CSNbbs
Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Charles Harris Memorial People's Forum (/forum-511.html)
+------ Thread: Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? (/thread-699170.html)

Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? - TheJesBro - 08-20-2014 09:52 AM

It took my last package 8 days with the 5-7 Day Super Saver Shipping. My most recent package is at 8 days, and it's looking like 9-10 days). They sit in Preparing Shipment or Processing Order status for up to 7 days. Considering the distribution center is in South Haven, It just feels like they are holding the processing so the order takes the full shipping time to make people sign up for Amazon Prime.

Previously I got these shipments in 3-4 days.

I was curious to other people's experiences...

RE: Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? - MemphisNate - 08-20-2014 10:56 AM

I have Prime so I can't speak to the Super Saver Shipping but I get my Prime shipments within 2 days majority of the time.

RE: Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? - TigerBill - 08-20-2014 11:35 AM

(08-20-2014 10:56 AM)MemphisNate Wrote:  I have Prime so I can't speak to the Super Saver Shipping but I get my Prime shipments within 2 days majority of the time.

Same here, sometimes next day.

RE: Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? - Tiger46 - 08-20-2014 12:33 PM

(08-20-2014 09:52 AM)TheJesBro Wrote:  It took my last package 8 days with the 5-7 Day Super Saver Shipping. My most recent package is at 8 days, and it's looking like 9-10 days). They sit in Preparing Shipment or Processing Order status for up to 7 days. Considering the distribution center is in South Haven, It just feels like they are holding the processing so the order takes the full shipping time to make people sign up for Amazon Prime.

I hear they have been blown away by people ordering virtually every Robin Williams movie, they sold out and I'm sure they are back filling those orders. I wonder if that has slowed them down?

RE: Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? - BuffaloTN - 08-20-2014 02:23 PM

I have Prime. Not going to keep it when it's up. I have noticed that some stuff has been slipping a few days on the timeline.

RE: Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? - TigerBill - 08-20-2014 02:25 PM

(08-20-2014 02:23 PM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  I have Prime. Not going to keep it when it's up. I have noticed that some stuff has been slipping a few days on the timeline.

I stream so much stuff that the shipping is just gravy.

RE: Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? - supertiger - 08-20-2014 03:27 PM

I usually get my Amazon stuff pretty quickly.

I'll also say the Southaven warehouse doesn't contain one of every Amazon item. There are still millions of Amazon items that Amazon sells that may not ever actually step foot in one of their warehouses. Your item may come from a warehouse in California that may not be actually fulfilled by Amazon.

Also, a lot of companies use the USPS for last-mile delivery and that never seems to take ane amount of time that seems reasonable.

RE: Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? - tiger2000 - 08-20-2014 04:46 PM

have had no issues and use it at least once a week (many weeks 2x). I also use PRIME and like the streaming movies/audio.

RE: Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? - eltigre - 08-20-2014 05:28 PM

Not everything on Amazon is actually sold by Amazon. There are a lot of vendors that sell goods on the Amazon website and those items never touch an Amazon facility.

RE: Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? - SayWhat? - 08-20-2014 06:30 PM

(08-20-2014 09:52 AM)TheJesBro Wrote:  It took my last package 8 days with the 5-7 Day Super Saver Shipping. My most recent package is at 8 days, and it's looking like 9-10 days). They sit in Preparing Shipment or Processing Order status for up to 7 days. Considering the distribution center is in South Haven, It just feels like they are holding the processing so the order takes the full shipping time to make people sign up for Amazon Prime.

That's 5-8 business days.

RE: Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? - TheJesBro - 08-21-2014 10:48 AM

(08-20-2014 06:30 PM)SayWhat? Wrote:  

That's 5-8 business days.

I made sure to only count business days. It's usually to my door within the timeframe (towards the end though), but it seems strange to me that even the simple orders take 5-7 [business] days to process.

I should clarify that I'm not complaining as much as I am curious.

RE: Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? - 21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha - 08-21-2014 10:20 PM

Just got an Amazon package today, and I think I ordered it Monday. I considered paying Prime, but I guess I am too cheap.

RE: Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? - poppaslaw - 08-22-2014 09:26 AM

I have Prime and love it.

With that, and you want something next day. It's only $3.99. Not bad.

That said, even with Prime two day, I get a lot of stuff next day especially if it's coming from KY warehouses.

RE: Anybody else seeing longer and longer Amazon shipping times? - snowtiger - 08-24-2014 11:20 AM

I love Kentucky warehouses. They lost two cartons of our product we sent there to be shipped out and Amazon cut us a check. lol.