CSNbbs
For the first time in looooong time - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: NTR Sports (/forum-675.html)
+------- Thread: For the first time in looooong time (/thread-700649.html)

For the first time in looooong time - ncrdbl1 - 08-29-2014 09:49 PM

As a Cub fans i can honestly say "I Can't Wait Till Next Year." The baby Cubs may knock down that new scoreboard before they can get it paid for. Everyone they are bringing up is crushing the ball. May lead NL in homers next year without bringing up Bryant who has 40 between AA and AAA this year.

The infield of Rizzo, Baez, Castro and Bryant could easily hit 100 HRs. Castillo, Alcantra and Soler could add 15-20 each. Best thing is the oldest member of that infield is Rizzo at 25.

The biggest question is where are they going to find a place for Russel?

RE: For the first time in looooong time - mairving - 08-30-2014 06:59 AM

Cub fans have been saying wait til next year for about 100 years now.

RE: For the first time in looooong time - ncrdbl1 - 08-30-2014 06:05 PM

Have filled the outfield seats at Busch with baseballs the first two games so far. 7 HR in first two games

RE: For the first time in looooong time - ericsrevenge76 - 08-31-2014 09:23 AM

Andre Dawson will have a monster year.

I just hope Ryne Sandberg can do the same.

RE: For the first time in looooong time - southpaw1 - 08-31-2014 05:57 PM

(08-29-2014 09:49 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  As a Cub fans i can honestly say "I Can't Wait Till Next Year." The baby Cubs may knock down that new scoreboard before they can get it paid for. Everyone they are bringing up is crushing the ball. May lead NL in homers next year without bringing up Bryant who has 40 between AA and AAA this year.

The infield of Rizzo, Baez, Castro and Bryant could easily hit 100 HRs. Castillo, Alcantra and Soler could add 15-20 each. Best thing is the oldest member of that infield is Rizzo at 25.

The biggest question is where are they going to find a place for Russel?

It is pretty exciting to see the offense that these young guys are bringing to the field. I'm with you, the future is looking pretty bright.

RE: For the first time in looooong time - ncrdbl1 - 08-31-2014 08:37 PM

For the life of me i cannot understand his moves in the pen tonight.Grimm did OK even with pitching three straight days, but then he decided to go to the relief pitchers who gave up 9 runs in the 8th last night instead of bringing in Ramirez who has been shutdown strong the first two games. The pen gave up a total of 12 runs in the 8th inning of the last two games.

9 HR in a four game series and the pen blows at least one of the games. Should have taken series 3-1