CSNbbs
Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat (/thread-699646.html)

Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat - EagleX - 08-23-2014 09:24 PM

if carpetbagger scott brown wins in NH, it's not even a wave election. it's a tsunami election.

Quote:Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat

The US Senate race in New Hampshire has narrowed, and Republican Scott Brown is now in a dead heat with incumbent Democrat Jeanne Shaheen, according to a new poll.

The Granite State Poll, released Thursday evening, found Brown trailing Shaheen, 44 percent to 46 percent among likely voters, with 9 percent not knowing or undecided in a hypothetical general election matchup. The narrow gap between the two contenders was within the margin of error of the poll, which was sponsored by WMUR-TV and conducted by the University of New Hampshire Survey Center.

A WMUR survey released early last month and reporting similar numbers to other polls during that period, found Shaheen leading Brown, 50 percent to 38 percent.

Pollster Andrew E. Smith, a political science professor at UNH, said he thought the shift was a result of national trends and had little to do with the candidates’ campaigns.

linky

RE: Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat - EagleX - 08-23-2014 09:25 PM

. . . oh, and immigration did it.

RE: Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat - UofMstateU - 08-23-2014 10:52 PM

If the republicans flip NH, we could be looking at a republican super majority in 2 years.

RE: Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat - EagleX - 08-23-2014 10:58 PM

if obama does what he is threatening to do regarding a presidential directive on immigration, I think the republicans run the board.

RE: Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat - Native Georgian - 08-24-2014 01:27 AM

I wish good luck to Scott Brown in this campaign, but that 46-44 poll smells like an outlier to me.

RE: Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat - Bull_In_Exile - 08-24-2014 01:33 AM

(08-24-2014 01:27 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  I wish good luck to Scott Brown in this campaign, but that 46-44 poll smells like an outlier to me.

Same here, never trust the first poll that gives hope..

RE: Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat - GoApps70 - 08-24-2014 04:08 AM

Everyone better hope Scott Brown wins or he might move to your state
and run. jk

RE: Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat - Native Georgian - 08-24-2014 08:04 AM

(08-24-2014 04:08 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Everyone better hope Scott Brown wins or he might move to your state
and run. jk
He's doing New Hampshire Republicans a favor. Every other potential candidate is even more flawed than him.

Even if he doesn't win, he is at least a credible option. I predict he loses by about 4-5-6 points.

RE: Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat - QuestionSocratic - 08-24-2014 08:40 AM

(08-24-2014 04:08 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Everyone better hope Scott Brown wins or he might move to your state
and run. jk

Just like those fvcken carpetbaggers Bobby Kennedy and Hillary Clinton.

RE: Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat - Bull_In_Exile - 08-24-2014 10:03 AM

Hey if it got Al Frankin out of office I would donate..

RE: Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat - UofMstateU - 08-24-2014 10:10 AM

(08-24-2014 08:04 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
and run. jk
He's doing New Hampshire Republicans a favor. Every other potential candidate is even more flawed than him.

Even if he doesn't win, he is at least a credible option. I predict he loses by about 4-5-6 points.

He is making democrats spend money where they should be safe. Anytime you make the other side defend what should be a safe area, its a good thing.

And if another poll comes out showing this race in single digits, it will change the dynamics of the next two months. Democratic funds will have to be shifted. Serious funds.

RE: Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat - WoodlandsOwl - 08-24-2014 10:56 PM

If an "incident" occurs in the United States and it's shown the Bad Guys came over the Mexican Border while CBP was playing Baby Sitter the past couple of months, then the Senate should be secure for the GOP.

RE: Scott Brown, Jeanne Shaheen in dead heat - smn1256 - 08-24-2014 11:18 PM

(08-24-2014 10:56 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  If an "incident" occurs in the United States and it's shown the Bad Guys came over the Mexican Border while CBP was playing Baby Sitter the past couple of months, then the Senate should be secure for the GOP.

Why would the bad guys want an incident to happen now? It would ruin the prospects for bigger and more frequent future incidents.