CSNbbs
Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? (/thread-700685.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - BIGDTiger - 08-30-2014 07:36 AM

Football program seems solid, & would be great for basketball. I'd love for the American to add Nova & UMASS. But would nova ever accept?

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - Brother Bluto - 08-30-2014 07:38 AM

We have too many teams already

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - cotton1991 - 08-30-2014 07:47 AM

(08-30-2014 07:38 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  We have too many teams already

Kick out Houston and get Nova. j/k

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - BIGDTiger - 08-30-2014 07:48 AM

I agree. I think Tulane, Tulsa & ECU were horrible additions. Gives it a CUSA feel. Our conference leaders made snap decisions on some of our addittions. If we add another CUSA school ima lose it. Other than that I feel we've made the best possible choices in terms of competition & location. Before anymore additions the conference needs to be patient & wait for a couple of the BigEast basketball schools like Nova to develop decent football programs. Tulane may prove to be smart but Tulsa & ECU? I don't see it. ECU is a dying brand.

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - Brother Bluto - 08-30-2014 08:22 AM

10 should be the max number in a conference IMO but I realize money talks. It was so awesome last year in hoops having a home and home with everyone.

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - Mimi - 08-30-2014 08:57 AM

ECU is a great addition.

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - mairving - 08-30-2014 09:01 AM

(08-30-2014 07:48 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  

I agree. I think Tulane, Tulsa & ECU were horrible additions. Gives it a CUSA feel. Our conference leaders made snap decisions on some of our addittions. If we add another CUSA school ima lose it. Other than that I feel we've made the best possible choices in terms of competition & location. Before anymore additions the conference needs to be patient & wait for a couple of the BigEast basketball schools like Nova to develop decent football programs the Big 12 to take a couple of teams from the AAC. Tulane may prove to be smart but Tulsa & ECU? I don't see it. ECU is a dying brand.

FIFY

Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - tnzazz - 08-30-2014 09:42 AM

There is no point whatsoever to bring in Nova. They are in a lower division, and Temple would never allow it.

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - EvilLore - 08-30-2014 09:44 AM

I agree. I think Tulane, Tulsa & ECU were horrible additions. Gives it a CUSA feel. Our conference leaders made snap decisions on some of our addittions. If we add another CUSA school ima lose it. Other than that I feel we've made the best possible choices in terms of competition & location. Before anymore additions the conference needs to be patient & wait for a couple of the BigEast basketball schools like Nova to develop decent football programs. Tulane may prove to be smart but Tulsa & ECU? I don't see it. ECU is a dying brand.

ECU football is probably the strongest brand we have, along with Cincinnati and UCF.

With their stadium expansion, they'll be averaging close to 50k every home game.

Tulsa and Tulane were the head-scratchers in expansion. New Orleans is a great destination but they bring absolutely nothing to the table athletically. Tulsa is the dying brand. They should have stayed in C-USA while we extended an all-sport invite to Villanova or an MWC school.

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - BIGDTiger - 08-30-2014 02:45 PM

(08-30-2014 09:44 AM)EvilLore Wrote:  

ECU football is probably the strongest brand we have, along with Cincinnati and UCF.

With their stadium expansion, they'll be averaging close to 50k every home game.

Tulsa and Tulane were the head-scratchers in expansion. New Orleans is a great destination but they bring absolutely nothing to the table athletically. Tulsa is the dying brand. They should have stayed in C-USA while we extended an all-sport invite to Villanova or an MWC school.

Hope you are right about ecu. They really haven't made much noise lately. I agree about Tulsa & Nova. Tulsa brings nothing. Nova brings their basketball brand & the rest of the Philly audience.

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - TigerTimmy - 08-30-2014 02:54 PM

ECU was a good addition for football.

Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - tnzazz - 08-30-2014 02:56 PM

(08-30-2014 02:45 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  

Hope you are right about ecu. They really haven't made much noise lately. I agree about Tulsa & Nova. Tulsa brings nothing. Nova brings their basketball brand & the rest of the Philly audience.

Nova is D2 and wouldn't be competitive. Not to mention, Temple would NEVER allow this.

Tulsa brings a lot more to the table since everything is about football.

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - BIGDTiger - 08-30-2014 02:58 PM

(08-30-2014 02:56 PM)tnzazz Wrote:  

Nova is D2 and wouldn't be competitive. Not to mention, Temple would NEVER allow this.

You didn't notice they pushed Syracuse to double ot last night? Really shoulda won. They are ready for the jump.

Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - tnzazz - 08-30-2014 03:23 PM

(08-30-2014 02:58 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  
(08-30-2014 02:56 PM)tnzazz Wrote:  
(08-30-2014 07:48 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  I agree. I think Tulane, Tulsa & ECU were horrible additions. Gives it a CUSA feel. Our conference leaders made snap decisions on some of our addittions. If we add another CUSA school ima lose it. Other than that I feel we've made the best possible choices in terms of competition & location. Before anymore additions the conference needs to be patient & wait for a couple of the BigEast basketball schools like Nova to develop decent football programs. Tulane may prove to be smart but Tulsa & ECU? I don't see it. ECU is a dying brand.

You didn't notice they pushed Syracuse to double ot last night? Really shoulda won. They are ready for the jump.

Nope. Cuse is horrible.

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - memphisike - 08-30-2014 04:23 PM

Dont worry about E.C.U. they will be in the ACC soon enough. I like the idea of nova and u mass

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - BIGDTiger - 08-30-2014 11:37 PM

If Tulsa, Tulane & ECU are so awesome, why didn't they ever make cusa awesome? Fact is, we've reassembled cusa+uconn.

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - Brother Bluto - 08-31-2014 07:45 AM

(08-30-2014 11:37 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  If Tulsa, Tulane & ECU are so awesome, why didn't they ever make cusa awesome? Fact is, we've reassembled cusa+uconn.

Like Tulane because of location. The other two not so much.

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - UofMemphis - 08-31-2014 10:52 AM

So why don't you cry about it, damn...I'm proud to add teams like ECU and Navy.

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - Mimi - 08-31-2014 11:01 AM

(08-30-2014 11:37 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  If Tulsa, Tulane & ECU are so awesome, why didn't they ever make cusa awesome? Fact is, we've reassembled cusa+uconn.

ECU and Tulsa did add quite a bit to CUSA.

RE: Is Villanova a legit candidate for The American? - FUB - 08-31-2014 12:02 PM

NO NO NO NO NO ........NO !