CSNbbs
Done with recruiting? Looking ahead... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Inactive Areas (/forum-770.html)
+--- Forum: MVCbbs (/forum-606.html)
+---- Forum: MVC Team Talk (/forum-608.html)
+----- Forum: Belmont (/forum-324.html)
+----- Thread: Done with recruiting? Looking ahead... (/thread-698904.html)

Done with recruiting? Looking ahead... - Northside Bruin - 08-18-2014 01:43 PM

By my count we are done with recruiting for this year. It appears that we will sign a SG, SF, and C based upon the current commitments signing in November.

A few thoughts/questions:

- We are likely gonig to "play bigger" than most of Coach Byrd's Belmont teams. Our bigs all appear to be skilled inside with fewer big men who are solely focused on shooting.
- in 2015-16 we will have 7 guys over 6-6. That doesn't count Lester who weighs over 220. We will have good size.
- We should be unbelievably loaded that season as we only lose Reece, Holden, and Spencer.
- I am surprised we didn't sign a PG (unless the staff thinks that Benkert can be a PG...no services lists him as a PG). That leaves us with Luke and Chowbay over the next few years. I am thinking Barnette is a pure SG. We really could use that jet quick PG to give us the penetration threat when the normal offense isn't working.
- In 15-16 we will have 5 players from indiana on the roster. If you count KY, IN, IL, and OH, then 9 of 15 will be from those states.

RE: Done with recruiting? Looking ahead... - Bruin2002 - 08-19-2014 06:39 AM

(08-18-2014 01:43 PM)Northside Bruin Wrote:  By my count we are done with recruiting for this year. It appears that we will sign a SG, SF, and C based upon the current commitments signing in November.

A few thoughts/questions:

- We are likely gonig to "play bigger" than most of Coach Byrd's Belmont teams. Our bigs all appear to be skilled inside with fewer big men who are solely focused on shooting.
- in 2015-16 we will have 7 guys over 6-6. That doesn't count Lester who weighs over 220. We will have good size.
- We should be unbelievably loaded that season as we only lose Reece, Holden, and Spencer.
- I am surprised we didn't sign a PG (unless the staff thinks that Benkert can be a PG...no services lists him as a PG). That leaves us with Luke and Chowbay over the next few years. I am thinking Barnette is a pure SG. We really could use that jet quick PG to give us the penetration threat when the normal offense isn't working.
- In 15-16 we will have 5 players from indiana on the roster. If you count KY, IN, IL, and OH, then 9 of 15 will be from those states.

At one of the luncheons last year, Byrd mentioned that Austin was looking really good at PG. He also mentioned that PG may not be Caleb's best position. So that leaves us a little thin at PG in 2015. My wish list for a recruit is a PG that is lightning quick PG that can penetrate and finish well at the rim.

With that said, Craig played the point a few times last year and did quite well. He may fill in at the point at times.