CSNbbs
'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval (/thread-699184.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - WesternBlazer - 08-20-2014 10:58 AM

'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or without public approval, says Gene Hallman

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/08/it_will_happen_a_domed_stadium.html#incart_river_default

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - BlazerFromMD - 08-20-2014 11:03 AM

Gene Hallman must have a pen and a phone.

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - Smaug - 08-20-2014 11:04 AM

Sounds vaguely threatening. 03-lol

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - BandGrad - 08-20-2014 11:30 AM

I'll believe it when I see it.

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - UAB Band Dad - 08-20-2014 02:48 PM

"It's an investment that we will get a return on."

But you can bet that Gene Hallman won't be investing *his* money in building it.

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - BeliefBlazer - 08-20-2014 02:55 PM

(08-20-2014 11:30 AM)BandGrad Wrote:  I'll believe it when I see it.

+1

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - blazerwkr - 08-20-2014 04:37 PM

I may get built as he says but only if he's got a major finger in the pie but no liabilities tied to it if it fails/loses money

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - the_blazerman - 08-20-2014 05:34 PM

(08-20-2014 11:03 AM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  Gene Hallman must have a pen and a phone.

The pen is mightier.

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - UAB Band Dad - 08-20-2014 10:03 PM

Kyle Whitmire of WBHM and Al.com on the chances of a dome. He knows where the bodies are buried. Well worth a listen.

http://www.wbhm.org/News/kyle_whitmire/082014

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - stc - 08-20-2014 11:52 PM

I believe it will be built and I believe it will profit.

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - UAB Band Dad - 08-21-2014 12:06 AM

Listen to the Whitmire link. Hallman is counting on money from the city, county, and state, plus investors. All three of these are short of money. This is Lankford bringing the Olympics to B'ham v2.0.

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - BlazerPhil - 08-21-2014 12:17 AM

(08-21-2014 12:06 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  Listen to the Whitmire link. Hallman is counting on money from the city, county, and state, plus investors. All three of these are short of money. This is Lankford bringing the Winter Olympics to B'ham v2.0.

FIFY

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - BamaScorpio69 - 08-21-2014 02:53 AM

I just about puke in my cereal reading this article. Now I really hope this thing never gets built.

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - bladhmadh - 08-21-2014 03:24 AM

(08-21-2014 02:53 AM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  I just about puke in my cereal reading this article. Now I really hope this thing never gets built.

if we have less than 10,000 at the game next week due to weather the dome will look a lot better

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - ATTALLABLAZE - 08-21-2014 08:23 AM

Just build it. It we had left everything up to he public Birmingham would still have horse carriages running around and most things that have been built in the last 30 years would be in their dreams.
Lord knows I can't stand Hallman and would not piss down his throat if his guts were on fire but this thing needs to get done. I know I am in the minority on this and that's fine. I can tell you now that yes UAB wants an OCS but UAB will gladly play there and it will be a HUGE shot in the arm for the program. It puts UAB in a position for the next round of realignment.

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - UAB Band Dad - 08-21-2014 08:59 AM

I want the OCS but I could deal with playing in the dome, at least in the near term. As stated, it would be lightyears better than what we are stuck with now.

They still don't have the cash to build it. Plenty to pay good buddy consultants for studies, but not to built that monster.

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - mobileblazer - 08-21-2014 09:37 AM

Build it now, please!

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - hooverblazer - 08-21-2014 09:52 AM

The dome should have been built years ago.

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - uabbean - 08-21-2014 09:52 AM

(08-21-2014 08:23 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  ... I know I am in the minority on this and that's fine. I can tell you now that yes UAB wants an OCS but UAB will gladly play there and it will be a HUGE shot in the arm for the program. It puts UAB in a position for the next round of realignment.

(08-21-2014 08:59 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  I want the OCS but I could deal with playing in the dome, at least in the near term. As stated, it would be lightyears better than what we are ...
I want an OCS stadium also. But a major advantage of the dome first is that UAB could concentrate our very limited donations/resources on building other NEEDED athletic facilities.
I personally think we need to spend more for basketball facilities,

RE: 'It will happen:' Birmingham will get domed stadium with or w/o public approval - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 08-21-2014 09:54 AM

If B'ham and its metro area is to ever be competitive for major national conventions, the MPF is a necessary ingredient in the mix. We have to get over the "if it isn't for football (UA & AU?), it shouldn't be built" mindset. We need revenue infusions that are only possible by harvesting tax revenue - for the whole metro area - from the "visiting firemen" that such conventions bring to town. There is certainly no enthusiasm (nor substantial capability) among the natives to make up the difference out of their own pockets, but the money must come from someone to maintain ever more expensive public services.