CSNbbs
What makes GS football so special: - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: What makes GS football so special: (/thread-699126.html)

Pages: 1 2

What makes GS football so special: - gasoutherneagle - 08-19-2014 10:39 PM

RE: What makes GS football so special: - TheRevSWT - 08-19-2014 10:39 PM

What makes GS football so special? GS fans repeatedly telling everybody it is so?

What makes GS football so special: - gasoutherneagle - 08-19-2014 10:49 PM

Try educating yourself BEFORE you speak.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: What makes GS football so special: - TrueBlueDrew - 08-20-2014 01:10 AM

"Do what your momma tells you to do, go to sunday school, go to church, and when you die, you'll go to Statesboro." -Erk Russell

Literally one of my favorite quotes of all time.

What makes GS football so special: - gsu2583 - 08-20-2014 05:23 AM

(08-19-2014 10:39 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  What makes GS football so special? GS fans repeatedly telling everybody it is so?

This.

Title of the thread could have easily been something like "Erks Impact."

Geez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: What makes GS football so special: - swampbear - 08-20-2014 05:32 AM

(08-20-2014 01:10 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  "Do what your momma tells you to do, go to sunday school, go to church, and when you die, you'll go to Statesboro." -Erk Russell

This.....the 1st American football coaches association meeting I attended I was lucky enough to meet Coach Russell. It did not take long to see that he was a special man. Tremendous Coach with "Pied Piper" leadership qualities. He was not only a leader for the Football team but the Fans as well. This Conference desperately needs for Georgia Southern, Appalachian ST and everyone else to hit the ground running this fall.

RE: What makes GS football so special: - rbostic287 - 08-20-2014 05:49 AM

Despite all the bragging and chest thumping we GS fans are honored to be in this conference. "MOST" Southern(GS) fans have never been on this message board or even gsufans.com. So don't get offended when fans on this board boast about past glory and expected future winning. If you watch the video and study some of the history you can see why some are so confident. There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance, us GS fines walk that line pretty well.

P.S. Thanks for the kind words.

RE: What makes GS football so special: - Oldyeller - 08-20-2014 05:51 AM

(08-19-2014 10:39 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  What makes GS football so special? GS fans repeatedly telling everybody it is so?

^My favorite quote of all time.04-cheers

RE: What makes GS football so special: - swampbear - 08-20-2014 05:52 AM

(08-20-2014 05:49 AM)rbostic287 Wrote:  Despite all the bragging and chest thumping we GS fans are honored to be in this conference. "MOST" Southern(GS) fans have never been on this message board or even gsufans.com. So don't get offended when fans on this board boast about past glory and expected future winning. If you watch the video and study some of the history you can see why some are so confident. There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance, us GS fines walk that line pretty well.

P.S. Thanks for the kind words.

You are welcome.....meant every word

RE: What makes GS football so special: - CajunFanatico - 08-20-2014 06:33 AM

(08-20-2014 05:32 AM)swampbear Wrote:  
(08-20-2014 01:10 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  "Do what your momma tells you to do, go to sunday school, go to church, and when you die, you'll go to Statesboro." -Erk Russell

This.....the 1st American football coaches association meeting I attended I was lucky enough to meet Coach Russell. It did not take long to see that he was a special man. Tremendous Coach with "Pied Piper" leadership qualities. He was not only a leader for the Football team but the Fans as well. This Conference desperately needs for Georgia Southern, Appalachian ST and everyone else to hit the ground running this fall.

Weeks 1 & 2 are looking good to me. Weeks 3 & 4, not so much.

RE: What makes GS football so special: - AppinSC - 08-20-2014 08:11 AM

(08-20-2014 05:51 AM)Oldyeller Wrote:  

Taken from an article in the Charlotte Observer regarding an interview of DJ Smith (former App LB) :
And here you are at Wofford, formerly one of Appalachian State’s biggest Southern Conference rivals.

That’s like holding training camp at Butler.

“I hate Wofford,” Smith says. “I hate Furman.”

That it?

“No,” Smith says. “I really hate Georgia Southern.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/08/04/5086400/panthers-lb-smith-back-at-home.html#.U-I0MfPD-ot#storylink=cpy

RE: What makes GS football so special: - GSUsTALON - 08-20-2014 09:11 AM

(08-20-2014 08:11 AM)AppinSC Wrote:  

Taken from an article in the Charlotte Observer regarding an interview of DJ Smith (former App LB) :
And here you are at Wofford, formerly one of Appalachian State’s biggest Southern Conference rivals.

That it?

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/08/04/5086400/panthers-lb-smith-back-at-home.html#.U-I0MfPD-ot#storylink=cpy

Well then things are what they should be!05-mafia

RE: What makes GS football so special: - eaglewraith - 08-20-2014 09:57 AM

(08-20-2014 08:11 AM)AppinSC Wrote:  

That it?

[Image: player-haters.jpg?w=650]

RE: What makes GS football so special: - JoeJag - 08-20-2014 10:13 AM

(08-20-2014 05:32 AM)swampbear Wrote:  

My name is JoeJag and I approve of the above post.

RE: What makes GS football so special: - Georgia_Power_Company - 08-20-2014 10:33 AM

(08-19-2014 10:39 PM)gasoutherneagle Wrote:  

Erk was the man!

01-ncaabbs

Hail Southern!!!

04-rock

RE: What makes GS football so special: - TrueBlueAlum - 08-20-2014 11:55 AM

lol, like someone said in a recent article:

"Georgia Southern has twice as many National Championships as they do losing seasons."

^^I think that's a pretty good reason why we are both special and annoying. :)

RE: What makes GS football so special: - TheRevSWT - 08-20-2014 12:15 PM

(08-19-2014 10:49 PM)gasoutherneagle Wrote:  Try educating yourself BEFORE you speak.

That statement makes no sense. I am fully educated on MANY (not all) Georgia Southern fans telling folks how special they are.

Besides, it was a joke. I hearken back to when Georgia Southern was announced and several of your more... boisterous fans came here to "educate" everyone.

RE: What makes GS football so special: - ValleyBoy - 08-20-2014 12:20 PM

What makes GS football so special.

Winning04-rock

RE: What makes GS football so special: - appsfan - 08-20-2014 07:26 PM

I was taught if I did that, I would go to heaven. Now I learn that I will go to hell, aka Statesboro... 03-confused

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

RE: What makes GS football so special: - Oldyeller - 08-20-2014 08:26 PM

(08-20-2014 12:15 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  
(08-19-2014 10:49 PM)gasoutherneagle Wrote:  Try educating yourself BEFORE you speak.

That statement makes no sense. I am fully educated on MANY (not all) Georgia Southern fans telling folks how special they are.

Besides, it was a joke. I hearken back to when Georgia Southern was announced and several of your more... boisterous fans came here to "educate" everyone.

I hate hearkening back. The attitude on this board at that time was so dismal with so many suggesting that the sky was falling my chest grew tired of bowing up. With so much to be confident about with the package deal of the two FCS perennial powers entering the league I guess we were expecting some positive mojoe not the crap heaped our way at the time. We're over it now so the educating is more due to our magnificent egos. 03-thumbsup