CSNbbs
Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good (/thread-700987.html)

Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good - San Giuseppe Jato Rocket - 08-31-2014 03:54 PM

Our band looks noticeably larger over the last few seasons. Just a rough guess, but it appears we have at least 25 more band members this year over recent years. They also seemed generally more enthusiastic (dare I say "rowdy") and reminded me of Ohio U Marching 110 for the first time ever.

Well done Band!

RE: Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good - MidnightBlueGold - 08-31-2014 04:15 PM

I was wondering if it was just me who thought the band looked bigger.

RE: Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good - H2Oville Rocket - 08-31-2014 04:20 PM

Always love the RMB!

RE: Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good - inductchuck16 - 08-31-2014 09:41 PM

Band is around 230 members this year. Looked a lot bigger and that's a good thing when it comes to marching bands. Heard they're also getting new uniforms this year, should be ready for either Missouri or the game after that.

RE: Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good - Toledo Football 1st - 08-31-2014 10:00 PM

Now that you mention it the band did look bigger.

As far as how they sound...'Carry On Wayward Son' needs a LOT of work....

RE: Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good - Boca Rocket - 09-01-2014 12:29 AM

Always like hearing the UT Band. As long as they do a great job on the Alma Mater, UT Fight Song , and the National Anthem-they're fine by me.

Re: RE: Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good - MidnightBlueGold - 09-01-2014 08:37 AM

(08-31-2014 10:00 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  Now that you mention it the band did look bigger.

Hopefully they didn't compromise quality for quantity.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good - FMRocket - 09-01-2014 10:05 AM

(08-31-2014 10:00 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  Now that you mention it the band did look bigger.

They sounded fine !!!
These kids work hard, on and off the field, and do not get the credit they deserve...

RE: Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good - PTLROCK - 09-01-2014 08:39 PM

The band was noticeably bigger and looked sharp. A great band adds so much to the atmosphere!

Love it.

RE: Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good - Toledo Football 1st - 09-01-2014 10:49 PM

(09-01-2014 10:05 AM)FMRocket Wrote:  

They sounded fine !!!
These kids work hard, on and off the field, and do not get the credit they deserve...

I agree they don't get the credit they deserve. Learning those shows is not easy. I know, I did it in HS--a new one every week. But, Wayward Son was bad--at least 3 different meters going on. Of course, the more people you have the harder it is to get it tight. I'm sure they'll get better.

RE: Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good - Rocket A - 09-02-2014 04:59 PM

Would rather hear the band play during timeouts, than having Kevin Mullins on the mic in the stands.

RE: Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good - Toledo Football 1st - 09-02-2014 11:55 PM

Oh I don't know, I liked the idea. Sometime back people were suggesting that they should try to engage the fans in the event more and I think that is an attempt to do so. Some of it fell dead because he kind of put kids on the spot and they froze up. Some kids are natural hams, some just freeze up and don't know what to say. They have to keep trying and figure out what works and what doesn't. With kids I think the cams work well, the interviews not so much, unless they pick the right kid.

RE: Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good - eastisbest - 09-03-2014 04:49 PM

I thought the kids did great, I like the fear in the adults' when the kid has that deer in the headlights look. It was the announcer guy that will get "warmer" as he gets experience. Some people got that "it" and some have to find it. He's in the latter maybe.

The good thing: he doesn't seem to be afraid to wade in. Once he's familiar enough with the experience, if he's any kind of natural banter in him, I'm imagining it will come out. Folksy, homey, clever, whatever he is as long as he enjoys being with people and that comes out, what else has to happen? That's the thing about Rygnolski (sp?), no matter who he was with you got the idea he was enjoying his time with them.

RE: Rocket Marching Band; Looking Good, Sounding Good - inductchuck16 - 09-04-2014 07:51 PM

The marching band will be sporting brand spankin' new uniforms for the game this Saturday!! Can't wait to see 'em.