, I don't think we can imagine how many people were greatly affected by Reed's death.

I believe at least one player left EMU and returned home.

Now maybe three more players are affected in a truly bad way.

The aftershocks continue... Truly sad.

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - emu79 - 09-04-2014 06:40 AM

That explains three what about players like Mike Brown, Derric Williams etc.?

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - DexterDevil - 09-04-2014 07:01 AM

The Eastern Michigan Vigilantes?

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: Here's why we haven't seen QJones, JJones, and Scott - Bob Wickersham - 09-04-2014 07:55 AM

The "why" of the matter is irrelevant! Grow up Steve, they committed a crime-yet another black eye. This team is going sideways fast.

1. Eastern opens the CC era to fewer than 9,000 fans.
2. The cinder block entrance "fail" gets mocked on ESPN's Not Top Plays AND Around the Horn.
3. Lackluster performance vs lowly Morgan State.
4. Reggie Bell inexplicably is named starting QB to a chorus of "who? Why?
5. Three key players get in trouble for vigilante justice at the scene of last year's murder! WTF.
6. Based on the Morgan State game, a 50 point loss looks very possible in the Swamp.