CSNbbs
So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF (/thread-700545.html)

So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF - PirateTreasureNC - 08-29-2014 10:02 AM

Couldn't keep The Team?

And those actually made it to the game to begin with?

RE: So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF - Attackcoog - 08-29-2014 10:08 AM

I though it was costing Vandy a time out each half.

RE: So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF - john01992 - 08-29-2014 10:10 AM

(08-29-2014 10:08 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  I though it was costing Vandy a time out each half.

Vandy printed out an email saying they were approved and handed it to the refs in the middle of the game.

RE: So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF - ken d - 08-29-2014 10:13 AM

?????

RE: So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF - PirateTreasureNC - 08-29-2014 10:15 AM

(08-29-2014 10:10 AM)john01992 Wrote:  
(08-29-2014 10:08 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  I though it was costing Vandy a time out each half.

Vandy printed out an email saying they were approved and handed it to the refs in the middle of the game.

And how was that info THAT handy AND not set up beforehand?

Then one has to ask, was it a ESPN/SEC/SECNetwork conspiracy?

RE: So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF - HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine - 08-29-2014 11:05 AM

Apparently, it didn't matter. 03-lmfao03-lmfao

RE: So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF - Bull - 08-29-2014 11:28 AM

Stupid beyond belief. We caught hell in the media for wanting to do this, and then stopping when we found out it's against the rules. Yet BYU, Vandy and others can get away with it? We were told we'd be penalized, yet Vandy isn't? Or they got an approval but we couldn't? I know the service academies have an exemption.

I could care less, actually prefer no names/slogans which is what we're doing... but let's make the rules apply to everyone. It's pretty obvious why USF thought this was an acceptable practice.

RE: So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF - CommuterBob - 08-29-2014 12:42 PM

SEC clarified the issue. The jerseys WERE illegal and the timeouts should have been assessed.

Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer · 2m
SEC statement saying Vandy was actually not permitted to wear their jerseys last night: pic.twitter.com/VjKAWtYSdH

Quote:A miscommunication resulted in Vanderbilt wearing jerseys during its football game Thursday night that are not permissible under NCAA football uniform regulations.

RE: So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF - monarchoptimist - 08-29-2014 12:58 PM

(08-29-2014 12:42 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  SEC clarified the issue. The jerseys WERE illegal and the timeouts should have been assessed.

SEC statement saying Vandy was actually not permitted to wear their jerseys last night: pic.twitter.com/VjKAWtYSdH

Quote:A miscommunication resulted in Vanderbilt wearing jerseys during its football game Thursday night that are not permissible under NCAA football uniform regulations.

They should forfeit the win.....oh wait. 05-stirthepot

RE: So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF - He1nousOne - 08-29-2014 06:59 PM

(08-29-2014 12:42 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  SEC clarified the issue. The jerseys WERE illegal and the timeouts should have been assessed.

Well of course the SEC is putting out statements of this kind After the fact. Why would the Vandy reps lie about getting approval from the SEC beforehand though?

The SEC says go for it and then after the fact the SEC admonishes the NCAA about what they Should have done.

You create the problem and then you say what the NCAA should have done. Just one more shot across the bough.

RE: So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF - quo vadis - 08-30-2014 05:29 AM

(08-29-2014 11:28 AM)Bull Wrote:  Stupid beyond belief. We caught hell in the media for wanting to do this, and then stopping when we found out it's against the rules. Yet BYU, Vandy and others can get away with it? We were told we'd be penalized, yet Vandy isn't? Or they got an approval but we couldn't? I know the service academies have an exemption.

I could care less, actually prefer no names/slogans which is what we're doing... but let's make the rules apply to everyone. It's pretty obvious why USF thought this was an acceptable practice.

Yes, it's rather ridiculous that we were chastised and threatened but BYU and Vandy were able to do just forge ahead with theirs at no penalty.

RE: So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF - BearcatJerry - 08-30-2014 09:48 AM

(08-29-2014 10:10 AM)john01992 Wrote:  

It was signed, "Juan Epstein's Mother"

RE: So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF - BruceMcF - 08-30-2014 10:24 AM

(08-30-2014 05:29 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  Yes, it's rather ridiculous that we were chastised and threatened but BYU and Vandy were able to do just forge ahead with theirs at no penalty.
Am I write in assuming it was an SEC crew at the Temple/Vandy game?

In this case, though, the penalty was intrinsic, since it seems that the offense thought that that the Anchor in "Anchor Down" was the football and the defensive secondary thought "Anchor Down" was supposed to be their reaction when the ball was hiked.

RE: So Vandy gets to keep Anchor Down yet USF - Bearcats#1 - 08-30-2014 07:57 PM

it cost Vandy timeouts but it really didn't matter since Temple b-slapped them.